About Lonar Crater
Lonar crater is around 52,000 years old yet the youngest and well preserved impact crater which has formed in basalt rock one of a kind on earth. Lonar Crater was formed when a meteor weighing one million ton crashed on earth at very high speed 90,000 km per hour creating Lonar crater.Lonar Crater lake is emerald green in colour. It has many beautiful temples which are in ruins now. There are many legends of Lonar which locals are always happy to share with travellers. Lonar Sarovar is also home to many birds over time
Lonar Crater diameter is 1.8 km and 150 meter at its deepest end. There are many fresh water springs which feed the lake, while the mineral deposit from meteor impact make the Lonar Lake very alkaline. Lonar Created is located on the outskirts of Lonar Town in Buldhana District. It is very good for bird watching you can spot Heron, Pea Fowl, Black drone, Green bee eater, Robin and migratory birds often visit the forest surrounding the Lonar Crater.
Lonar Crater Tour Details
Duration: 2 days and 1 night
Location: Lonar Town, Buldhana Maharashtra
Lonar Crater Trip Itinerary
Day zero – Friday Night
20:30 Meet at CSMT Railway Station
21:00 We will board Devagiri Express, Overnight journey by train.
Day One –Saturday
05:00 Reach Jalna Station and proceed towards Lonar town
07:00 Reach Lonar and check in to the hotel / Lonar Crater MTDC resort
09:00 Freshen up and Breakfast
13:30 After lunch explore nearby temples.
20:30 Dinner and stay at hotel / MTDC resort
Day Two Sunday
05:30 Wake up and freshen up
06:30 Start Lonar Crater parikrama and explore temples around lake.
13:00 Check out from hotel / MTDC resort
15:00 After check out visit Mehkar and Sindkhed Raja birthplace of Rajmata Jijabai
19:00 Reach Jalna Station
20:15 Catch Nandigram Express - Overnight journey by train.
Day Three – Monday
05:40 Reach CST
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai - Jalna – Mumbai by train (sleeper class)
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch and 1 Dinner
- Accommodation in hotel on triple sharing basis
- Sightseeing around by Non-AC local transport
- All Entry Fees and Guide charges
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during train journey.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- A proper haversack
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Extra pair of cloths, towel
- Winter cloths
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof