About the Milky Way Astrophotography Event
You will be camping in Samrad Village near Sandhan Valley one of the darkest spot in Maharashtra it is perfect for astrophotography. Our campsite will be away from the village with clear view of night sky Milky Way galaxy is visible around new moon in summer season. Let's create some amazing star trail timelapse and capture band of Milky way galaxy.
Please note things to carry
- DSLR or Camera or Mobile with manual mode
- Dslr remote also called intervalometer to capture star trail
- Tripod with ball head prefered
- Torch with extra batteries
Milky Way Photography Event Details
- Location: Ghatghar, Samrad Village
- India toilets available - 15 mins from campsite
Night Photography Event Itinerary
Day 1 - Saturday
Please board the below train from Mumbai and meet us near Kasara Railway Station ticket counter
CSMT - Kasara Train Timings
- 10:16 CSMT
- 10:23 Byculla
- 10:29 Dadar
- 10:36 Kurla
- 10:40 Ghatkopar
- 10:57 Thane
- 11:11 Dombivali
- 11:19 Kalyan
- 12:12 Kasara
For Pune participant please board the below express train and get down at Kalyan and then Change to Kasara local train
Sahyadri Express 11024
06:50 - Pune
10:32 - Kalyan
From Kalyan catch above local train
12:15 Please assemble near the ticket counter and move towards Samrad by local jeep.
Lunch on the way at Igatpuri
16:30 Reach at base village
17:30 Evening tea and snacks
18:00 Pitch tents
18:30 Watch Sunset and Relax for some time
22:30 After dinner will start night photography session
Day 2 - Sunday Morning
08:00 Breakfast and Tea.
10:00 Move towards Kasara by local jeep.
13:00 Reach Kasara and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience
- Missing the train is missing the event, no refund will be provided
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg lunch, 1 evening tea & snacks, 1 veg dinner and 1 veg breakfast
- Tent Stay on sharing basis
- Kasara to Samrad and back to kasara travel by local vehicle
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport till Kasara
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the above cost includes
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- 2/3 liter water bottle
- Comfortable footwear
- Torch with extra batteries
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Camera with extra batteries
- Equipment for night photography (tripod, lenses etc.)
- Identity proof
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will you be conducting star gazing ?
No we are not conducting star gazing
2. How far is the toilet ?
Toilet is 15 mins away from campsite
3. Will you provide sleeping bag and sleeping mattress ?
Please carry sleeping bag or two bed sheet we will provide simple foam mat as bedding
4. I don't have Dslr or Mobile or Camera can i join ?
Yes event is open for all you can observe and learn and enjoy the night sky and enjoy the camping experience
5. Will there be bonfire ?
Yes we will have bonfire limited period
6. Do you have barbeque ?
No we won't have barbeque as the event is focused around creating night sky images
7. Can i travel by my own car ?
Yes you can Samrad is 200 plus kilometers from Mumbai or Pune you will have to reach before 4.30 pm at Samrad Village we will give you google maps coordinates
8. Is it safe for women, children, solo travellers ?
Yes Samrad village is famous for camping and Sandhan Valley trek it is safe for women, children and solo travellers
9. Do we have mobile reception ?
Only 2g will work in selected regions only very poor range