A cave fort in the sahyadri ranges, accessible from Lonavla, karjat and pune, is truly one of the offbeat treks in Maharashtra. A cave broached in a vertical wall, is a home of Bhairavnath temple, which offers the astounding views of surrounding jungle and so many famous spots in lonavala like Rajmachi, Dukes nose etc. A trek to dhak Bahiri is a surprise on every step due to changing terrains from grasslands to plateau walk to dense forest and ending with semi technical vertical rock patch. Steel wires, fixed ropes have been attached and steps have been carved in the rock for the safe climb to the caves.
Batches for Dhak Bahiri Trek
- Height of the Trek: 2,700 Feet
- Activity Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Group Size: Medium Groups
- Km: 8 km One Way
Board Train from CST Station - Sinhagad Express 11009
For Pune Participants
Board Train from Pune to lonavala local from Pune Jn. at 5:15pm
Day 1 – Lonavala Station to Jambhiwali Village
6:00 pm: Pick up Mumbai trekkers from Lonavala Station and drive kamshet station by tempo traveller
7:00 pm: Pick up pune trekkers at kamshet station
8:00 pm: Reach Jambhiwali village and enjoy welcome drink.
8:30 pm: Tent allocation
9:00 pm: Dinner
10:00 - 11:00 pm: A short workshop on trekking, backpacking, mountain safety and basic medication and camp fire.
11:00 pm on wards- Free time and lights off
Day 2 - Jambhiwali Village to Dhak Bahiri & back to Lonavala Station
5:30 am: Wakeup call
5:30 - 6:30 am: Time for morning chores.
6:30 - 7:00 am: Tea and breakfast.
7:00 am: Start trek to Dhak Bahiri .
9:30 am: Reach Dhak Bahiri
9:30-10:30 am: Time for quick snack and to enjoy the view.
10:30-1:00 pm: Trek from Dhak Bahiri to Jambhiwali.
1:00-2:00 pm: Lunch
2:00 pm: Return journey from Jambhiwali to kamshet and Lonavala.
3:00 pm: Reach Kamshet
4:00 pm: Reach lonavala.
What is included in the tour
- Evening tea, dinner, breakfast, snacks during trek, lunch (VEG)
- Transport from Lonavala/ kamshet to jambhiwali and return.
- Medical Kit
- Trek Leaders Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Packaged drinking water and other beverages.
- 1 Pair of socks
- Sun Cap
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 35 ltr
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines to Carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)