Kenjalgad Fort is a one-day mountain hike trek. Location of the Kenjalgad trek is near Ghera Kenjal Village in Bhor taluka of Pune district, Maharashtra. Kenjalgad trek is an easy grade level trek. The base village of Kenjalgad fort is Ghera Kenjal. Kenjalgad Fort Trek is at a distance of 80 km from Pune and about 223 km from Mumbai. Kenjalgad Fort established in western Sahyadri ranges of Maharashtra which is 4270 feet above the sea level. Ghera Khelanja Fort is the local name for Kenjalgad in the Wai Village.
Kenjalgad situated on the Mandhardev spur of the Mahadev hill range. Marathi is the language with which the villagers are familiar to communicate with at the base village. One can explore the nearby forts also which are adjacent to Kenjalgad Fort, and they are Raireshwar Fort, Rohida fort and Kamalgad Fort. A two-day Hiking event may also be conducted here in a combination of Raireshwar, Rohida and Kenjalgad. Other variant options are also available such as Raireshwar fort and Kenjalgad fort in a Day plan and many more. Raireshwar Kenjalgad trek is popular during the post-monsoon season. Rohida Raireshwar Kenjalgad Kamalgad trek attempted over two days by range trekkers.
Kenjalgad Fort Trek Details for Mumbai Participants
- 22:15 - Meet the Team near Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
- 23:00 - Travel by Non-ac bus to Kenjalgad Trek Base village
- 23:15 - Pick up from Chembur we will send you Live whatsapp location
- 23:45 - Pick-up from Vashi
- 00:15 - Pick up from McDonald's Kalamboli
- 06:00 - Good morning Tea - Coffee - Breakfast
- 08:00 - Start hiking towards the Kenjalgad Fort
- 10:00 - Summit the fort and explore
- 11:30 - Begin to Descend the Kenjalgad Fort
- 13:00 - Reach the base village and have delicious lunch
- 14:30 - A return journey for Mumbai begins
- 22:30 - Reach Mumbai and Disperse
1. These are approximate timing mentioned the speed of trek depends on group walking speed, weather conditions, terrain conditions, possible injury to fellow trekker and other factors. Please take them into account before booking return tickets, keep family and friends informed accordingly
2. Roads are in lousy condition bus breakdowns are common please cooperate with the trek leader.
3. In case the bus arrives, the late participant will have to manage their transport via Uber, Ola, Taxi from central drop locations.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by Private bus Mumbai to Mumbai
- Tea and one veg breakfast
- One veg Lunch
Trek Leader Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets not included
- Any insurance required
- Anything not mentioned in cost includes
About the Kenjalgad Fort
Kenjalgad fort is also known as Ghera Khelanja fort. Kenjalgad fort trek has mainly two trails to reach the till the fort. One is from the Raireshwar route, and the other one which is the shortest route is from the base village itself. The trail is about an hour-long to reach the fort. The trail goes across the forest area to rock-cut steps at the end. The fort is visible from a long distance because of its unique Rhomboid shape. Kenjalgad history Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj winning the fort in 1674 and later British rule on the fort in 1818. Numerous water tanks are available on the fort, with this some idols of Kenjai Devi seen on the fort. A small magazine room is a spot of attraction on the fort.
How to reach Kenjalgad Fort
Kenjalgad Fort is approachable mainly by two routes. Bhor is the patient and shortest route when searched on google maps and second is via Wai. The way via Bhor isn't much preferable. One travelling from Pune must take the road route to Kenjalgad via Wai which is preferred and efficient over Bhor route. Kenjalgad to Raireshwar trek can be combined popular destination among hikers.