Kudremukh is a mountain range and name of a peak located in Chikkamagaluru district, in Karnataka, India. It is also the name of a small hill station cum mining town situated near the mountain, about 48 kilometres from Karkalla and around 20 kilometres from Kalasa. The name Kudremukh literally means 'horse-face' (Kannada) and refers to a particular picturesque view of a side of the mountain that resembles a horse's face. It was also referred to as 'Samseparvata', historically since it was approached from Samse village. Kudremukha is Karnataka's 3rd highest peak after Mullayangiri and Baba Budangiri.
Batches for Kudremukh:
- 3rd 4th February 2018
- 10th 11th February 2018
- 24th 25th February 2018
Nearest Town: Kalasa
Duration of the event: Two Day
Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Moderate
Total distance: 21 Km (Half Marathon Distance) Approx (Both the ways)
Transportation: Provided by “T&T”
Food: Provided by “T&T”2 Breakfast – 1 Lunch 1 Dinner
Cost: Rs 3100
Friday Night - (Day 0)
09:30PM - Pick-up at Indiranagar
09:45PM - Pick-up at New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
10:00PM - Pick-up at Lifestyle, Margrath Road (Near Garuda Mall)
Saturday- (DAY 1)
05:30 AM - Reach Kudremukh National Park.
07:30 AM - Check the homestay, have breakfast, Brief byTrek Leader and start the trek.
12:30 AM - Reach the top. Catch the view of Kudremukh Falls, spend some time there.
01:00 PM - Descend towards homestay
05:00 PM - Reach homestay and have snacks and hot tea.
08:00 PM - Dinner and campfire (optional).
Sunday- (DAY 2)
07:00 AM - Have breakfast and head to visit Somavati falls.
09:00 AM - If time permits we will explore the local market and buy tea powder and coffee beans for our loved ones.
11:30 AM - Depart for Bangalore and Reach by 9:30 PM (approx.).
- Transportation (Non-AC) to and fro from Bangalore
- Sharing basis accommodation in homestay.
- Permission from Forest Dept.
- Food – 2 Breakfast – 1 Lunch 1 Dinner
- Jeep Ride
- Campfire (optional)
- Any kind of insurance. Personal Expense:( snacks, mineral water etc).
- Anything not included in the inclusions above.
How to Register
Batches for Kudremukh:
3rd 4th February 2018 - Buy Tickets -
10th 11th February 2018 - Buy Tickets -
24th 25th February 2018 - Buy Tickets -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs 3100 per person for in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Please call for any clarification:
- Trek and Trails Mumbai Number: 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- While at the trek-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rules:
- Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
- Although the camp-site is secure with partial fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without organizer’s permission.
- Use Site, Equipment’s and Tents with precaution’s – Any Damages to Tents will recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person).
- Use of white small torch should be minimal, it should be covered with Red Cellophane paper for reading Night Sky Maps.
- Please do respect the belongings of others at the campsite and avoid damaging any articles, tents, etc. Any Damage to Tent will be recovered from the participant.
- Use of mobile phone and camera with flash is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
- Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. HUMAN EYE requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera and accessories) etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.