Gokarna Trip Plan - An Small Town On Arabian Sea
Trip to Gokarna is something you cannot refuse to taste. Gokarna, a small pilgrimage town in Karnataka has grown into a tourist destination over the years, thanks to its stretch of beautiful, sandy beaches. With the advent of foreigners thronging it, it no longer remains a quaint temple town, but a thriving vacation spot Earlier known only for its famous Mahabaleshwar Temple, Gokarna gained popularity on the travel map through its secluded and laid back beaches (Gokarna Beach, Kudle Beach, Om Beach, Half Moon Beach and Paradise Beach) as laid back as Goa, only less commercial.
The name Gokarna conjures up images of long secluded beaches, serene sunsets, never ending horizons and expansive sea with a tinge of the local flavour and backpackers. The temple town is now an emerging beach destination that offers something to different types of tourists with its natural beauty and its history steeped in mythology.The long sandy stretches of Om Beach and Kudle Beach are a delight for every beach lover. The beaches offer breathtaking vistas of the expansive Arabian Sea and a never ending horizon.
Gokarna is also well known for its beach trek, a trail that connects all the five beaches across hillocks. With vantage points and breathtaking vistas all along, the trek is a must while on a jaunt in Gokarna. A couple of beaches are so secluded that they are only accessible either by trek or by a boat/catamaran. Witnessing countless beaches at Gokarna & experiencing the hippie culture, beach hopping, cafe hopping are thing that you cannot miss it from your bucket list.
Gokarna Trip Itinerary
Embark on an unforgettable adventure with our thrilling itinerary, designed to awaken your inner explorer and create memories that last a lifetime!
Day 0 (Friday) - Departure for Gokarna
Pune Participants (AC Sleeper Bus)
Starts at 7:25 PM from Wakad - Hinjewadi Bridge.
Pick up at Navale Bridge at 8:00 PM. Various Pick up points available as per the bus
Hyderabad Participants (AC Sleeper Bus)
Start at 3:30 PM from Miyapur. Various Pick up points available as per the bus
Mumbai Participants (AC Sleeper Bus)
Start at 3:15 PM from Borivali. Various Pick up points available as per the bus.
Bangalore Participants (sleeper bus)
Start from Yesvantpur Govardhan Theater at 10:30PM. Various Pick up points available as per the bus.
Pune Participants (AC Seater bus)
08:00 PM: Brace yourself for an epic journey as we kick off with a pickup from Pune Station.
08:30 PM: Pick up from Navle Bridge
Embark on an adventure as you meet our trek leaders at pickup points, setting the stage for an unforgettable journey.
Day 1 (Saturday) - Gokarna beach trek
- Morning 9:00AM - 11:00AM: Watch the scenery change as you enter the temple town of Gokarna.
- It’s time to start the day with some authentic South Indian breakfast.
- Check into our cosy hostel, transform into your trek attire, and savor an amazing thali lunch (Veg/non-veg/fish) at a hidden eatery at Gokarna.
- Time to explore the pristine beaches of Gokarna. Start your famous All-beach Trek from Kudle Beach / Paradise Beach as we explore all beaches on the way. There’s a beach you can’t go via road at all!
- Immerse yourself in beachside activities – whether it's a spirited game of football, frisbee, or a refreshing dip in the ocean.
- As evening falls, change into your party attire for an electrifying night filled with live music, a pulsating DJ, or engaging game sessions.
Day 2 (Sunday) - Honnavar and Murudeshwar
- Embark on a scenic journey to Honnavar for an enthralling backwaters boating experience, enjoying a delightful breakfast en route.
- Explore the majestic Murudeshwar temple, adding a touch of spirituality to your adventure.
- Commence the return journey after a last authentic South Indian lunch.
Day 3 (Monday) - Arrival
Arrive in Pune/Mumbai/Hyderabad/Bangalore, carrying with you cherished memories and the bonds of newfound friendships.
Pune to Pune by AC seater bus: Rs. 8499/- per person
Pune to Pune by AC sleeper bus: Rs. 9499/- per person
Mumbai to Mumbai by AC sleeper bus: Rs. 9499/- per person
Bangalore to Bangalore by sleeper bus: Rs. 8499/- per person
Hyderabad to Hyderabad by AC sleeper bus: Rs. 9499/- per person
Notes Regarding Booking
- Booking amount is Rs. 4000/- per person. (non-refundable)
- Balance amount to be paid 5 days prior to the trip
- Tour may get cancelled if enough bookings are not received (full refund or seat in another trip/, voucher of trip amount will be provided that can be redeemed anytime within 365 days of issue)
- The Mumbai/Pune/Hyderabad/Bangalore Volvo bus ticket fare is dynamic and will be higher if booked last moment, on long weekends, or on festival dates. So tour cost might change accordingly. Please book in advance to avoid paying extra.
What is included in the tour
- Travel as per selected option
- Local sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- 1 night accommodation on multi sharing basis
- 2 breakfast and 2 lunches
- Boating charges and entry fee
- Tour leader
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch / Dinner - as we want you to try out local Cuisines and seafood & not restrict to a particular restaurant, we have left that option to you.
- Liquor or hard drinks or soft drinks.
- Anything other than mentioned above inclusions.
- Food during bus journey
- Any Personal expenses
- Mineral Water.
- Activity such as Watersports
- Extra Meals such as fish & non-veg .
- Entry fee for foreign nationals.
- 2/3 liters of water bottle
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Extra pair of clothes, Towel, Jacket, etc.
- Warm clothes
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Proper footwear (shoes, flip flop, etc.)
- Proper haversack to put all these things
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
In case you need to cancel your plans for the trip due to avoidable/unavoidable reasons, please do notify us via email.
The cancellation charges will be as follows:
- The booking amount is non-refundable (Rs. 4000)
- Cancellations are done 60 days prior to the date of departure - No cancellation charge (booking amount not refundable)
- 60 to 46 days prior to date of departure: 20% of the tour cost
- 45 to 16 days prior to date of departure: 30% of the tour cost
- 15 to 8 days prior to date of departure: 50% of the tour cost
- Less than 7 days prior to date of departure: No refund
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Go Gokarna Gone?
Go Goa Gone? Nah. Go Go, Gokarna. For quite a while, Goa persisted as the perfect sabbatical destination in India for tourists who yearned for the beach, some sun and fun which lead to its over-commercialization and jam-packing. Gokarna's calm, untouched beaches helped it gain popularity. Gokarna is known as Goa's hipster equal due to its beautiful tropical beaches without crowded tourists. Unruffled beaches are ideal for surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling, parasailing, and jet skiing. This beautiful village offers adrenaline junkies and spiritual seekers adventure and excitement.
Gokarna's bantam township in Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, has transformed in recent years. The sandy shores, swaying palm trees, and wooden fishing boats have increased Gokarna's vacation business. Gokarna, which translates to "Cow's Ear" in Sanskrit, has some of India's most beautiful beaches due to its location on the Arabian Sea. Gokarna was a prominent South Indian pilgrimage town till recently. The town is popular with backpackers seeking quirky destinations and empty beaches.
Gokarna's grassy slopes along the white sand beachfront set it apart from most Indian beaches. The town is filled with ancient temples and sanctuaries. Ancient temples have unique architectural styles that match the pastoral houses in the major town.
A long end-of-week beach staycation meets an impromptu adventure in Gokarna. Its tranquilly, charm, and adrenaline-pumping liberties make it a bucket list destination. Gokarna's cultural sights are outstanding. Gokarna is the place to go for peace and an unusual beach experience. Go on treks, watch waves break on rocks as the sun sets, or relax and let time pass in Gokarna.
Best Time to Visit Gokarna?
Gokarna, a tropical beachfront town, is warm and humid. The best time to visit Gokarna is during the winter months, which are colourful, relaxing, and lush. Visit Gokarna from October to March. Most tourists visit from late November to early February. From March to June, the summers are hot and humid, and from July to September, when the monsoons are in full swing, it may rain every day.
From October to March, Gokarna is at its warmest. April and May are sticky months along the coast. The monsoon season isn't the best time to visit the beaches because they're untidy and have limited dining options. Post-rains, from September to December, is the finest season for water sports.
How to Reach Gokarna?
Gokarna via Road: If you are from Karnataka, you can opt for overnight buses linking from Bangalore, Mangalore, Udupi. There are also several bus services operating from Goa to Gokarna. One can catch straight buses to Gokarna from Mysore, Hyderabad, Panjim, Hubli, and Kochi. The drive to Gokarna is exceptionally scenic, and if you wish to drive, then you can also hire a personal cab or car from these cities to drive down directly to Gokarna. The town is about 59 kilometres from Karwar, 238 kilometres from Mangalore and 483 kilometres from Bengaluru.
