Kohoj Fort Trek can be reached from the Vaghote village on Palghar - Wada road. At the base of the fort is a lake that gives the beautiful reflection of the fort. It takes 2 hours approx from the village to reach the plateau. On the plateau of the fort, a temple of Lord Shankar and 3 groups of water cisterns can be seen. Fortification and remains of settlements also can be seen in some of the places. On the way that stretches from the right side of the temple up the hill, there are three large water cisterns; two of which contain potable water. On the top of this hill, we come across a bastion and a temple of Lord Hanuman. Their many natural pinnacles formed due to wind-erosion, two of them are man-shaped pinnacles which is one of the greatest wonders of nature’s creation.
Kohoj Palghar Maharashtra Information
- Kohoj Fort Height 3200 feet
- Kohoj Fort Trek Grade Medium
- Trek duration 3 hrs from Waghote base village one way
- Kohoj Fort near Wada Location - Palghar region
- Kohoj Trek Palghar difficulty level Medium
Kohoj Palghar train to catch
Participants using the Western railway can board in the Churchgate - Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting
- 5:33 Mumbai Central
- 5:40 Dadar
- 5.44 Bandra
- 5.54 Andheri
- 6.08 Borivali
- 6.33 Vasai
- 6.45 Virar
- 7:25 Palghar
Event Itinerary for the trek to Kohoj Killa
- 07:40 Breakfast at Palghar
- 08:10 Travel to base village by private jeep
- 09:00 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
- 09:10 Start the trek
- 11:30 On the plateau - Explore the fort & Lunch break
- 14:30 Descend
- 17:30 Reach Palghar railway station
- 19:30 Travel to Mumbai by train
- Haversack wind cheater to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 liters
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek