The Sundarbans, in West Bengal, is one of the largest mangrove forests in the world. It lies on the delta of the Brahmaputra, Ganges, and Meghna Rivers. The area is the home of the world-renowned Royal Bengal Tigers. The name of the place comes from the Sundari trees which grow abundantly here.
Details about Sundarbans
- Region: Sundarbans, Kolkata
- Duration: 5 nights/6 days
- Grade: Easy
- Type: Wildlife safari
Cost for Sundarbans
Ex Kolkata: Rs. 22499/- per person
Ex Mumbai: Rs. 29499/- per person (3AC train tickets)
How to reach Kolkata?
Since you will be witnessing the Sundarbans, you have to reach Kolkata. You can get to the City of Joy from any part of India via rail, road, and air.
Reach Kolkata by road
If you want to get to Kolkata via road, then you must consider where you’re starting from. Traveling to Kolkata using the highways is a good option only for those who stay relatively close to West Bengal.
Reach Kolkata by train
Trains leave for the Howrah and Sealdah stations of Kolkata from almost everywhere in India. Kolkata is an important city, and it has well-established connections with the rest of India.
Reach Kolkata by air
Flights are also frequent to and from Kolkata. You can fly to the NetajiSubhash Chandra Bose International Airport from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, and other places.
Sundarbans Boat Safari Itinerary
Day 1 - Kolkata to Sundarbans
Pickup from Kolkata and move towards Sonakhali/Godhkhali, a journey of about 3 hrs. A mesmerizing 3-hour long journey will bring us to our first halt at Gadhkhali. The location from where we will board our adventurous Cruise. We suggest our visitors arrive a night before the original date of commencement to ensure a longer period to get hold of the place. . At the table, we strategize the plan for the coming 5 days. Spend the night on our beautiful “LA FIESTA” boat designed especially for a comfortable stay. This boat will be our abode for the coming 5 days.
Meals – Lunch, Dinner.
Day 2 – Sundarbans National Park
Wakeup early by 5am. Have a breakfast at 5.30am. After sunrise will start our cruise ride. Within a stipulated 30 minutes we will face the jungle – The entry junction. We walk in tandem with jungle timing when in the jungle do as wild does. As we cruise the entire day through creeks and canals. On our first day on this Sundarban Photography Tour, we dedicate ourselves to finding the Tiger pugmarks in the woods for clarity of their location. We also touch with other government guides who are also doing photo safari in other boats simultaneously. This will make this trip an easier one, tracking the tigers in this tiger safari India, at ease. This system is built so as to avoid a second-day hassle and starting the day with the estimated location, making it way more interesting and less time-consuming; our visitors can even have more time to spend on experiencing the beautiful sight of the big cats. The thrilling day will host several enthralling activities as we embark on numerous creeks, canals, and rivers. As the sun sets in the west, we will be out of the woods and anchor at human habitation in proximity.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Sundarbans National Park
Wakeup early by 5am. Have a breakfast at 5.30am. After sunrise will start our cruise ride. We walk in tandem with the jungle as we cruise through creeks and canals to encounter tiger movements. The narrow creeks and canals happen to be fancy chances wherein Royal Bengal Tigers are encountered the most. The constant calculation about wild movements paves the way for us steering towards watch towers at Dobanki and Sudhanyakhali. The forest guide will introduce and inform us about rich species of mammals and birds apart from Royal cats. The incessant update and quick calculations about the forest strengthen our chances in the woods. Our itinerary for the following day remains the same as the previous day.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Sundarbans National Park
We will be accompanied by the local Guide and Crew member who will know by this time the location to get that perfect site of the tiger in this Tiger Safari India Tour. Our wildlife photographer visitors will be able to catch the glimpse of these animals including the Royal Bengal Tiger, the deer, and many other animals without missing a beat. It is definitely a precious site for many. We have left our visitors free during the evening for a followed day’s plan of action.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Sundarbans National Park
The forest permits are issued for a maximum of 3 days, therefore on the fourth day of our enthralling journey, we will start the journey at the earliest.
We leave the forest to renew our permits for the last 2 days from the Sajnekhali forest office.
If you were not lucky enough to experience it on Day 3, you are still not missing anything, we have planned our trip’s inconvenience to the forest norms keeping it flexible for our visitors to grab hold of the best possible clicks.
This Wildlife Photography Tour specially designed for not just experiencing the Royal Bengal Tiger but also the other gifts of nature and wildlife photography tours includes Estuarine Crocodiles and Indian Python – the rarest and the most one of the most venomous species existing on the planet.
Our local guide will be appointed especially in working towards the need of the visitor’s idea of a pleasing photograph – You can also spot the magnificent site of many birds like mangrove Pitta, mangrove Whistler, Peregrine falcon, Grey haded lapwing, changeable hawk-eagle, crested serpent eagle, Brahminy kites, white billed Sea Eagle, Sikra, Buffy fish owl.
This is also the time when you can experience the kingfisher like Brown winged kingfisher, Rudy kingfisher, Black-capped kingfisher, and many more. “Kingfisher with Fish in Beak” can be one of the most exciting sites during this trip.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Sundarbans - Kolkata
Day 5 always is a day of mixed feelings between something that going to end and starting to cherish the moment one has spent here looking out for those breathtaking captures through our lenses.
From the woods to the uncertain glance of the natural mother, we will wait to see more through the sunrise to the sunset. Everything small little things that were left behind in the search for the main adventure is what will be our focus for the last day. Few captivating sceneries and animals around the wide shot of the scenery will secure our day in the woods.
Something to look forward to – While the last day marks the end, we have in store the beautiful cruise trip way back to Ghodkhali indulging in capturing and experiencing the dusk – the sun going down and building the picture-perfect landscapes to die for leaving your heart warm and heavy. The unabating ending of the Sundarban Wildlife Photography in India Tour. Let your inner curious child come into the picture with the exciting and fantasizing trip to the Wildlife Photography Tour with Sundarban Wildlife Photography Tour, capturing the memories of the best tiger reserve in India at the remarkable Sundarban Photo Tours.
Meals – Breakfast
What is included in the tour
- 5N accommodation in houseboat
- All Permission, Guide Charges, Entry
- Return ground transfers by AC Vehicle from Kolkata
- Meals as per mentioned in the itinerary.
- Boat Transfers
- Boat safaris, permits, guide fees, boat charges
- Professional Wildlife naturalist host of the trip
- Mineral Water
- GST 5%
- Convenience fee
- Return 3 tier AC train ticket from Mumbai (Ex Mumbai option)**
What is NOT included in the tour
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Tips to crew/guide
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Airfares/Rail fares (Ex Kolkata option)**
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for safaris (10Ltrs)
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for safaris
- Telephoto lenses preferably above 400mm
- Wide – angle lenses for landscapes and habitat shots
- Extra Camera batteries and memory cards
- Mosquito repellents
- Sunscreen lotions
- Forest – friendly clothing
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 30 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 21 to 30 days prior to the event date.
- 20% refund if notified via phone conversation 14 to 21 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 14 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Event get cancelled, we will refund "Event Amount" only.
What is so Exceptional about our Wildlife Expeditions Safari Boat?
Our sole love of this Sundarban Wildlife Photography in India Tour for the Wildlife Expeditions is our very own creation – our cruise – “LA FIESTA,” a camouflaged, totally unnoticeable object build to hide in the woods. This helps us to move even closer to our creatures without getting noticed. Our skilful and competent workers have put a lot of effort to build this specialized boat, keeping in mind the nature of the forest.
Features to look for when on the cruise for the Wildlife Expeditions –
- 6 Cylinder Boat – Our cruise is a 6 cylinder boat with less vibration- making it a perfect match for a wildlife photographer to take that clear Our visitors can take their best shot without any engine noise and no shaking whatsoever
- No seepage issues because of the brilliant work is done towards the construction of the
- Our “LA FIESTA” comes with an added advantage called the smooth reversible gear, helping the cruise to move in all directions within spilled This always helped our photographer visitors take that quick shot whenever required.
- The inbuilt Genset and Back-up battery helps our wildlife photographers take those uninterrupted photographs for days without running out of those batteries and posting the photos on time while keeping their laptops and phones charged all the
- Our Cruise is divided into two decks – Upper and Lower – Lower Deck is solely prepared to keep in mind the need to rest after a hectic shoot
- Though in a system of the dormitory, we have 4 Cabin, separating it help of curtains on each side and window on the other side, ensuring privacy while you are charging up for the next morning of the best safari in India.
- Our Upper Deck also has a tent for up to 4 visitor simultaneously
- Wildlife safaris/Bird watching is a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Birdwatching is a hobby and not a race, hence request all birders to maintain discipline at all times.
- Bird watching is an art of silence and key observation.
- Avoid Pointing out directly to a bird that might flush the bird away.
- Do not get too close to a bird for a photograph that you flush it away.
- Birdwatching should be enjoyed by binoculars and the fun is to spot them, identify them and if you still have some time with the bird photograph them.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our walks are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
- If you are looking for a Sundarban wildlife tour then this is a complete 6 days Wildlife Photo Safaris tour with no halts cruising through the major creeks of the national park of Sundarban attempting to cover the major and the minor sighting
- This wildlife photography tour is designed by the joint effort of a team for the best wildlife holidays, comprising of expert photographers, naturalists, and a local
- We will be accompanied by the crew a member who was either a fisherman or a honey collector before, their experience enriches in this Tiger Safari India Tour.