About Tringalwadi Fort Trek
Tringalwadi Fort is located near Igatpuri. Thal Ghat's ancient trade route passes through it. Tringalwadi is a comfortable one-day trek ideal for new hikers. Talewadi village is located near the fort, Tringalwadi Dam is famous for camping nearby. The endurance required for this trek is medium, and trek difficulty is easy to medium.
How to reach Tringalwadi Fort?
The village Tringalwadi has been established seven km from Igatpuri hill station on NH160. Tringalwadi can be easily navigated via google maps now. Two routes lead you to the base village one via Igatpuri town and second through Ghoti village and then Balayaduri village. Tringalwadi Fort is a mesa rock formation. The trek is straightforward and takes about 60 minutes to reach the top of the fort from the village. The presence of the caves indicates that the caves and the fort might be constructed around the 10th century. The fort was built to overlook the trade route which connected Konkan to the Nashik area.
Places to see at Tringalwadi Fort
At the foothills of the fort is a cave called Pandav Leni with a beautifully carved entrance and a stone idol of Rishabhanatha in the Garbha Gruha. The cave has a large Sabha Mandapa. The western entrance to the fort is a unique structure of architecture. The steps and the entrance gate are carved from a single rock. There is an idol of veer Hanuman or Maruti near the entrance gate and two Sharabha idols carved on the top of the entrance gate. On the fort are ruins of old buildings and a small Bhavani Mata temple. There are caves and a rock-cut water cistern on the western side of the hillock on the fort.
One Day Monsoon Trek to Tringalwadi Fort Event Details
- Tringalwadi fort difficulty level: Medium grade with Normal Endurance
- Tringalwadi fort base village: Tringalwadi
- Tringalwadi fort height: 3238 feet above the sea level
- Region: Igatpuri
- Time required to climb Tringalwadi Fort: 1 - 1.5 hour
- Cost: Rs. 1299/- per person
Tringalwadi Fort Trek Itinerary
Day One ( Kindly reach 15 minutes early for your pickup )
- 05:10 Meet the trek guides at SGNP main gate, Borivali.
- 05:15 Leave for the Tringalwadi trek.
- 05:35 Pick up at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
- 05:50 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 06:10 Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 06:45 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
- 07:10 Pick up at Kalyan bypass.
- 08:30 Breakfast along the way at Restaurant
Tringalwadi Trek Short Itinerary
- 10:00 Reach the Tringalwadi Fort Trek base village.
- 10:15 Introduction with the group and trek leader and Information about the trek.
- 10:30 Trek to the Tringalwadi Caves and Fort begins.
- 11:00 Explore the Tringalwadi Caves and Enjoy the beautiful views.
- 13:30 Reach the top and explore. Have packed lunch.
- 14:30 Start descending to the Base village.
- 16:00 Reach at the base village.
- 16:30 Start return journey towards Mumbai.
- 22:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
Experience the beauty of one of Igatpuri's most famous forts! The Tringalwadi Trek is a great way to explore Igatpuri green plateaus, ancient caves, waterfalls, and the monsoon season. A trekking tour will take you through beautiful green plateaus, past waterfalls, and up into the mountains. Along the way, you'll experience the monsoon in all its glory. The Tringalwadi Trek is a great way to experience Maharashtra's rainy season in all its glory. Join us on our next trekking tour.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel by private non-Ac vehicle (with transport option)
- Entry charges
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Mask and sanitizer (must)
- Carry packed lunch
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Join other adventurers and explore the Tringalwadi Fort Trek and Tringalwadi Caves. Experience the beauty of Igatpuri and the monsoon season. Be a part of a fantastic adventure. Explore Igatpuri beauty with this weekend trek.
The monsoon season is a fantastic time to visit Igatpuri. It's the perfect time to explore the city and get a feel for its traditional culture and history. The city has many forts, lakes, dam, caves and temples, which are worth exploring during this time of year. Spend some time taking in the natural beauty of the region by going on a hike in this beautiful part of Maharashtra.
Can we visit Tringalwadi Dam?
Due to the limited time available, we won't be able to visit the dam.
Tringalwadi Fort Height?
Fort is located at 3238 feet above sea level.
Are toilets available on the trek route?
Toilets won't be available on the trek route.
Are trekking shoes compulsory for the trek?
Monsoon treks are slippery trekking shoes that provide good protection against rocks and have anti-skid soles.
Tringalwadi Fort distance from Mumbai?
131 km from Mumbai easily available on google maps
Tringalwadi Fort distance from Pune?
256 km from Mumbai easily available on google maps
Tringalwadi fort trek difficulty?
Easy to Medium grade, Medium endurance required.
Tringalwadi Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek to Nashik & Igatpuri
A Monsoon trek to Tringalwadi Fort, with a beautiful Jain cave at its foothills. Located in the Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district, perfect for a family outing.
Tringalwadi fort is located in the Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district. It is located on the ancient trade route passing through Thal ghat. The fort is located near village Tringalwadi. The Tringalwadi irrigation dam which is close to the village was built in 1978.
Sahyadri has spread one of its wings to the west in the Igatpuri region on which lie the forts like Kavnai, Balwantgad, and Tringalwadi. Read all about the beautiful Tringalwadi Fort. Find out about its history, location, surroundings and how to reach it.
Behind the Ghatandevi Temple lies the Tringalwadi Fort, situated at an altitude of 3000 feet above sea level.
Situated at an altitude of 3000 feet above sea level, Tringalwadi Fort at Igatpuri is an architectural marvel.
Tringalwadi is a small nondescript fort with a beautiful Jain cave at its foothills. It is an easy-grade trek perfect for a family outing. The village Tringalwadi is the base village for the Tringalwadi Fort trek, which is about 3 km from the fort. The climb is very easy and takes about 1.5 hours. It's one of the famous treks of the Igatpuri region and Nashik district. Tringalwadi fort also houses the beautifully carved ancient Pandavleni caves.
Incoming Search Terms related to Tringalwadi: tringalwadi dam, tringalwadi fort trek difficulty, tringalwadi fort images, tringalwadi fort trek blog, tringalwadi trek review, igatpuri to tringalwadi, tringalwadi fort trekshitiz, igatpuri caves