Kohoj Fort Trek can be reached from the Vaghote village on Palghar - Wada road. At the base of the fort is a lake which gives beautiful reflection of the fort. It takes 2 hours approx from the village to reach the plateau. On the plateau of the fort, a temple of Lord Shankar and 3 groups of water cisterns can be seen. Fortification and remains of settlements also can be seen at some of the places. On the way that stretches from the right side of the temple up the hill, there are three large water cisterns; two of which contain potable water. On the top of this hill we come across a bastion and a temple of Lord Hanuman. There many natural pinnacles formed due to wind-erosion, two of them are man-shaped pinnacle which is one of the greatest wonder of nature’s creation.
Kohoj Fort Height 3200 feet
Kohoj Fort Trek Grade Medium
Trek durations 3 hrs from Waghote base village one way
Location - Palghar region
Participants using Western railway can board in the Churchgate - Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting
- 5:33 Mumbai Central
- 5:40 Dadar
- 5.44 Bandra
- 5.54 Andheri
- 6.08 Borivali
- 6.33 Vasai
- 6.45 Virar
- 7:25 Palghar
Event Itinerary for trek to Kohoj fort
- 07:40 Breakfast at Palghar
- 08:10 Travel to base village by private jeep
- 09:00 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
- 09:10 Start the trek
- 11:30 On the plateau - Explore the fort & Lunch break
- 14:30 Descend
- 17:30 Reach Palghar railway station
- 19:30 Travel to Mumbai by train
- Haversack wind cheater to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 liters
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek