Kohoj Fort Trek can be reached from the Vaghote village on Palghar - Wada road. At the base of the fort is a lake that gives the beautiful reflection of the fort. It takes 2 hours approx from the village to reach the plateau. On the plateau of the fort, a temple of Lord Shankar and 3 groups of water cisterns can be seen. Fortification and remains of settlements also can be seen in some of the places. On the way that stretches from the right side of the temple up the hill, there are three large water cisterns; two of which contain potable water. On the top of this hill, we come across a bastion and a temple of Lord Hanuman. Their many natural pinnacles formed due to wind-erosion, two of them are man-shaped pinnacles which is one of the greatest wonders of nature’s creation.
Kohoj Palghar Maharashtra Information
- Kohoj Fort Height 3200 feet
- Kohoj Fort Trek Grade Medium
- Trek duration 3 hrs from Waghote base village one way
- Kohoj Fort near Wada Location - Palghar region
- Kohoj Trek Palghar difficulty level Medium
Cost for Kohoj Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 799/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1299/- per person
Kohoj Trek Itinerary
- 05:45 am - Meet us at Pritam Hotel, Dadar -East near Kotak Bank ATM.
- 06:00 am - Departure from Dadar in private non-ac bus till base village.
- 06:15 am - Pick up at Kalangar WEH bus stop, Bandra.
- 06:25 am - Pick up WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
- 06:35 am - Pick up at Oberoi Mall, Goregaon.
- 06:50 am - Pick up at Omkareshwar tempe, Borivali.
- 07:10 am - Pick up at Fountain hotel, Ghodbundar.
- 07:35 am - Pick up at Vasai phata.
- 07:45 am - Meet us at Virar Phata (those who are travelling by own transport)
09:00 am - Reach base village, have breakfast and a short introduction session.
09:30 am - Start Trekking.
12:30 pm - Reach the pinnacle and explore the historic place.
01:30 pm - Start descending.
04:00 pm - Reach base village and have lunch. Post lunch we will start our return journey, and a quick stop for tea on highway.
08:00 pm - Reach Dadar and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private non-AC bus
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till pick up point
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Kohoj Fort Trek Difficulty Level
The difficulty level of the Kohoj Fort trek is considered moderate. It requires a moderate level of physical fitness and basic trekking skills.
The trek has a moderately challenging uphill slope. It takes around 2.5 hours to reach the flat area on top of the fort. Once you reach the top, you'll come across a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and a collection of water reservoirs. These landmarks hold cultural and historical importance and make the trek more enjoyable and fulfilling.
What is the height of Kohoj Fort Trek?
The height of the Kohoj Fort Trek is about 3,200 feet. When you go on this trek, you will climb up to an elevation of around 3,200 feet above sea level. From there, you will be able to enjoy amazing views of the surrounding area. Reaching the top at this height will make you feel proud and you'll get to see stunning panoramic views. It's a great chance to experience the beauty of nature and take in the breathtaking sights from the summit of Kohoj Fort.
Distance from Pune to Kohoj Fort
The distance from Pune to Kohoj Fort is approximately 210 kilometers, and it usually takes around 5 hours to cover this distance. The journey takes you through scenic routes and diverse landscapes as you make your way from Pune to the fort. The duration of the trip may vary depending on factors such as traffic conditions and the chosen mode of transportation.
Distance from Mumbai to Kohoj Fort
The distance between Mumbai and Kohoj Fort is approximately 100 kilometres, and travelling this distance typically takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes. The trip from Mumbai to Kohoj Fort is a beautiful one, as it passes through a number of different landscapes along the way.
How long does it take to complete the Kohoj Fort trek?
The time it takes to complete the Kohoj Fort trek depends on your fitness level and pace. It takes about 2-3 hours to get to the fort's plateau.
Which station is nearest to Kohoj Fort?
Palghar railway station
By Train: From Mumbai, take a train to Palghar station, which is closest train station to Kohoj Fort. You can take a taxi or a bus from Palghar to the base village of Kohoj Fort.
What is the best time of year to go on the Kohoj Fort trek?
The Kohoj Fort trek is best in winter and post-monsoon. Trekking is best in November–February and September–December. These months are cooler, making trekking more comfortable. Post-monsoon trekking is enhanced by lush greenery and beautiful scenery.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )