Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher Photography Special
This Wildlife Photography Trip will focus on searching and photographing the most beautiful kingfisher of India the Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher. This campsite at Chiplun (Konkan, Western Ghats) also shelters numerous exotic species of Birds like (Blue eared Kingfisher, Hornbills, Black birds, India Pitta, Crested Hawk Eagle, Spider hunters and Sunbirds), Reptiles like (Crocodiles, snakes, Lizards, Chameleon, geckos), Amphibians like (caecilians, frogs & toads) and insects like (Butterflies, moths, beetles, bugs and lots more) which can satisfy our photographic desires to its fullest !!
ODKF Bird watching plan details
- Event Type: Bird photography / wildlife
- No of days: Three days and two night
- Walk Grade: Easy walk around the forest
- Region: Shiravali, Chiplun
Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher Bird Watching Expedition Cost
- Participant with Transport (Ex Mumbai): Rs. 7000/- per person
- Participant without Transport (Ex Chiplun): Rs. 5700/- per person
Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher Photography Trail Itinerary
Day One - Mumbai to Shiravali, Chiplun
Start journey from Mumbai in midnight around 1am. Breakfast on the way by own cost. Will reach Chiplun by 1pm. Check in to the homestay. Have Lunch. After Lunch will start photography session, target species oriental dwarf kingfisher and other birds of campsite. In the evening have tea and refreshments. After that enjoy surroundings. Dinner and stay at homestay / campsite.
Meals - Lunch, Dinner.
Day Two - Explore Shiravali Forest
Wake up in the early morning and have breakfast. After breakfast head out for Shiravali photography session. For Lunch head back to the campsite. Post lunch will head out for Chiplun city exploration and coastal trip. Arrive campsite by Dinner and enjoy Malvani dinner. Post dinner photography session – Target species micro-fauna like snakes and amphibians (Optional session). Stay at homestay / campsite.
Meals - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day Three - Shiravali to Mumbai
Wake up early and head out for early morning bird photography session near campsite. Back to the campsite for breakfast. After breakfast head out for another photography session - target species ODKF. Return to the campsite for lunch. After lunch check out from the campsite and move towards Mumbai. Approx. arrival at Mumbai around 10pm.
Meals - Breakfast, Lunch.
- Kindly note above itinerary is tentative. The trip might end late also depending on the traffic, weather conditions, group speed, and many other unforeseeable factors.
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
What is included in the tour
- 2 nights accommodation on triple sharing basis
- Transfers by AC Vehicle. (Mumbai – Shiravali – Mumbai) (With transport option)
- Day 1 breakfast to Day 3 Lunch
- Forest trails and photography session.
- Expertise and service charges
- Professional Wildlife Naturalist host of the experience
- GST 5%
- Convenience fee
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport from origin to Camp (without transport option)
- Additional / personal use of vehicle.
- Extended stay due to weather conditions or any situation not in human control.
- Any personal expenses, room service and special orders, mineral waters, non-alcoholic beverages, tips, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Any extra excursions or sightseeing apart from the above specified itinerary.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Camera fees.
- Rail fare / Airfare
- Anything Specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for trails (10Ltrs) and Proper backpack for your clothes, etc.
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Raincoat/Wind-cheater/Rain jacket (NO UMBRELLA)
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for trails
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 30 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 30 to 21 days prior to the event date.
- 20 % refund if notified via phone conversation 21 to 7 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 7 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.