About Hampi: Exploring the Ancient Ruins and Natural Wonders
Nestled in the heart of Karnataka, the historic village of Hampi is a treasure trove of ancient wonders and natural beauty. This South Indian gem is renowned for its rich history, dotted with the remnants of temple complexes that once thrived during the mighty Vijayanagara Empire. In this enchanting destination, every stone tells a story, and every corner whispers echoes of a glorious past.
Unearthing the Past
At the heart of Hampi lies the awe-inspiring Virupaksha Temple, a marvel of 7th-century Hindu architecture that stands tall, a testament to the enduring spirituality of the region. Nearby, the bustling Hampi Bazaar adds a lively touch to this otherwise tranquil setting, offering a glimpse into the vibrant local culture.
A visit to Hampi would be incomplete without admiring the intricacies of the Vittala Temple, known for its grandeur and the iconic carved stone chariot that graces its grounds. As you explore the sprawling temple complex, you'll find yourself transported back in time, marveling at the craftsmanship that once flourished here.
For those seeking a different kind of adventure, the Daroji Bear Sanctuary, southeast of Hampi, beckons. Here, you'll have the unique opportunity to witness the Indian sloth bear in its natural habitat, a thrilling experience that connects you with the region's diverse wildlife.
Hampi is not just a destination; it's a journey through time and nature, where the past merges seamlessly with the present
Cost for Hampi Tour
- Pune to Pune: Rs. 6999/- per person
- Hosapete to Hosapete: Rs. 4699/- per person
Hampi Tour from Pune Itinerary
Day 0 - Friday
8.00 pm Departure From Deccan.
Day 1 - Saturday
- 09:00 am: Arrive in Hospet.
- 09:30 am: Check-in to your accommodation.
- 10:30 am: Have a nice breakfast and get ready for your day of exploration.
- 11:00 am: Begin your temple tour by visiting the Virupaksha Temple, followed by the nearby Kadalekalu Ganesha and Sasivekalu Ganesha.
- 12:30 pm: Continue your exploration by visiting the Krishna Temple and the fascinating Pushkarani, then proceed to the
- Narsimha Temple and Badavilinga Temple.
- 02:00 pm: It's time for lunch. Experience local cuisine at a local restaurant.
- 03:00 pm: After lunch, enjoy an exciting coracle ride and try some cliff jumping for an adrenaline rush.
- 05:30 pm: Head to Sanapura Lake to relax and watch the mesmerizing sunset.
- 07:00 pm: Explore the vibrant Hampi market for some souvenir shopping.
- 09:00 pm: Time to have dinner at one of the beautiful chillout cafe
- 10:30 pm: Wrap up the day and get a good night's sleep for another exciting day ahead.
Day 2 - Sunday
- 05:00 am: Start your day early by waking up, freshening up, and embarking on a small hike to Matanga Hill for a breathtaking sunrise view.
- 06:00 am: After the hike, explore the riverside ruins and the impressive Monolithic Bull nearby.
- 08:30 am: Return to your accommodation for breakfast, freshen up, and check out.
- 10:00 am: Begin your exploration of the other side of Hampi with a visit to Lotus Mahal, followed by the intriguing Underground Temple and Prasanna Virupaksha Temple.
- 11:30 am: Continue your exploration with stops at the Achyutaraya Temple, the iconic
- Stone Chariot, and the mesmerizing Musical Pillar. Don't forget to do some last-minute shopping at the lively Hampi Market.
- 1:30 pm: Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a local restaurant.
- 03:00 pm: Visit the renowned Vitthala Temple, the elegant Queens Bath, and the historical Elephant Stable.
- 05:00 pm: Return to your guest house, freshen up, and prepare to leave for Hospet.
- 06:00 pm: Board your bus and begin your journey back, reminiscing about the wonderful memories and stories from your Hampi adventure.
Day 3 - Monday
Reach Pune by 6 - 8 AM
Travel suggestions for Mumbai participants
Option 1 - By Train
Vande Bharat Train (22225) – Cost around 550-650/-
- 16:05 CSMT
- 16:15 Dadar
- 16:33 Thane
- 16:53 Kalyan
- 19:10 Pune
From Pune station you can catch Metro till Chhatrapati Sambhaji Gardan or Deccan Gymkhana (Metro fare around 15rs).
Both stations are 5 mins walk from bus starting point Deccan.
