About Lohagad Fort
Lohagad Fort means Iron fort in Marathi, situated close to the hill station of Lonavala Khandala and 52 km northwest of Pune, Lohagad rises to an elevation of 1,033 meters or 3,389 feet above sea level. The Lohagad Killa is connected to the neighboring Visapur Fort which is at its eastern side by a small range. The range divides the basins of the Indrayani River and Pavana River rivers. Lohagad overlooks the Pavna reservoir, located to the south of the mountain. The hill extends to the northwest to a fortified spur, called Vinchu Kata Scorpion's tail because of its resembling shape. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact. The fort has been declared as a protected monument by the by Archaeology Survey of India. Best trekking route near Mumbai and Pune for beginners.
Things to see at Lohagad Fort
We can reach to the top of the fort by stairs. We will come across four doors while reaching the top. The first one is called 'Ganesh Darwaaja', the second one is called 'Narayan Darwaaja', the third one is called 'Hanuman Darwaaja' & the fourth one is called 'Maha Darwaaja'. Out of this Hanuman Darwaaja is the most ancient of all the doors. Between Narayan & Hanuman Darwaaja there are two godowns which were used for storage purpose as a granary. After entering the Maha Darwaaja we come across an old 'Dargah'. Besides the Dargah, there are remnants of the court. Towards right we come across 'Laxmi Kothi' which has many rooms. The treasury of Nana Phadnis was kept here. In front of this place are two cannons. To the western side of the fort is Vinchu Kata. It is 1500 meter long & 30 meters wide part of the mountain, separated from the main part. Viewing from the fort this area looks like scorpion’s sting and hence it is called Vinchu Kata. As named, this portion was to keep a watch on the surrounding region, and any activity of the enemy in its vicinity could be tackled.
Lohagad Fort Monsoon Trek Batches
Monsoon Trek to Lohagad Event details
- Monsoon Trek to Lohagad difficulty level: Easy
- Endurance Level: Medium
- Base village for Lohagad: Lohagad Wadi
- Lohagad Fort Height: 3400 ft.
- Location: Lonavala
- Total time required for climbing: 2 hours from Malavali and 40 minutes from Lohagad Wadi.
- Total distance for climbing: 5 km
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: Rs. 900/- per person
Monsoon Trek to Lohagad Event Itinerary
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:33 Kalyan
- 07:58 Lonavala
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 Lonavala
08:00 Meet at Lonavala station and move towards Lohagad fort by jeep.
08:45 Reach at base and breakfast.
09:30 Start ascending Lohagad Fort.
11:00 Reach at Lohagad top and explore.
13:00 Start descending.
14:30 Reach at Lohagad Wadi and lunch.
15:30 Move to Lonavala Station by jeep.
16:30 Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Lonavala station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Lohagad, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Lonavala to Lohagad base and back to Lonavala transport by local jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Malavli Village?
Yes you can drive using google maps - search for Bhaje Caves Parking area
2. Distance from Mumbai Malavalli?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 100 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Malavli?
Two hours drive from Pune - 65 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Lohagad fort?
No. Food is available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Lohagad fort?
2 hours from Malavali and 40 minutes from Lohagad Wadi.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Lohagad fort?
Base village toilets are available
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 16 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. Can we do camping at Lohagad Fort ?
Lohagad Fort gates are closed every evening and visitors are asked to vacate fort premises camping is not possible at Lohagad Fort.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in How to Register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
You can whatsapp us 8828004949 also