Gokarna via Train: Gokarna has its own a railway station which is Gokarna Road, that is around 8 kilometres from the main town, but only a few trains go through it. Only the Matsyagandha express goes via Gokarna Road. Another close-by railway station to Gokarna is Kumta which is 31 kilometres and nearest railway station to Gokarna is Ankola located at a distance of about 20 kilometers which is well connected to major Indian cities and nearby areas.
Gokarna via Flight: Gokarna does not have an airport of its own. Hence, there is no airport to reach Gokarna directly. Due to Goa's proximity and accessibility, one can opt to fly down to Dabolim International Airport in Goa and hire a taxi to Gokarna. The distance from Dabolim airport in Goa to Gokarna is 157 kilometres. You can also reach Gokarna from Mangalore by air around 235 kilometres away from the Gokarna town or from Hubli airport, which is 147 kilometres from Gokarna.
Places to visit near Gokarna?
Nearby Places from Gokarna
One can explore Gokarna over 2 to 3 days, but if you have some more days in hand, some noteworthy nearby locations can be included in your Gokarna trip. Goa to Gokarna distance is 134.4 kilometers via NH 66
Vibhooti Waterfalls: Vibhooti is a little cascade close to Yana, around 50 kms from Sirsi North Kanara, Western Ghats. The falls got its name from the Limestone rock close by. The beautiful drop of water amid the lavish backwoods leaves one in amazement at the marvels of nature.
Yana Caves: Located a right way off 52 kilometres from Gokarna, Yana lies in Kumta town of North Karnataka. It is visited for its noteworthy sanctuaries arranged in obscurity limestone rock constructions of the western ghats. Yana is a petite town situated in Gokarna, whose sumptuous environmental factors and the rough landscape are ideal for exercises like cycling and travelling. Yana is famous for its unique stone developments called Karst or Asteroids.
Mirjan Fort: This fortification is found just 11 kilometres from Gokarna. A sixteenth-century fortress of Nawayath Sultanate is known for its history and greenery all over the post's dividers. The green spread gives an engaging perspective on the Western Ghats and Agahanashini River.
Murudeshwara: Famous for its enormous Shiva sculpture overseeing the ocean, Murudeshwara is situated at a distance of 78 kilometres from Gokarna. A sanctuary, the Shiva sculpture and the Murudeshwar seashore are the primary attractions here. The 123-ft. high Shiva sculpture is the second biggest Shiva sculpture on the planet and has become a milestone of Murudeshwar. Murudeshwar Temple is built on the slope of Kanduka. The sanctuary has a 20 celebrated gopura called the Raja Gopura. One can also plan a scuba diving experience to Netrani Islands.
Goa to murudeshwara distance is 191.6 kilometers via NH 66.
Karwar Beach and Sadashivgad Fort: An hour's drive from Gokarna, Karwar also has its novel seashores alongside the Naval base.
What are the best beaches in Gokarna?
Answer: Gokarna boasts beautiful and serene beaches, with popular ones like Kudle Beach, Om Beach, and Paradise Beach. Each offers a unique experience, from relaxation to water sports.
When is the best time to visit Gokarna for a vacation?
Answer: The ideal time to visit Gokarna is during the winter months, from October to March. This period offers pleasant weather and is perfect for beach activities.
How can I reach Gokarna by road?
Answer: Gokarna is well-connected by road. You can take overnight buses from cities like Bangalore, Mangalore, and Goa. Alternatively, you can hire a personal cab for a scenic drive to Gokarna.
Is there a railway station in Gokarna?
Answer: Yes, Gokarna has a railway station called Gokarna Road. However, only a few trains pass through it. The nearest major railway station is Ankola, located about 20 kilometers away.
Can I reach Gokarna by flight?
Answer: Gokarna does not have its own airport. Travelers often choose to fly to Dabolim International Airport in Goa and then hire a taxi to Gokarna, which is around 157 kilometers away.
What are some nearby places to visit from Gokarna?
Answer: You can explore nearby attractions like Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana Caves, Mirjan Fort, Murudeshwara, and Karwar Beach. These places offer a mix of natural beauty and historical sites.
Which beach in Gokarna is best for water sports and adventure activities?
Answer: If you're into water sports and adventure, Om Beach in Gokarna is the place to be. It offers activities like surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, parasailing, and jet skiing for adrenaline junkies.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )