Jaisalmer is one of those perfect havens for backpackers. It is a former medieval trading center
and handsome state to the extreme west of Rajasthan. Due to its position in the heart of the
Thar Desert, it attracts backpackers from all over the world. Jaisalmer is also famous for its use
of yellow sandstone in its architectures, which earned it the name of ‘the Golden City.’ It is safe
to concur that the beauty and charm of Jaisalmer is unmatchable. During its heydays, it used to
be a part of the renowned Silk Route. The most notable structure in Jaisalmer is the fort which
sits right in the middle of the city. The Jaisalmer Fort stands proudly and narrates the bravery,
strength, and honor of the Rajput rulers. Jaisalmer retains its medieval allure with its colorful
narrow streets, mesmerizing forts, opulent havelis, and bazaars.
Highlights about Jaisalmer
• Delving into core Rajasthani culture which intermingles with a bit of Western culture.
• Apart from native Rajasthanis, you will spot foreigners on every corner of Jaisalmer.
• The Jaisalmer Fort rises like sunbeams when you see it from the golden desert.
• The Fort of Jaisalmer happens to be the oldest in all of Rajasthan.
• Jaisalmer is the place where renowned filmmakers shot their movies.
• Apart from the Jaisalmer Fort, there are several other noteworthy structures to see
here. These include Patwon ki Haveli, Nathmal ki Haveli, Salim Singh ki Haveli, and more.
• You can witness dunes, Vyas Chhatri, Gadissar Lake, and Bada Bagh, away from the city.
It is also possible to go on desert safaris from Jaisalmer.
Our journey starts from Mumbai in train by the evening. This is an overnight journey till
we reach Jodhpur.
We arrive to Jodhpur early morning and start towards our hotel for a healthy breakfast.
Post this we leave for sightseeing and get back to our respective hotels for overnight stay.
Today early morning, we start our journey for Jaisalmer for which vehicles are already arranged
to transfer you from the current hotel to the hotel in Jaisalmer. Get ready to explore the oldest
city in India as we settle down to spend some good time at the bank of Gadaisar lake,Bada Bagh
to end our day visit with a visit to kuldhara village at night.
Today is important for everyone as we are going to explore the desert for about 10kms on
camel back. On the journey we visit multiple villages and we reach our destination to end our
day with camp fire at “Thar Desert” for dinner and overnight stay.
This day marks the end of our journey as post breakfast we all leave towards Jodhpur to catch
our train back to Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
1. Daily Breakfast & dinner
2. 03 Nights accommodation in Home-stays or Hotel or similar – Double or Triple sharing
3. All Transfers between Jaisalmer to Jaisalmer
4. An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel.
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Airfare / Train fare for Mumbai-Jaisalmer-Mumbai
2. Lunch (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restrict to a particular restaurant, cafe)
3. Camera Charges
4. Personal Expenses
5. Anything other than mentioned Above
6. All applicable taxes
7. Guide and & Entry Fees