About Naneghat Night Trek
It's one of the ancient trade routes, existing right from the Satvahanas, which ghats and was in extensive use to transport goods arriving at the Junnar which was then a flourished market place.100's of years gone but still villagers at the ghat area use this pass to reach Konkan. It reflects how the emperors use to skillfully choose locations. Naneghat trek is simple and enjoyable. The way is clearly marked and passes through dense teakwood forests. Climbing from the forest you reach to the base of ‘Nanacha Agatha’, which is the pinnacle of Naneghat plateau. From this base, a 2-meter-wide pass connects to the actual plateau. This pass called as ‘Naneghatachi nail and has been carved and cut in stones by emperors of that time. This 60-meter-long pass takes you to the Naneghat plateau.
Naneghat Night Trek Event Details
- Naneghat night trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Naneghat: Vaishakhare
- Region: Malshej Ghat
- Total time required for climbing Naneghat: Maximum 2.5-3 hrs.
- Duration: 1 night and 1 day
- Naneghat height: 2800 ft. (approx.)
- Type: Ancient trade route
- Cost: Rs. 1200/- per person
Naneghat Night Trek Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
23:00 Meeting at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East).
23:15 Leave for Naneghat night trek.
00:15 Pick up at Tin hath Naka, Thane(West).
Day 2 – Sunday
02:30 Reach the base village and start ascending.
05:30 Reach in caves of Naneghat and explore.
08:00 Start descending.
11:00 Reach at base and start return journey to Mumbai.
Lunch on the way.
18:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar – Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery (compulsory)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. Can we drive till Vaishakhare?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Vaishakhare?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 108 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Vaishakhare?
Four and Half hours drive from Pune - 185 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
One day and one night.
5. Is there food available on Naneghat?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Naneghat?
2.5-3 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Naneghat?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 16 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.