Serolsar Lake Trek
It is a high altitude lake which is located in the district Kullu. It is about (10,171 feet) above the sea level. This lake is surrounded by thick forest cover. The rugged landforms and the cool climate are apt for trekking for any amateur trekkers &nature lovers. Serolsar Lake mesmerizes the trekkers with its crystal clear shimmering waters reflecting the blue of the sky and the green of the oak tree.
Serolsar Lake Trek
- Grade: Moderate (Suitable for Age Group 12 Years to Physically Fit)
- 4 Days and 3 Nights
Serolsar Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Aut to Sajwar basecamp. (Approx. 9500 feet)
Transfer from Aut to Sajwar basecamp. Sajwar campsite located at approx. 9500 feet at Sajwar village, Tirthan Valley. You can view Jaloda Forest and Kansar Forest from campsite. Rest for a while. In the evening will do small trek at Jaloda forest to acclimatize. Stay at campsite.
Day 2 – Sajwar basecamp to Shoja (Approx 10,200 feet)
Wake up early in the morning. Freshen up and have breakfast. After breakfast proceed to Shoja. The trail goes through a dense forest in a high mountain. Due to natural environment of Himachal & due to the pure air and water there are no tiredness and you do not even know when it comes to destination. Stay at campsite.
Day 3 – Shoja to Serolsar Lake (Approx. 10,800)
Wake up early in the morning. Freshen up and have breakfast. After breakfast proceed to Serolsar through Jalori Pass. Jalori pass is in a high mountain at an elevation of 10,800 feet above sea level. On the way we experience an almost 360-degree view of the Himalays, Dhauladhar and Kinnaur ranges. Near Jalori Pass we will visit Kali Mata temple. Serolsar lake is surrounded by hills and high pine trees. Lake is as big as football ground. Here we can see temple of Goddess 'BUDHI NAGIN' Mata. Budhi Nagin is the mother of 60 Nag Devatas in Himachal Pradesh. Stay at campsite.
Day 4 – Serolsar Lake to Sajwar basecamp
Wake up early in the morning. Freshen up and have breakfast. After breakfast proceed to Sajwar basecamp. As the camp distance is not high, you can reach the campsite soon. At some distance we can see large caves formed naturally in large stones. The caves are so attractive that you can’t live without spending few minutes there. Local people call DWAR to the Caves. Reach at campsite and freshen up. After freshen up have a lunch. Then participants pack their luggage or leaser time. After evening snacks & Hi tea, participants depart from basecamp and transfer till Aut.
- Normally participant expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs. 600/- extra per day per bag. Transport from source to Destination.
- Cost exclude due to extension/ change of the itinerary because of natural Calamities, road blocks, vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond the control of “Treks and Trails”.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Aut to Campsite and return to Aut
- Accommodation on sharing basis at campsite
- All veg meals during trek
- All permits
- Standard First Aid Kit
- Qualified and Experienced Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff during trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, Laundry etc.)
- Tips to Camp staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Durable good-quality trekking shoes
- Thick woolen socks
- Thermal innerwear
- Heavy fleece clothes
- Covers to store used/wet clothing
- Winter jacket and water proof coat
- Trekking pants
- Woolen cap, gloves, etc.
- Sun screen lotion and other toiletries
- Water bottle
- Trekking pole
- Personal medication
- Identity card