Tringalwadi Fort Trek
Tringalwadi Fort is located in the Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district. It is located on the ancient trade route passing through Thal ghat. The fort is located near village Tringalwadi. The Tringalwadi irrigation dam which is close to the village was built in 1978
Tringalwadi Fort Information
- Base Village Talewadi, Igatpuri
- Tringalwadi Fort Type Hill Fort
- Tringalwadi Fort Difficulty Moderate Endurance Medium required
- Trail Tringalwadi Normal marked trail
- Duration 1 day
- Best season Monsoon
How to reach Tringalwadi Fort
The village Tringalwadi is located 7 km from Igatpuri. Igatpuri is located on Mumbai Nashik Railway route as well as National Highway NH 160. There are two routes to reach the village Tringalwadi from Igatpuri first one passes through Igatpuri town and the other is by taking a northern exit to NH160 at Ghoti, further passing through village Balayaduri. The Tringalwadi fort is located on a hill which runs north - south. It is a mesa rock formation. The climb is very easy and takes about 60 minutes to reach the top of the fort from the village.
The presence of the caves indicate that the caves and the fort might be constructed around 10th century. The fort was built to overlook the trade route which connected Konkan to Nashik area.
Places to see at Tringalwadi Fort
At the foothills of the fort is a cave called Pandav Leni with beautifully carved entrance and a stone idol of Rishabhanatha in the Garbha Gruha. The cave has a large Sabha Mandapa. the western entrance to the fort is a unique structure of architecture. The steps and the entrance gate is carved from a single rock. There is an idol of veer Hanuman or Maruti near the entrance gate and two Sharabha idols carved on the top of the entrance gate. On the fort are ruins of old buildings and a small Bhavani mata temple.There is a cave and a rock cut water cistern on the western side of the hillock on the fort.
Tringalwadi Fort Trek Itinerary
Please board the below local train
Kasara Fast Local - Central Railway Line
- Mumbai (CST) - 06:55 am
- Dadar - 07:08 am
- Ghatkopar - 07:19 am
- Mulund - 07:30 am
- Thane - 07:34 am
- Dombivali -07:47 am
- Kalyan - 07:55 am
- Kasara - 09:11 am
Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near ticket counter
- 09:15 am Meet Trek Leader at Kasara Railway Station
- 09:30 am We move towards base village in local jeeps
- 10:00 am Breakfast on the way
- 11:15 am Reach Tringalwadi Fort Base Village
- 11:30 am Start trek towards Tringalwadi
- 13:00 pm Reach top of Tringalwadi
- 14:00 pm Lunch Explore the fort
- 15:00 pm Start descend.
- 16:30 pm Travel from Talewadi to Kasara by Jeep
- 18:00 pm Evening Tea and snacks
- 18:30 pm Disperse at Kasara railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Kasara to Kasara by Jeep
- Breakfast & evening tea
- Trek Leader, Guide and other Expertise.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Please carry Lunch
- Personal expenses are not covered in cost
- Any Insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions is not cover in cost