Kasol Tosh Kheerganga Trek
The KTK circuit, a perfect getaway for beginners looking for an adventurous trek in the lower Himalayas, is widely popular for its dense pine forests, natural hot water springs (Manikaran & Kheerganga), waterfalls (Rudranag), short hikes, serene villages (Kalga, Pulga, Tulga) and the valley's natural beauty. The crisp mountain air coupled with delicious Himachali & Israeli food with the smell of burning herbs coursing through the otherwise unpolluted air makes Kasol the so-called “Amsterdam of India”. One should also take a short hike to Malana from Kasol to experience the centuries-old local Malana culture.
KTK Circuit Trek details
- QUICK INFO:
- Dates: Every Thursday
- Duration: 3 Nights - 4 Days
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Highest Altitude: ~ 10,000 feet
- Temperature: -3 – 8°C
Kasol Tosh Kheerganga Trek Itinerary
Day Zero - Delhi to Kasol
Arrive in Delhi and transfer to Kasol at 06:30pm. Overnight bus journey to Kasol .
Day 1: Kasol - Manikaran
Upon reaching Kasol, after a tiring journey, check-in at The Hosteller Kasol at 11 AM. Located 5 minute away from the city centre, The Hosteller Kasol offers serene mountain view, comfortable rooms and various local experiences. After settling down, one can walk down to Kasol village for grabbing delicious Israeli or local food. Our trip coordinator would then meet you at the city centre for a 3 hour Manikaran gurudwara tour. Once back, one can enjoy with other travellers around the bonfire or can make themselves comfortable in the cozy rooms. A delicious vegetarian dinner is served in The Hosteller cafe around 9 PM. One can also register for Jungle walk at the reception (timing: 10 PM - 12 midnight).
Day 2: Kasol - Kheerganga
Post breakfast around 9 AM, one should put on the hiking shoes and leave for Barsheni village (around 22 KM from Kasol). Our highly experienced local trek guide awaits at Barsheni to take one to Rudranag (takes around 4 hours) traversing through dense pine forests, enjoying serene views and sharing local facts. Post reaching the campsite in Rudranag and settling down, one can visit Rudranag waterfall, local temple or the village. A delicious vegetarian dinner (around bonfire) sums up the day for a peaceful night under a million stars.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3: Kheerganga - Tosh
The day begins early with breakfast served at 8 AM. Post breakfast, our trek guide takes you to Kheerganga (around 3 hours from the campsite). Kheerganga, the most popular place to be in the Parvati valley, definitely leaves many travellers speechless. Known for its natural hot water springs, one must definitely take a dive in the hot water pool in Kheerganga to feel hot and cold, at the same time, literally. For photographers, Kheerganga offers much more than mountain selfies. Having spent a few hours in Kheerganga, one should descend down to Barsheni along with the trek guide to reach Tosh homestay. A delicious vegetarian dinner sums up the tiring yet a wonderful trekking day.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4: Tosh - Kasol
What can be a better morning than waking up in the last village of the Parvati valley? Located at one extreme edge and an altitude of approximately 7900 feet, Tosh is truly blessed with nature's abundance. Post the breakfast, one can choose to laze around in the comfortable homestay, visit the local village or the nearby waterfall. Later, check out from Tosh around 11 AM to reach back to Kasol. The trip ends here.
Please note - All treks/departures would be conducted as per schedule. However, due to unavoidable climatic conditions, there might be alterations in the scheduled departures. The same would be informed prior.
What is included in the tour
- Meals & stay as mentioned in the itinerary
- Camping & trekking equipment
- Transfers Delhi to Delhi
- Expert trek leader and guide
- Forest permit charges
- Local transfers
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfare / Train fare for Mumbai - Delhi-Mumbai
- Medical Insurance
- Taxes as applicable
- Anything is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- Lunch (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restricted to a particular restaurant, cafe)
- Meals while travelling
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- Valid ID Proofs
- Sufficient cash as it is difficult to find ATMs in the mountains
- Waterproof trekking shoes & jacket
- Torch with extra batteries
- Warm clothes
- Camera with extra batteries
- Lighter & Trekking stick
- Personal medicines
- If cancellation done prior to 45 days of outing 75% will be refunded
- If done prior to 30 days of outing 50% will be refunded
- If done prior to 15 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that no refund will be provided
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only