Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water-carved valley is 200 feet deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft. and at some places, sun rays are unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Event Details Sandhan Valley Rappelling
- Region: Ghatghar
- Duration: 1 day
- Difficulty level: Moderate- Difficult
- Endurance: Medium
- Cost: Rs. 1599/- per person
Sandhan Valley Rappelling Event Itinerary
Catch CST-Kasara slow local
- 09:32 pm - CSMT
- 09:40 pm - Byculla
- 09:50 pm - Dadar
- 10:00 pm - Kurla
- 10:06 pm - Ghatkopar
- 10:27 pm - Thane
- 10:51 pm - Dombivali
- 11:03 pm - Kalyan
- 12:13 am - Kasara
12:30 am - Assemble near Kasara railway station ticket counter.
12:45 am - Start journey towards base village.
05.00 am - Reach Samrad village.
06:00 am - Freshness up and early breakfast and tea.
07:00 am - Head for the valley and enjoy the sandhan valley view from start point of the valley.
08:00 am - Rappelling activities will start.
01:00 pm - Local veg lunch.
02:00 pm - Start return journey towards Kasara.
05:30 pm - Reach at Kasara station and disperse.
- Please wear good shoes for rappelling event.
- We are not descending Sandhan valley. It's not Sandhan valley full trek.
What is included in the tour
- Kasara to Kasara travel by local jeep
- 1 veg reakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Activity - Rappelling (one time)
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Sturdy Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Proper full sleeves and full pant attire for rappelling event
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. Will we be descending complete Sandhan Valley Trek?
We won't be descending complete Sandhan Valley.
2. How many times can we do rappelling?
Person can do it only once.
3. I want to drive till rappelling spot can you provide google maps location?
There is no network in the area and has heavy fog and rains it is better to join us on the bus. In case you are driving, you will have to manage by yourself our numbers will not be reachable. We will provide google maps location after the booking process is completed.
4. Is there a weight limit for rappelling activity?
Yes there is a weight limit for rappellingctivity please email us to learn more email@example.com
5. How far is Sandhan valley from Mumbai?
Samrad village is 200 km away from Mumbai. Samrad will be our base village for this event.
6. Do you have toilets available and changing rooms?
The base village has toilets and changing rooms available. Toilets are eastern commode style this is forest area simple facilities and clean facilities are available.