About Kumara Parvatha:
Pushpagiri (Kumara Parvatha), at 1,712 metres (5,617 ft), is the highest peak in Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. It is located in the Somwarpet Taluk, 20 kilometres from Somwarpet in the northern part of Kodagu district on the border between Dakshina Kannada and Kodagu district and hassan districts. It is 2nd highest peak of Karnataka.
About 36 kilometres from Somwarpet and 1.5 kilometres from Kumaralli, it is located amid the jungle. Trekking can be done from the base, Bhagati, which is a 10 km, three-hour walk. Otherwise, trekkers can cross Kukke Subramanya, located in Dakshina Kannada district of Pushpagiri Range. The trekking zone can be approached from Pushpagiri or from Kumaraparvata peaks. The Eastern entrance can be reached from Beedehalli via Heggademane temple and the Western entrance from Kukke Subramanya via Giri gadde. However, the entrance through Beedehalli is less strenuous.
Batches for Kumara Parvatha Trek
- 25th 26th May 2019
- 1st 2nd June 2019
Kumara Parvatha Trek Details
- Theme: Trekking
- Nearest Town: Subramanya
- Duration of the event: Two Days
- Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Moderate
- Total distance: 27 Km Approx. (Both the ways)
- Accommodation: Tent on sharing basis
- Cost: Rs 3100 (per person)
Kumara Parvatha Trekking and Camping Itinerary
Friday Night - (Day 0)
09:30PM - Pick-up at Indiranagar.
09:45PM - Pick-up at New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur.
10:00PM - Pick-up at Lifestyle, Margrath Road. (Near Garuda Mall)
Saturday - (Day 1)
06.00 AM - Reach - Freshen up – Breakfast.
07:00 AM - Visit Kukke Subramanayam Temple.
08.00 AM - Start trek to Kumara Parvata.
12.00 PM – Have Lunch.
12:30 PM - Start trekking to peak.
04.00 PM - Reach the Peak & explore.
04:30 PM - Trek back to camp.
07:30 PM - Reach back to camp.
09:00 PM – Dinner.
Sunday - (Day 2)
06:00 AM - Wake up and freshen up.
07.30 AM - Finish breakfast.
08.00 AM - Start from Bhattramane.
12.00 PM - Reach Kukke.
01:00 PM - Start for Bangalore, Have lunch (self-sponsored) on the way.
09.00 PM - Reach Bangalore.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation in non-ac vehicle
- Stay in tents
- Sleeping bags
- Basic Veg food (2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
- safety and medical kit
- Permission from Forest Dept.
- Trek Leader Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- Lunch on Sunday
- Food during bus travelling
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Kumara Parvatha Trek Things to carry
- Personal Medicine
- 3 liters of water
- Trekking shoes
- Snacks for energy
- Torch compulsory with extra batteries
- Power bank to charge phone
- Backpack to carry clothes and equipment
- Trekking Poles to reduce stress of long trek on legs
- Skull cap
- Long sleeves and full track pant to avoid sunburn
- Warm clothing
Frequently asked questions
- Kumara Parvatha distance from bangalore 256 kms
- Kumara Parvatha distance from mangalore 152 kms
- Kukke Subramanya to Kumara Parvatha distance 51 km via Bisle Ghat road
- Kumara Parvatha leeches during monsoon
- The best time to go is throughout the year except during Monsoons
- Trekking & Camping will be conducted under this package
- A basic level of fitness is called for but no prior experience or hill walking or trekking is needed.