Treks and Trails, India is going for a one day trek to Karnala Sunday 15th June 2014
Height: 1500 ft
Type: Hill Fort
Minimum: 07 participants
Karnala fort is a hill fort in Raigad district about 13 km from Panvel. Located in within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. It was a fort of strategic importance. Redeemed with the power struggle of many rulers, Karnala Fort stands as a specimen of the 13th century constructions. The fort was sparingly used by the Karnala rulers including Angres, Mudhan and Peshwas until 1818, by which time British rulers have taken over the grand old fort under their control.
08:00 Assembly at Panvel Station
08:15 Reach Panvel state transport depot.
09:00 Reach Karnala base by ST bus / Tum-tum and start trek
10:30 Summit and explore
01:00 Start decend
15:30 Disperse at Panvel ST depot.
We would be getting back to Panvel Depot at approx 17:30.
The cost of this trek would be Rs. 250.00 per head only and would include:
Panvel – Karnala – Panvel by tumtum / ST, Sanctuary entry fee, Treks and Trails, India charges if any.
AVOID USING PERFUMES AND DEO ESPECIALLY FOR THIS TREK.
***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. *****
Please don’t wear floaters or slippers during hiking & STRICTLY wear good shoes or footwear; it’s for your own safety. Carry and wear two pairs of socks to avoid blisters.
Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags during trekking.
At the forest entry – point, All plastic bottles will be Counted. A deposit amount will be paid. In case, if any participant member forget his bottle in the sanctuary and is unable to produce the bottle on return then it attracts a penalty of Rs 1000.00.
List of things required:
1. Haversack to keep hands free. 2lts water. Personal medicines if any.
2. Packed lunch. Camera (Optional). Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery.
3. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder some snacks & biscuits.
4. Wear good trekking shoes.
5. Umbrellas, wind cheater for those who do not want to get wet.
*No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact PLEASE send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops not allowed. Short pants/ hot pants not allowed.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )