Igatpuri campsite is famous for water sports like kayaking, lake boating and swimming. Campsite is located in dark spot ideal for astrophotography. Band of Milky way galaxy is visible during summer at the campsite for certain period of night. You can capture some amazing time lapse star trails and band of Milky Way galaxy images. Early morning you can enjoy kayaking and swimming in the lake wearing life jacket.
Please note things to carry
- DSLR or Camera or Mobile with manual mode
- Dslr remote also called intervalometer to capture star trail
- Tripod with ball head prefered
- Torch with extra batteries
Milky way Photography Event Details
- Location: Igatpuri
- India toilets available
- Water sports activities
Night Photography Event Itinerary
Day 1 - Saturday
CSMT – Kasara Train Timings
For Mumbai people
15: 03 CSMT
18:15 Please assemble near the ticket counter and move towards Igatpuri campsite by local jeep.
19:30 Reach at campsite.
After dinner will start night photography session.
Day 2 - Sunday Morning
06:30 Wake up and freshen up
07:00 Enjoy watersports activities (1 kayaking and 1 lake boating)
09:30 Breakfast and Tea.
10:30 Move towards Kasara by local jeep.
12:00 Reach Kasara and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience
- Missing the train is missing the event, no refund will be provided
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg dinner and 1 veg breakfast
- Tent Stay on sharing basis
- Water sports activities (1 kayaking and 1 lake boating)
- Kasara to Igatpuri campsite and back to kasara travel by local vehicle
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport till Kasara
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the above cost includes
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- 2/3 liter water bottle
- Comfortable footwear
- Torch with extra batteries
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Camera with extra batteries
- Equipment for night photography (tripod, lenses etc.)
- Identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will you be conducting star gazing ?
No we are not conducting star gazing
2. How far is the toilet ?
Toilet is 5 mins away from campsite. Indian style toilet available
3. Will you provide sleeping bag and sleeping mattress ?
we will provide simple foam mat as bedding and sleeping blanket
4. I don't have Dslr or Mobile or Camera can i join ?
Yes event is open for all you can observe and learn and enjoy the night sky and enjoy the camping experience
5. Will there be bonfire ?
Yes we will have bonfire limited period
6. Do you have barbeque ?
No we won't have barbeque as the event is focused around creating night sky images
7. Can i travel by my own car ?
Yes you can campsite is 120 plus kilometers from Mumbai or 200 plus kilometer from Pune you will have to reach before 8.30 pm at campsite we will give you google maps coordinates
8. Is it safe for women, children, solo travellers ?
Yes it is safe for women, children and solo travellers. Campsite managers are awake till 2 am.
9. Do we have mobile reception ?
Limited mobile reception is available