Prabalmachi Fireflies Festival Camping 2023
Behold the glimmering thrill of millions of fireflies through your naked eyes, and capture this gripping phenomenon with your lens. This trek will not only give you the ecstasy of hiking up a mountain, but it will also let you take capture images allowing you to re-live the magical experience all over again. The overnight trek takes place at Prabalmachi, a vast meadow, perched on Kalavantin Durg where you will be able to watch and capture gazillion fireflies.
It offers a breathtaking picturesque backdrop of both Prabalgad and Kalavantin Durg, with a scenic valley view of the outskirts of Panvel. Chasing fireflies, with hills giving a fantastic context, is something that you can cherish forever. Prabalmachi is hallowed with cliffs, rock-strewn terrain, and meadows. Camping at Prabalmachi is an exciting and fun-filled experience overflowing with unique stories, unexploited nature, under a blanket of the star-studded sky, and in the midst of a forest full of fireflies.
Prabalmachi Camping is high on the list for trekkers places to visit near Mumbai, A relaxing weekend getaway from Mumbai. It is regularly featured by all magazines and websites as an excellent travel destination place near Mumbai. Prabalmachi Camping has grown into a popular tourist place near Mumbai in the summer. Join us Treks and Trails India a leading trekking group in Mumbai.
Kalavantin Durg was used as a watchtower and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock-cut steps that zig-zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
Fireflies Night Trek to Prabalmachi Event Details
- Prabalmachi night trek difficulty level: Medium
- Region Panvel near Shedung Phata
- Total time required for climbing: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Thakurwadi
- Duration: 1 day and 1 night
Prabalmachi Fireflies Cost:
- Cost: Rs. 1399/- per person with transport
- Cost Rs 999/- per person without transport
Fireflies Night Trek Event Itinerary
From CSMT to Panvel
- 14:34 CST
- 14:52 Vadala Road
- 15:03 Kurla
- 15:23 Vashi
- 15:32 Nerul
- 15:54 Panvel
From Thane to Panvel
- 14:54 Thane
- 15:11 Koparkhairne
- 15:23 Nerul
- 15:46 Panvel
Day One -Saturday
16:00 Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter.
16:15 Move towards base village Thakurwadi by private vehicle.
17:00 Reach Thakurwadi and ascend to Prabalmachi village.
Enjoy fireflies on the way.
20:00 Reach Prabalgadmachi village.
21:00 Dinner (Veg or Non-Veg).
Day Two - Sunday
05:30 Wake up and freshen up.
06:00 Start ascending Kalavantin Durg.
07:00 Reach on top and explore.
08:00 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
09:30 Reach Prabalmachi and have breakfast.
10:30 Descend to Thakurwadi.
12:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move toward Panvel by Bus or private vehicle.
13:00 Reach Panvel railway station and disperse.
- Kalavantin Trek is optional, if you don't want to do it, you relax at the campsite.
- For Kalavantin Trek proper trek shoes and a torch are compulsory. Otherwise will not allow doing the trek.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Fireflies Night Trek to Prabalmachi, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by local vehicle (with transport option)
- 1 Veg or Non-Veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent stay on sharing basis
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation (without transport option)
- Travel cost till Panvel and back (with transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost included above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Mask and Sanitizer
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, or natural habitats on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back at their own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent or break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd