About Stargazing Saphale
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae’s, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and off course our Milky Way Galaxy etc. No prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them. Night Sky will be provided during the Event.
- Observation depends on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
- No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows due to BAD Cloudy /Rainy Climate.
- Tent for 2 People (Extra 500/-) or 3 People (750/-)
- Advance Booking Payment Required for Seat & TENT Reservation.
Skygazing Mumbai Saphale Event Details
Location: Saphale, Tandulwadi Village
Name of Location: Sai Baba temple
Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village
Region & District: Saphale
Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx.
Cost: Rs 1500(Adults) & Rs 1200(Kids)
Extra Cost for Tent: For 2 people Extra Rs 500 & for 3 people Rs 750
Skygazing Saphale Mumbai Itinerary
Stations after Virar: Vaitarna, Saphale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon, Dahanu Road
Churchgate to Dahanu train: 5.24am, 10.06am, 3.22pm
Dadar to Dahanu train: 5.15am, 4.55pm, 6:00 pm
Borivali to Dahanu train: 7.57am, 10.31am
Virar to Dahanu Local train: 4.25am, 5am, 12.15pm, 3.05 pm
Dahanu to Churchgate train: 7.15am, 12.42pm, 5.35pm, 6.55 pm
Dahanu to Dadar train: 2.15pm, 3.25pm, 7.45pm
Dahanu to Borivali train: 5.50am, 8.30am
Dahanu to Virar Local train: 10.05am, 1.25pm, 8.45pm
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 5:30 pm.
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Event Registration, Introduction, Selfie Photos, Group Photo Session
7:00 – 7:30 pm – Session 1 – West Sky Objects, Satellite Hunting
7:30 – 8:30 pm – Astronomy Awareness Video Program
8:30 – 9:00 pm – Session 2 – Night Sky Orientation – Locating North Star, Directions and Constellations
9:00 – 10:30 pm – Dinner Time (On-Site Delicious Dinner)
10:30 – 11:30 pm – Session 3 – Orion Nebula, Open Clusters and Galaxies and Jupiter
11:30 – 00:30 – Astrophotography (No Lights)
12:30 – 03:30 am – Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/ Tablet/ Mobile Batteries
3:30 – 4:30 am – Session 4 – Milky way Galaxy & Saturn
4:30 am – Tea Break
5:00 – 6:30 am – Session 5 – Crescent Moon & Venus, ISS, Satellite, Iridium Flares Tracking
6:30 – Sun Rise
7:00 – 7:30 am – Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
8:00 am – Event Closure.
- Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with us from informal discussion / talk/contact sharing
- Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations.
- We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions.
- WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
What is included in the tour
- Night Sky Gazing Event and On-Site Charge
- Delicious Dinner ( Dhaba Type) & Breakfast
- Tea & Drinking Water available.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the included list.
- Tent for 2 People (Extra 500/-) Or 3 People (750/-)- Advance Booking/Intimation Required for TENT Reservation
- Travel Cost to-fro from Saphale Station to Site (If required 150/- PP Extra).
- Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body and feet warm) like scarf, sweaters, hood jackets, skull caps, shawls / sheets, Closed Shoes, etc. (Temp in Night will dip considerably 12-16 degree C).
- It is advisable to carry your own mattress/ satranji/ tarpaulin Sheet – we will be providing a basic mattress to facilitate sitting.
- Carry a Small torch with red Cellophane paper,, personal medication and mosquito cream.
- For Astrophotography participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
- We recommend that participants stock themselves with light snacks and personnel water bottle (Need to drink water regularly).
- Dinner cost is covered in the registration fees and there is a local ‘hotel’ near the camp-site that will cater dinner needs. Food is of Dhaba type but tasty and enjoyable.
- It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.