Ratangad Trek - Sonaki Special
Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed a jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time. At the base of this fort is ancient Lord Shiva (Amruteshwar) temple. About 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
For Pune Ratangad Trek Participants - Click here
Ratangad Trek Event Details
- Ratangad trek difficulty level Medium
- Ratangad trek endurance level Medium
- Ratangad height 4255 feet
- Ratangad trek base village Ratanwadi / Samrad
- Cost: Rs 1399/- per person
Ratangad Sonaki Special Trek Event Itinerary
- 9:30 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 9:45 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 10:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 11:10 pm - Amar Mahal, Ghatkopar.
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
- 12:45 am - Pick up at Kalyan Bypass.
05:00 am Reach base village and freshen up.
05:30 am Breakfast at the base village.
06:00 am Start ascending.
09:00 am Reach at the top and explore.
10:00 am Start descending.
01:00 pm Reach at base village.
01:30 pm Have lunch.
02:30 pm Start the return journey.
11:00 pm Approx. arrival at Mumbai. (Depend upon traffic)
For Pune Ratangad Trek Participants - Click here
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by private non-Ac bus
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
For Pune to the Ratangad Trek Participant click here
1. Can we drive to Ratanwadi, the trailhead for Ratangad Fort Trek?
Yes, you can drive to the base village. Please note the road is not there in most sections. So your car needs good ground clearance, so plan accordingly.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ratanwadi, the base village for Ratangad Fort Trek?
Eight hours drive from Mumbai, the distance is 185 km approx. The last thirty kilometers of the road are in the worst condition possible. Make sure you have spare tires, the car is an SUV, and you preferably drive during the day.
3. Distance from Pune to Ratanwadi?
Seven hours drive from Pune for the 190 km approx. Roads are in terrible condition, and please expect delays and cooperate.
4. Number of days required for the Ratangad Fort Trek?
We will need one day and one night to complete the Ratangad Fort Trek. This includes bus travel and Ratangad Trek time which is eight hours.
5. Is there food available at the Ratangad trek location?
We will serve breakfast and lunch at the base village. Food is available at the base village at the local villager's house. During your Ratangad Killa, food or snacks won't be available. Please carry some snacks and atleast three liters of water for this trek.
6. How much time is required to climb Ratangad Bhandardara?
It will take three hours from the base village to Ratangad Ahmednagar. It takes almost the same time to climb from Ratanwadi or Samrad village.
7. Where can we park our cars at Ratangad Akole?
You can park at the designated parking spots; local villagers might charge entry and parking fees. Please note village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge in the Ratangad area?
There are many charges involved. First, you must pay entry fees at the forest check post. Locals might ask for village entry and parking fees at Ratanwadi or Samrad village. Please note parking is at your own risk.
9. Are toilets available at Ratangad fort?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available. Toilet will be available at the homestay before and after the hike. Please note the toilets will be Indian style.
10. Do Single travelers and solo female trekkers sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios at our events. Many Single trekkers and solo female trekkers join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Yes, we allow Kids on our treks. Kids below the age of 15 years with Parents' supervision only. Kindly bring your favorite food snacks for your kids and three-liter water.
12. What food will be provided at the Ratangad Fort Trek event?
Hi, We serve tea and Poha for breakfast. Only Veg local home-cooked lunch food is available. During our return journey, we will stop for Dinner at the restaurant. The Dinner is not included in the cost.
13. Phone Connectivity during the Ratangad Flower Trek?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. Once we cross MTDC Bhandardara, your mobile will lose signal. Once you gain height, you will receive phone connectivity during the trek. For any emergency, you can ask our trek leader. They will help you make calls using villagers' BSNL numbers.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Sorry, we don't accept cash payments. We use multiple payment gateways. You can use them to pay via Registration against 100% upfront payment only via UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Credit cards / Amex.
On-the-spot payment is not accepted. We need to book an advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements. Upfront payment is a must. Please note we have a strict cancellation policy.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Villagers will provide normal well water. There are few shops inside the village that sell bottled water. We encourage you to bring refillable water bottles and use them. This is better for our environment and the best leave no-trace policy.
16. Can I charge my phone at the base village?
There is limited supply or no electricity. Plus, there are few sockets available for charging. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now at the Ratangad Fort Trek?
Summer Temperature at Night 20 - Day 39°C approx. It gets scorching during the day in summer.
In Winter, the day temperature range from 30 degrees and night upto 14 degrees, and very windy. It will feel like under 10 degrees due to strong winds.
The monsoon rains heavily; please double-pack your expensive phones and gadgets. There is thick fog which limits visibility during the monsoon season.
Ratangad Fort weather is best suited for trekking during the rainy and post-winter seasons. It is popular during the summer season to watch fireflies around May and June's first few weeks.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol at the base village or during the trek?
Sorry, smoking, drinking, chewing tobacco, or consuming drugs are not allowed during the trek or at the base village. We will directly hand you over to the police chowki at Bhandardara.
If you are caught doing any of the above by villagers, the forest department, and trekkers mostly like they will give you a group beating, followed by social media trolling, followed by police complaints. So please avoid smoking, drinking, drugs, chewing tobacco, or littering.
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker? Can we wear earphones or headphones while trekking?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, and Bluetooth speaker are not allowed inside the homestay.
Trek leaders need to communicate with you. Always wearing earphones and listening to music will hamper communication and instruction sharing.
20. How do I make payments and register for the Ratangad Fort Trek?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the book now button. You need to fill out the form with your booking details. You are followed by payment. You will receive an email confirmation once we receive your payment with the booking id.
If your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com. Please note we are available Monday to Saturday between 11 am to 6 pm.