About Lohagad Fort Trek
Lohagad Fort means Iron fort in Marathi, situated close to the hill station of Lonavala Khandala and 52 km northwest of Pune, Lohagad rises to an elevation of 1,033 meters or 3,389 feet above sea level. The Lohagad Killa is connected to the neighboring Visapur Fort which is at its eastern side by a small range. The range divides the basins of the Indrayani River and Pavana River rivers.
Lohagad overlooks the Pavna reservoir, located to the south of the mountain. The hill extends to the northwest to a fortified spur, called Vinchu Kata Scorpion's tail because of its resembling shape. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact. The fort has been declared as a protected monument by the by Archaeology Survey of India. Best trekking route near Mumbai and Pune for beginners.
Things to see at Lohagad Fort Trek
We can reach to the top of the fort by stairs. We will come across four doors while reaching the top. The first one is called 'Ganesh Darwaaja', the second one is called 'Narayan Darwaaja', the third one is called 'Hanuman Darwaaja' & the fourth one is called 'Maha Darwaaja'. Out of this Hanuman Darwaaja is the most ancient of all the doors. Between Narayan & Hanuman Darwaaja there are two godowns which were used for storage purpose as a granary
After entering the Maha Darwaaja we come across an old 'Dargah'. Besides the Dargah, there are remnants of the court. Towards right we come across 'Laxmi Kothi' which has many rooms. The treasury of Nana Phadnis was kept here. In front of this place are two cannons. To the western side of the fort is Vinchu Kata. It is 1500-meter-long & 30 meters wide part of the mountain, separated from the main part. Viewing from the fort this area looks like scorpion’s sting and hence it is called Vinchu Kata. As named, this portion was to keep a watch on the surrounding region, and any activity of the enemy in its vicinity could be tackled.
Lohagad Monsoon Trek Event details
- Monsoon Trek to Lohagad trek difficulty level is easy.
- Lohagad Fort Height: 3400 feet.
- Base village for Lohagad is Lohagad Wadi.
- Location: Malavali, Lonavala
- Endurance Level is Medium
- Lohagad Fort Trek photos: available in the photo gallery.
- Trekker Fitness and Endurance: Medium and BMI under 30
- Time required for climbing: 2 hours from Malavali and 40 minutes from Lohagad Wadi.
- Lohgad fort trekking. The total distance for climbing is 5 kilometers.
- Lohagad Fort Trek's nearest railway station is Lonavala.
- Duration: 1 day
- Trek Type: Fort Trail
- Distance from Mumbai to Lohagad trek start point: 100 km approx
- Distance from Pune to Lohagad trek start point: 66 km approx
Cost for Lohagad Trek
- Option 1 - By Train (Lonavala to Lonavala): Rs. 999/- per person
- Option 2 - By Bus (Mumbai to Mumbai): Rs. 1449/- per person
Receive a trekking E-certificate on completion of Lohagad Fort Monsoon Trek
Lohagad Trek Upcoming Batches
September: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30
October: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
Trek to Lohagad Event Itinerary
Option 1 - By Train
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 am - CSMT
- 05:51 am - Dadar
- 06:14 am - Thane
- 06:33 am - Kalyan
- 07:58 am - Lonavala
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 am - Pune
- 06:34 am - Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 am - Lonavala
08:00 am - Meet at Lonavala station and move towards Lohagad fort by jeep.
08:45 am - Reach at base and breakfast.
09:30 am - Start ascending Lohagad Fort.
11:00 am - Reach at Lohagad top and explore.
12:30 pm - Start descending.
02:00 pm - Reach at Lohagad Wadi and lunch.
03:00 pm - Move to Lonavala Station by jeep.
04:00 pm - Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Lonavala station.
Option 2 - By Bus from Mumbai
- 05:00 am - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate. (https://goo.gl/maps/65qVB7H4swdFjjWs6)
- 05:10 am - Leave for the trek.
- 05:20 am – Pick up at Virwani Bus Stop, Goregaon. (https://goo.gl/maps/youofNYahBSwqsms8)
- 05:30 am - Pick up at Gundavali Bus Stop, Andheri East. (https://goo.gl/maps/gorbeX9fencdiqfh8)
- 05:40 am - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop, Bandra. (https://goo.gl/maps/CAsqYFeK8aTRBk9B7)
- 05:45 am - Pick up at Sion station circle. (https://goo.gl/maps/96zHLvMh8k2X2bWU9)
- 06:00 am - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur. (https://goo.gl/maps/y2rbSdA3VyMhoudC7)
- 06:25 am - Pick up at Vashi Plaza. (https://goo.gl/maps/uY6ZEs9hyiviHfKQ9)
- 06:55 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli. (https://goo.gl/maps/EJksuJiNC8uVFaoM7)
08:45 am - Reach at Lonavala and move towards base village by local jeep.
09:15 am - Reach at base village and have breakfast.
10:00 am - Start ascending.
11:00 am - Reach the top and explore.
01:00 pm - Start descending.
02:00 pm - Reach base village and have Lunch.
03:00 pm - Start return journey towards Lonavala by local jeep.
03:30 pm - Reach at Lonavala and proceed to Mumbai by private vehicle.
09:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
Best time to visit Lohagad Fort
The monsoon season (June to September) is the best time to visit Lohagad Fort. With cool rains, the surroundings become lush and green, providing relief from the heat. The fort's water cisterns and ponds fill up, inviting visitors to splash and enjoy themselves. The scenic beauty is enhanced by the presence of dark clouds, making it ideal for nature lovers and trekkers. The monsoon season provides a refreshing and rejuvenating experience, making a visit to Lohagad Fort an absolute treat. So, grab your rain gear and set out on an enjoyable trek through the lush greenery!
