- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make a booking.
About Stargazing Saphale
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae’s, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way Galaxy etc. No prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them. Night Sky will be provided during the Event.
Skygazing Mumbai Saphale Event Details
- Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
- Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village
- Region & District: Saphale
- Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx.
- Distance from NH4 (Varai Naka): 12 KM approx.
- Distance from Ghodbunder: 45 Km approx.
Skygazing Saphale Mumbai Itinerary
Stations after Virar: Vaitarna, Saphale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon, Dahanu Road
- Churchgate to Dahanu train: 5.24 am, 10.06 am, 3.22 pm
- Dadar to Dahanu train: 5.15 am, 4.55 pm, 6:00 pm
- Borivali to Dahanu train: 7.57 am, 10.31 am
- Virar to Dahanu Local train: 4.25 am, 5 am, 12.15 pm, 3.05 pm
- Dahanu to Churchgate train: 7.15 am, 12.42 pm, 5.35 pm, 6.55 pm
- Dahanu to Dadar train: 2.15 pm, 3.25 pm, 7.45 pm
- Dahanu to Borivali train: 5.50 am, 8.30 am
- Dahanu to Virar Local train: 10.05 am, 1.25 pm, 8.45 pm
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 5:30 pm.
06:00 pm - Event Registration, Photo Session & Snacks.
06:30 pm - Sunset
07:00 pm - Session 1 – Introduction Session - Familiarize with Location and Equipment. Observe Evening Sky, Satellite Tracking, & Iridium Flares Observation (if Any)
07:30 pm - Session 2 – Astronomy Video Presentation (45 Minutes) followed by Night Sky Orientation - Finding the North Star - Cassiopeia & Ursa Major
09:30 pm - Dinner Time
10:30 pm - Session 3 – Night Sky Observation Constellations, Star Clusters, Andromeda Galaxy, Orion Nebula and Double Stars
11:30 pm - General Observation and Basic Astrophotography (Star Trails & Constellations)
01:00 am - Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/Tablet/Mobile Batteries
04:00 am - Wake-up with Tea
04:30 am - Session 4 – Early Morning Sky
05:30 am - Session 5 – ISS, Satellite, & Iridium Flares
06:30 am - Sunrise
07:00 am - Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
08:00 am - Event Closure
- In case of the Cloudy Sky, Event will not be cancelled and will continue with Campfire Activities.
- Observation depends on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
- No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows due to BAD Cloudy /Rainy Climate.
What is included in the tour
- Night Sky Gazing Event and On-Site Charge
- Evening Snacks, Veg Dinner, Morning Breakfast
- Drinking Water available.
- Stay in Tent with soft bedding and pullover
- Soft Music
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation till campsite
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Participant are required to carry ID proof (e.g. PAN card, Driving License) for On Site Camp Registration.
- Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body and feet warm) like scarf, sweaters, hood jackets, skull caps, shawls / sheets, Closed Shoes (mandatory). (Temp in Night will dip considerably 16-18 degree C).
- We will be providing a tent with soft bedding and pullover, those who are not used to cold climate It is advisable to carry your own extra blanket and personal pillow.
- We recommend that participants stock themselves with Light snacks (Biscuits, Chips & Chocolate and Personal Water bottle ½ Litre (Mandatory) - (Need to drink water regularly to avoid dehydration).
- Carry a Small Torch (covered with Red Cellophane paper) with Extra pair of Batteries.
- It is advisable to carry your personal medication (if any) and mosquito repellent cream.
- All baggage’s to be wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (Dew).
- For Astrophotography participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
- Organizer are not responsible for any baggage and/or personal belonging loss/damage and participants are solely responsible for the same. Please avoid wearing gold and other ornaments.
- It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
Rules and Regulations
While at the camp-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rules:
- Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
- Although the camp-site is secure with partial fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
- Use Site, Equipment’s and Tents with precaution’s – Any Damages to Tents will recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person)
- Use of white small torch should be minimal, it should be covered with Red Cellophane paper for using in Night.
- Please do respect the belongings of others at the campsite and avoid damaging any articles, tents, etc. Any Damage to Tent will be recovered from the participant.
- Use of mobile phone and camera with flash is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
- Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. HUMAN EYE requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera and accessories) etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The
- Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.