Raireshwar Kenjalgad Trek Pune
Trekking in the mountains to enjoy waterfalls, fog, birds, wildflowers gorgeous grasses makes you excited. Then join us for Raireshwar Fort and Kenjalgad Fort Trek. These two forts are popular among hikers from Pune and Satara region. Raireshwar and Kenjalgad are hidden amazing treks in Maharashtra. Raireshwar Kenjalgad Trek offers impressive landscapes of backwaters and Kamalgad fort. Raireshwar is famous for the suspension bridge near the village.
Raireshwar Kenjalgad Trek Pune Details
- 05:45 am - Meet team Treks and Trails at the Departure point in Pune
- 07:30 am - Breakfast along the way
- 09:30 am - Reach base village and Freshen up
- 10:00 am - Trek instruction and Group introduction
- 10:15 am - Trek Begins for Raireshwar
- 01:15 pm - Reach Raireshwar Fort and enjoy the scenic views along the way and waterfalls.
- 01:30 pm - Lunch at local home simple lunch
- 02:00 pm - Kenjalgad Fort trek begins
- 04:00 pm - Reach Kenjalgad Fort and explore
- 04:45 pm - Descend for base village
- 06:00 pm - Reach base village
- 07:00 pm - Journey for Pune begins
- 10:00 pm - Reach Pune
What is included in the tour
- Private transport by Non Ac Bus to and fro
- Trek Leader expertise
- One veg lunch
- Breakfast and Morning tea
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in cost includes
- Medical expenses like first aid, rescue charges, hospitalisation charges
About Raireshwar Fort
Raireshwar fort has an illustrious history. The Raireshwar fort named after the famous Raireshwar Mandir dedicated to Lord Shiva. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj took the Oath of Swaraj at the age of 16 in Raireshwar temple by dripping the blood of his little finger over the Shivling. The Oath by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was an oath of freedom and established Hindavi Swaraj, which was an oath to refuse to live as slaves anymore. Raireshwar fort has played an essential role in the history of Maharashtra, India. Raireshwar Temple is ancient, and of stone construction, Redeveloped in the 18th century.
There is a big painting of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and his companions inside the Mandir. Thus, Raireshwar regarded as an essential place in Maratha's history. Raireshwar Fort is an easy grade trek. There are ladders at the end to access the fort easily. Raireshwar Mandir, Gomukh lake, Aswal lake, also known as Nakhinda and Pandav Leni, are some attractive spots of the fort. The best time to visit Raireshwar fort is in monsoon season and even during the Diwali festival. Raireshwar fort height is 4505 feet above sea level.
About the Kenjalgad Fort
Kenjalgad fort is also known as Ghera Khelanja fort. Kenjalgad fort trek has mainly two trails to reach the till the fort. One is from the Raireshwar route, and the other one which is the shortest route is from the base village itself. The trail is about an hour-long to reach the fort. The trail goes across the forest area to rock-cut steps at the end. The fort is visible from a long distance because of its unique Rhomboid shape. Kenjalgad history Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj winning the fort in 1674 and later British rule on the fort in 1818. Numerous water tanks are available on the fort, with this some idols of Kenjai Devi seen on the fort. A small magazine room is a spot of attraction on the fort.