How To Reach Lohagad Fort from Mumbai?
To reach Lohagad Fort from Mumbai using public transport, start by boarding an express train heading towards Pune. Once you reach Lonavala Station, switch to a local train heading to Pune and get off at Malavli Station, which is the closest stop to Lohagad Fort. From there, you have two options: either take a shared auto-rickshaw to Lohgadwadi Village, the base village for the trek to Lohagad Fort, or you can choose to walk to the fort directly. The trek from Malavli to Lohagadwadi Village is around 45 minutes to an hour.
How To Reach Lohagad Fort from Pune?
To reach Lohagad Fort from Pune, start by heading to Pune's main railway station or bus depot. Take a local train towards Lonavala and get off at Malavli Station, which is the closest railway stop to the fort. From Malavli, you have two options: either hop on a shared auto-rickshaw to Lohgadwadi Village, the base for the Lohagad Fort trek, or you can choose to trek to the village, which takes around 45 minutes to an hour. Once at Lohgadwadi Village, begin your trek to Lohagad Fort
By Road: The base of the fort is well connected to other cities and towns by road. Hence, you can drive on your own directly to Lohagad Fort.
Why choose Treks and Trails for Lohagad Fort Trek?
We were preferred by over 20000 trekkers last year with a 4.7 review rating of 5.
We equip one trek leader for every ten trekkers.
Female trek leader on each trek
Provide an E-certificate on successful completion of the trek. Valid for a lifetime with 99.9 percent availability online.
E-certificate is tamper-proof and shareable on social media and leading networking websites.
The roadmap includes adventure insurance for every trekker and trek leader for all our treks.
We self-operate our treks
Group discounts available
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Lohagad, no refund will be provided.
If you wrongly booked for different date or batch. And you want to change date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Lonavala to Lohagad base and back to Lonavala transport by local jeep
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by private Ac vehicle (Bus option)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back (Train option)
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Lohagad Trek 2024 | Lohagad Fort Trek | Monsoon Trekking
A Monsoon trek to Lohagad Fort, have one of the most amazing experiences. Its the iron fort, one of the strongest forts of Sahyadris. Lohagad Fort Trekking.
Lohagad is one of the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala and 52 km northwest of Pune, Lohagad rises to an elevation of 1,033 m above sea level. The fort is connected to the neighboring Visapur fort by a small range.
Situated at the height of 3400 feet, Lohagad Fort is a UNESCO world heritage site and formidable fort about 52 kilometres away from Pune.
Lohagad Fort means Iron fort in Marathi, situated close to the hill station of Lonavala Khandala and 52 km northwest of Pune.
Lohagad Fort, literally meaning iron fort, is a historical citadel perched atop a hillock at an elevation of 3400 feet. Situated in the Sahyadri range of Lonavala.
Lohagad Trek. A trek back in time machine to a period of Satavahana, one of the well preserved forts of maharashtra dating back to 30 BC.
Lohagad Fort was built in the 18th century and is an ideal destination for trekking and nature lovers, especially from Pune and Mumbai.
How can I go to Lohagad trek from Mumbai?
How To Reach Lohagad Fort from Mumbai By Public transport: Board any express Train going towards Pune, then alight at Lonavala Station then take a local train towards Pune and alight at Malavli Station from there either you can take a sharing auto to Lohgadwadi VIllage or else Walking.
How do I get to Lohagad?
There are two methods of reaching Lohagad fort. One is by trekking from Malavli Station toward base of stairs to Bhaje Caves and then to village Lohgadwadi which is the base to climb Lohagad fort. This would take about 2.5 to 3 hrs for a fit person. Another method is to get shared taxi from Lonavala Bus Stand.
How many steps are there in Lohagad fort?
Lohagad fort has around 250 to 300 steps, although not all the step sizes are similar.
Who built the Lohagad fort?
It is believed that Lohagad fort was built in the 14th century and then the reign of the fort was handed over to Malik Ahmad in 1489. Lohagad fort was ruled by many dynasties during different periods, Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Yadavas, Bahamanis, Nizams, Mughals and Marathas.
How can I reach Lohagad fort from Thane?
The fort is near Lonavala. One can reach there by taking a local train from Lonavala and get down at Malavali Railway Station i.e next station or can go directly from Lonavala by some public transport to the fort's base village which is approximately 12 km. Lohgad Fort is about 6.5 km from Malavali Railway Staion.
Where is Lohagad situated?
Lohagad. Lohagad (iron fort) is one of the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala and 52 km (32 mi) northwest of Pune, Lohagad rises to an elevation of 1,033 m (3,389 ft) above sea level.
When was Lohagad fort built?
Lohagad Fort was built in the 18th century and is an ideal destination for trekking and nature lovers, especially from Pune and Mumbai.
Lohagad or the Iron Fort Trek in Lonavala is a typical choice if it's your first trek considering the easy grade. Enjoy the fog and lush green scenery in monsoon.
Best guide to hike Lohagad Fort by public transport in low budget from mumbai and pune. best fort to hike for first timers.
Explore yourself in this one day trek to Lohagad Fort. Rivet in the mesmerizing beauty of the region while enthralling in this amazing trek. Enquire Now!
The trek route to Lohagad is pretty much straight forward. Bhaje village is where one could start the trek to Lohagad fort. Bhaje is about 6 kms from Malawli.
How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )