Ratangad Trek - Sonaki Special
Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed a jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time. At the base of this fort is ancient Lord Shiva (Amruteshwar) temple. About 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
Ratangad Trek Event Details
Ratangad trek difficulty level Medium
Ratangad trek endurance level Medium
Ratangad height 4255 feet
Ratangad trek base village Ratanwadi
- Cost: Rs 1300/- per person
Ratangad Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 - Saturday
23:00 Meeting point at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East).
23:15 Departure for Ratangad trek.
23:50 Pickup point at Nitin Company Junction, Thane.
Day 1 - Sunday
05:00 Reach base village.
06:00 Breakfast at the base village.
07:00 Start ascending.
10:00 Reach on top and explore.
11:30 Start descending.
14:30 Reach base village and Lunch.
15:30 Start return journey.
22:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
1. Can we drive till Ratanwadi?
2. Distance from Mumbai Ratanwadi?
Four hours drive from Mumbai 185 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Ratanwadi?
Six hours drive from Pune - 190 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
One day and one night.
5. Is there food available on Ratangad fort?
No. Food is available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Ratangad fort?
3 hours from the base village.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Ratangad fort?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travelers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature at Night 20 - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org