Winters in Kashmir
Tour months: December to April.
Day 1 – Arrival Srinagar
On arrival you would be met by our representative and you are driven in a private cab in the city towards the Dal Lake, our representative would help your check-in at the house boat.
Relax and unwind at the house boat for a while and later in the evening you are taken for a Shikara ride in the lake amidst the backdrop of the majestic mountain surroundings.
Dinner and stay at house boat for the night.
Day 2 – Srinagar city tour
Post breakfast you would visit the local places around Srinagar in your private cab.
The city is famous for its Mughal gardens, Shankaracharya Hill, PariMahal, Hazaratbal, Khanqah Shah-I-Hamadan, Jama Masjid, Naqshband Sahib, Rozabal, PirDastgir Sahib, SriPratap Singh Museum.
We would try to cover as many places as possible based on time availability for the day and your co-operation in adhering to timings provided.
Return to house boat for the night.
Day 3 – Gulmarg
Post breakfast you would be picked by our taxi and head towards Gulmarg, it’s a 4 hour ride based on the snow conditions and traffic.
Gulmarg is one of the top ski destinations in Asia with skiers and snowboarders flocking it in the winter months.
Explore the meadows of Gulmarg and Maharani temple built by Hari Sisodia during Dogra rule and St. Mary’s church built by the British.
Enjoy cable car ride (gondala) upto phase 2 on direct payment.
Head back to Srinagar by evening.
Stay for the night at house boat/Guest house/hotel or homestay.
Day 4 – Pahalgam
We make an early morning start today and head towards Pahalgam in our cab, it’s a 4 to 5 hours ride based on the snow conditions and traffic.
On the way to Pahalgam we would be making a quick stop at the historical Martand Sun Temple dedicated to Surya built during the 8th century CE by Lalitaditya Muktapida during Korkata Dynasty.
You would spend the entire evening exploring places around Pahalgam.
The horse riding charges at Pahalgam should be paid by the customer & it starts from INR 500 to INR 4000 per pax depending on the spots you choose to visit.
The famous places around Pahalgam are Betaab valley, Aru Valley Chandanwari where the Amarnath Yatra starts during summer months towards the cave to witness the ice Shivling.
Stay for the night at Guest house/hotel or homestay.
Day 5 – Pahalgam/Aru
You would make an early morning start and spend the entire day at Aru exploring its surroundings.
It is a popular tourist destination for its scenic meadows, nomads, Lidder valley and Lidder River. It is one of the most sought after place for movie directors and lot of movies has been shot at these surroundings.
The famous places around Pahalgam are Betaab valley, Chandanwari where the AmarnathYatra starts during summer months towards the cave to witness the ice Shivling.
Aru serves as a base camp for trekkers going towards popular trails during summer months like Kolahoi glacier, Tarsar-Marsar Lakes and Katrinag valley.
Experience winter at its best in the valley.
Day 6 – Gagangir
We start the day early and it would be a long drive back to Srinagar and towards Gagangir around 7 hours based on weather and traffic on NH1D.
We would try to cover few local attractions en-route to Gagangir.
Gagangir is about 10km before Sonamarg and it is the last village accessible as Sonamarg is closed during the winters and inaccessible by road.
Stay at guest house for the night.
Explore the village and its surroundings.
You could head out for a fun Ski session based on the snow conditions on direct payment.
Day 7 – Departure
After breakfast proceed to the airport to your flight back home with memories of a lifetime.
En-route to Srinagar you could buy dry fruits, spices and fruits at the whole sale market located at Kangan, inform your taxi driver to halt for few minutes to make your purchases.
Kindly note that the accommodation at Gagangir is of Standard category even if you opt for Deluxe package as there are no Deluxe stays at Gagangir.
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast and dinner (No breakfast for day 1 and no dinner for day 7)
- A limited decent spread of Indian food would be served for breakfast, dinner & anything else ordered apart from the spread should be paid by the customer
- Accommodation in double/twin-bedded rooms in hotels/Guest house/House boats as mentioned in the itinerary (or similar category hotels)
- Taxi tours (Innova or similar), transfers, sightseeing tours and surface transportation as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation in handpicked hotels chosen to suit your comfort, needs and convenience of location.
- Vehicle to Aru
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air fares, airport taxes, entrance fees at any point of interest, and anything not mentioned in the inclusions in the itinerary
- Lunch, tea, coffee, mineral water, tips, transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Doctor, telephone, laundry and other personal expenses
- Cost of personal emergency exit or expenses due to external factors such as climatic conditions.
- Travel Insurance
- Gondala ride to Apharwat at Gulmarg
- Any other activities like skiing, sledge rides, rafting, para sailing, or any other adventure activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Horse riding or any other fun activity at Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Aru, & Gagangir. If you wish to go on horse rides, it would be on direct payment