Amboli ghat is a hill station situated in sindhudurg district of Maharashtra, it’s a hot-spot for brimming wildlife such as reptiles, amphibians and many other macro subjects.
Wide variety of amphibians include amboli bush frog, Malabar gliding frog, bicolored frog also reptiles such as green vine snake, beddomes keel back, Deccan banded gecko etc can be found in amboli ghat.
Join us to explore this amazing wilderness and experience macro photography on the field, these trails will include walking through cold mountain water streams, heavy rain, thick fog cover etc. Thrilling as it might be, there might be various challenges to photograph these macro subjects.
- Arrival at Sawantwadi station (at 12pm preferred train Tutari exp 11003) pick-up to Amboli ghat, Reach Amboli ghat and check in, evening trail at Mahadev ghad road, followed by dinner.
- Breakfast and visit Amboli botanical garden to explore frogs, insects and other macro subject’s photography till lunch, after lunch rest. Night trail towards Chaukul village accompanied by local expert.
- Breakfast and morning local trail, leave towards Sawantwadi railway station. (drop at 4pm, Tutari exp 11004).
What is included in the tour
- Triple sharing accommodations.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) at Amboli.
- All applicable taxes.
- All entry-fees and guide charges.
- ST charges from Sawantwadi to Amboli and back.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost to Sawantwadi and back home.
- Travel meals.
- Any kinds of personal expenditure or extra meals.
- Bottled water, soft-drinks etc.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Anything not included in inclusion list.
1. Things to do in Amboli Ghat
- Macro Photography
- Nature Trails at Amboli Forest Park
- Visit Amboli Ghat Waterfalls
- Enjoy Local Food
2. Places To Visit In Amboli Ghat
- Amboli Falls
- Shirgaonkar Point
- Shri Hiranyakeshwar Temple
- Nangarta Falls
- Amboli Sunset Point
- Amboli Forest Park
- Mahadevgad Valley Parpoli
- Parikshit Point, Amboli
3. How to Reach Amboli Ghat
- Nearest airport is located in Goa
- Trains from most major cities come to Sawantwadi Railway Station, Amboli is located 30 km away
- Drive from Mumbai / Pune / Goa / Belgaum using google maps
4. Best time to visit Amboli Ghat
- Monsoon is the best time to visit Amboli weather is much cooler and forest around the ghat is filled with wildlife activity