Purushwadi Fireflies Festival Information
Pre-monsoon Fireflies Festival begins around Maharashtra; Summer weather begins its transition towards monsoon. There is excitement in the air farmers are busy preparing their fields for the upcoming farming seasons. Birds are active building nest for their mating seasons. During this season Fireflies take center stage around Maharashtra.
We head towards Purushwadi Fireflies Festival to celebrate and witness these beautiful glowing fireflies at Night. During May and June months firefly emerge in thousands around the countryside in Maharashtra. Firefly emits unusual light patterns at night to attract opposite sex firefly for mating.
Fireflies belong to the beetle family they produce light using a technique called bioluminescence. Both males and females communicate using different patterns of the strobe light. This flashing pattern designs a fantastic spectacle for sightseers at night. Fireflies don't live long once monsoon starts, and they have completed the cycle of mating, laying eggs they die.
About Purushwadi Village
Purushwadi is located near Pachnai village popular starting point of Harishchandragad Trek. Roads leading to Purushwadi Firefly Festival village are in bad condition from Rajur in Akole Taluka, Ahmednagar District.
Purushwadi is well connected by Rajur village local bus is available, one can also start journey from Kasara Railway station by hiring a private jeep. We have arranged a private bus from Mumbai for the festival. Few NGO is developing agro-tourism in the region around Purushwadi village and encouraging development in the region. Fireflies Festival Purushwadi takes place for a few months and helps generate income for locals.
Batches for Purushwadi Fireflies Festival 2019
|Purushwadi Fireflies Festival Dates - June|
1st 2nd June 2019
8th 9th June 2019
22nd 23rd June 2019
Purushwadi Fireflies Festival Brief Details
- Location - Purushwadi Village
- Event Duration - 1 day / 1 night
- India toilets available
- Travel by AC bus
- Cost: Rs. 3200 per person
Event Itinerary Purushwadi Fireflies Festival 2019
Day One – Saturday
10:15 am - We Meet at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East) and Leave for Firefly Festival Mumbai.
10:30 am - Leave for Purushwadi - Introduction round in the bus
12:30 pm - Lunch on the way at Igatpuri not included in the package
05:00 pm - Reach Purushwadi Village
05:15 pm - Evening tea and snacks ( Local tea and Snacks )
07:30 pm - After sunset, we’ll take a walk around the Purushwadi village area to enjoy fireflies.
10:00 pm - Dinner
Day Two – Sunday
07:30 am - Wake up and freshen up.
08:00 am - Breakfast.
08:30 am - Start return journey to Mumbai - 200 km ride
02:00 pm - Approx arrival at Dadar East, Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 evening tea and snacks, 1 veg Dinner and 1 Breakfast
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private AC vehicle
- Tent stay / Homestay on sharing basis
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- Lunch on day 1 and day 2
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- 2/3 liters of water bottles (please carry reusable bottles)
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Comfortable footwear
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack to carry all the things
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Frequently Asked Question Purushwadi Fireflies Festival?
Mumbai to Purushwadi Village distance by road?
200 km distance by road google maps location will be provided to participant to reach Purushwadi Fireflies Village.
Pune to Purushwadi Fireflies distance by road?
170 km distance by road google maps location will be provided to participant to reach Purushwadi Fireflies Village.
Can we drive till Purushwadi Village for Fireflies Maharashtra Festival?
Yes, we will provide Google maps location and arrange the stay. Please note this region has zero mobile phone reception travelers are advised to leave early during the day and avoid the route at night.
Firefly Festival during which months in Maharashtra?
Firefly Festival is held before the monsoon starts around May 3rd week and up to June 3rd week once monsoon starts firefly die after the mating period is over.
Firefly in Hindi or Fireflies in Marathi?
Juganoo in Hindi, Kajawa in Marathi.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.