Option 2 – By Road
- You can get shared cab from Dadar, Vashi. (Cost around 500rs). If you are coming by share cab, you can catch our bus from Navale bridge or Katraj.
- MSRTC Shivneri buses also available from Dadar. Note – Buses take around 5-6hrs, as the halt at multiple stops and for food break at Lonavala. So if you are planning to come by bus then please accordingly. If you are coming by bus then get down at Pune station depo / Swargate depo (as per your bus destination), and from there take auto to deccan.
How to Reach Hampi:
By Air: The nearest airport is Hubli, approximately 160 km away, with domestic flights connecting major Indian cities. You can also opt for the Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore, about 350 km from Hampi, which offers a wider range of international and domestic flights.
By Train: Hospet Junction, just 13 km from Hampi, is the nearest railway station. It's well-connected to major cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Goa. From Hospet, you can easily hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Hampi.
By Road: Hampi is accessible via well-maintained roads. State and private buses regularly ply to Hospet from various cities in Karnataka and neighboring states. You can also hire a cab or drive your own vehicle to reach Hampi.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Hampi is during the cool and dry months of October to March. This period offers pleasant weather, making it ideal for exploring the ancient ruins and enjoying outdoor activities. The temperatures during this time range from 15°C to 30°C, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Avoid visiting during the scorching summer months (April to June) when temperatures can soar, making outdoor excursions less enjoyable. Monsoon (July to September) brings heavy rains, which may disrupt your travel plans and limit your exploration of the historic sites. Therefore, plan your trip to Hampi during the winter season to make the most of your visit.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by private Ac vehicle (with transport option)
- 1 night accommodation on multi sharing basis
- Food : 3 meals ( Day 1 Lunch, Day 1 Dinner, Day 2 Breakfast)
- Tour guide expertise
- First Aid
- Monuments entry charges
- Cliff jumping and coracle ride
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Hosapete and back (without transport option)
- Food during travel
- Activity Charges – Bouldering / Coracle ride etc.
- All meals apart from mentioned in inclusions
- Personal Expenses
- Extra watersports activities
- Anything is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- Tax as applicable
- Gov approved Id proof Compulsory ( Avoid Pan Card)
- A small Backpack ( No Suitcases or Trolly Bags)
- A Day Bag to hold camera and essential during sightseeing .
- Extra clothes, Towel, etc.
- Torch (Must)
- Personal Medicines If any
- Cap, Shades, Sun-scream etc.
- Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
- Camera (Optional)
- Sanitary Kit.
- Mosquito Repellent
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 45 or more days prior to the event date.
- 40 % refund if notified via phone conversation 16 to 44 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 15 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Event get cancelled, we will refund "Event Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
1. What are the must-visit historical sites in Hampi?
Answer: Hampi boasts several iconic historical sites, including the Virupaksha Temple, Vittala Temple, Lotus Mahal, and Elephant Stables. These sites are a testament to the Vijayanagara Empire's grandeur and are definitely worth exploring.
2. What's the best way to reach Hampi by air?
Answer: The nearest airport to Hampi is Hubli Airport, located about 160 km away. You can catch domestic flights to Hubli from major Indian cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi.
3. How can I travel to Hampi by train?
Answer: Hospet Junction is the closest railway station to Hampi, just 13 km away. Trains from cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Goa connect to Hospet. From there, you can take a taxi or local bus to reach Hampi.
4. What's the most convenient way to explore Hampi's ruins?
Answer: Renting a bicycle or hiring an auto-rickshaw are popular options for exploring Hampi's ruins. Bicycles provide a leisurely and eco-friendly way to get around, while auto-rickshaws offer a comfortable guided tour.
5. When is the best time to plan a trip to Hampi?
Answer: The best time to visit Hampi is from October to March. This period offers pleasant weather, with temperatures ranging from 15°C to 30°C, making it ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
6. Are there any wildlife sanctuaries near Hampi?
Answer: Yes, the Daroji Bear Sanctuary, located southeast of Hampi, is home to Indian sloth bears. You can visit this sanctuary to witness these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
7. What is the local cuisine like in Hampi?
Answer: Hampi offers a variety of South Indian delicacies, including dosas, idlis, and spicy curries. Don't miss trying the local specialty, "bisi bele bath," a flavorful rice dish. Additionally, you can savor fresh fruit juices and coconut-based sweets.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )