Geared up for a new adventure. We call upon the survivors to explore the most difficult trek in the Sahyadri. An adventure to explore the path less taken. Come on pack your bags, and join the adventure.
About Alang fort:
Alang Fort (also Alangad) is a fort in Nashik district, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. They are the most difficult to reach forts in Nasik District. A dense forest cover make these treks difficult. These three forts are a little neglected due to very heavy rains in the area and a difficult confusing path to the forts
About Kulang fort:
Being in the same region of the three forts its said climb to Kulag is the most difficult. On the way up climbing we come across patches of rock cut steps. It take 6 hours to reach from Kulanwadi to the fort. On the fort to see around 5 water cisterns. Form here we could also see Mahuli with the 3 pinacles. One can also stay at the caves here.
About Madan fort:
The climb preferred is usually between Madan and Alang. The time taken could around 3-4 hours to reach the step after leaving Kulung fort. Over here rock climbing would be required as the wall of the steps was destroyed during the cannon fire. Use of a fixed rope is required. There is one large cave on this fort and 2 water cistern. The top of the fort is a huge plateau. On the fort, there are two caves, a small temple and 11 water cisterns. Remnants of buildings are spread over the fort. Kalasubai, Aundh Fort, Patta and Bitangad are to the east of the fort, Harihar, Trimbakgad and Anjaneri to its north and Harishchandragad, Aajobagad, Khutta (pinnacle), Ratangad and Katrabai to its south.
AMK Trek from Pune Details
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Endurance Level: Very high
- Food Arrangement: Take pack lunch and drinking water along. It's a long trek.
- Transport: Limited frequency of ST buses are available till the village road end
- Height of forts: 4852 - 4841 - 4822 ft
- Base Village: Kulangwadi
- District: Nashik
- Region: Igatpuri - Kalsubai
- Route from Pune: Pune - Nashik phata - Naarayangoan - Kotul - Udadhawane - Alang
- Route from Mumbai: Mumbai - Kasara - Sakurli - Ambewadi - Alang
- Distance from Mumbai: 145 km approx.
- Distance from Pune: 175 km approx.
Alang Madan Kulang Trek Itinerary
09:45 pm - Meet us at McDonald's, Deccan. (https://goo.gl/maps/vDqyKCHanhSMxG1M6)
10:00 pm - Move towards base village.
10:10 pm - Pick up at New Shivaji nagar bus stop. (https://goo.gl/maps/SfmCVQFKPsGLZtcc7)
10:20 pm - Pick up at Nashik Phata. (https://goo.gl/maps/3FkGAuJrKrkip2wj6)
05:00 am - Reach at base village.
05:30 am - Have breakfast.
06:00 am - Start the trek.
09:00 am - Reach at the Alang fort.
01:00 pm - Basic local lunch on the trek.
03:00 pm - Climbing Madan fort.
08:00 pm - Dinner.
05:00 am - Wake up.
06:00 am - Tea and breakfast.
07:00 am - Rappelling Madan fort.
10:00 am - Reach Kulang fort.
11:00 am - Descend the Kulang fort.
02:00 pm - Reach at base village and have lunch.
03:00 pm - Start return journey towards Pune.
11:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune.
- Please carry 2-3 liters water compulsory, as there is no water source on the trek.
- Good torch with extra batteries (no mobile torch)
- Wear shoes with good grip
- No washrooms available on this trek
- High endurance required for this trek
- Prior trekking experience is required for this trek
- It is technical trek
- BMI should be below 30.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by private non-Ac vehicle.
- Day 1 - 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch and 1 veg dinner
- Day 2 - 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Technical Equipment
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Dinner on Day 0 and Day 2
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate and a swiss-knife.
- 3 litres of water. (compulsory)
- Sleeping bag, sleeping matt, bed sheets. (compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery. (compulsory)
- Proper trekking shoes with good grip. (compulsory)
- Extra clothes, napkin
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Proper backpack
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Winter jacket and cap
- Power banks
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.