Alang Madan Fort Trek
We would be covering these two massive forts in two days the whole idea is to spend time on these forts and explore them.
Alang Fort height 4852 feet The beautiful Alang Fort lies in the Nashik region. Top of the fort is a huge plateau. There are two caves on the fort for staying and 11 water cisterns arranged in a Cascade formation & a dilapidated storage room.
Mandan Fort height 4841 feet Madangad is considered to be one of the most difficult forts to climb among all the forts in the Sahyadri. The area of the fort is quite small as compared to Alang and Kulang, its adjoining forts. There are only two water tanks on top of the fort. The area visible from the top of the fort is quite scenic.
Alang Fort - Madan Fort - Trek Details
- Fort Type - Hill Forts
- Alang Fort Height - 4852 feet
- Madan Fort Height - 4900 feet
- Alang Fort Madan Fort Trek Grade and Difficulty Tough
- District Ahmednagar
- Region Kalsubai and Harishchandragad Forest Sanctuary
- Base Village Ambewadi
Alang Madan Fort Trek Details
Day Zero Friday Night
Please board the Kasara Local on Central Railway Line
Timings are given below you can use m-indicator app to learn about arriving platform
- 10:50 pm CST
- 11:05 pm Dadar
- 11:30 pm Ghatkopar
- 11:34 pm Thane
- 12:07 pm Kalyan
- 01:18 am Kasara
Day One - Saturday
01:30 am Meet at Kasara Railway Station near ticket counter
01:40 am Start journey in a local jeep from Kasara Railway Station till Ambewadi village
03:00 am Reach Village and Rest
07:00 am Introduction and begin Alang Madan trek
11:00 am reach the col between Alang Fort and Madan Fort till 11:00 am
11:30 am Climb Madan fort & explore
03:00 pm Descend Madan Fort
04:00 pm Climb Alang fort
06:00 pm Explore & Stay inside Alang Fort Caves
Day Two - Sunday
05:00 am Wake up for sunrise
06:00 am Watch the sunrise and explore the remaining fort
08:00 am Breakfast & start descending by 9:00 am.
04:00 pm Have lunch in Igatpuri.
05:00 pm Reach Kasara
What's in it for me?
- Overnight trek
- Night photography
- Offbeat trek
We also have Alang Madan Kulang Trek you can learn more here.
What is included in the tour
- Travel expenditure from Kasara to Kasara
- 2 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch 1 veg dinner,
- Equipment, expertise
- Local guide charges
- Local Forest Fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- Emergency Medical evacuations if any required
- Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
Things to carry - Alang Madan Trek
- 3 Litres of water, Torch with Extra batteries, Cap Camera (optional),
- Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
- Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
- Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes.
- Polythene bag for your garbage, 2 - 3 bunch of papers (Optional).
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.).
- Sleeping bag, sleeping matt, bed sheets.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek.
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that our hands are free while trekking.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
- Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
- Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
- Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
- Email - email@example.com
- Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
- Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
- Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
- Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only