About Tringalwadi Fort Trek
Tringalwadi Fort is located near Igatpuri. Thal Ghat ancient trade route passes through it. Tringalwadi is a comfortable one-day trek ideal for new hikers. Talewadi village is located near the fort, Tringalwadi Dam is famous for camping nearby. The endurance required for this trek is medium, and trek difficulty is easy to medium.
How to reach Tringalwadi Fort?
The village Tringalwadi established 7 km from Igatpuri hill station on NH160. Tringalwadi can be easily navigated via the google maps now. Two routes lead you to the base village one via Igatpuri town and second through Ghoti village and then Balayaduri village. Fort is a mesa rock formation. The trek is straightforward and takes about 60 minutes to reach the top of the fort from the village. The presence of the caves indicate that the caves and the fort might be constructed around the 10th century. The fort was built to overlook the trade route which connected Konkan to Nashik area.
Places to see at Tringalwadi Fort
At the foothills of the fort is a cave called Pandav Leni with beautifully carved entrance and a stone idol of Rishabhanatha in the Garbha Gruha. The cave has a large Sabha Mandapa. The western entrance to the fort is a unique structure of architecture. The steps and the entrance gate is carved from a single rock. There is an idol of veer Hanuman or Maruti near the entrance gate and two Sharabha idols carved on the top of the entrance gate. On the fort are ruins of old buildings and a small Bhavani Mata temple. There are caves and a rock-cut water cistern on the western side of the hillock on the fort.
One Day Trek to Tringalwadi Fort Event Details
- Tringalwadi fort difficulty level : Medium
- Tringalwadi fort base village : Tringalwadi
- Tringalwadi fort height : 3238 ft.
- Region : Igatpuri
- Time required to climb Tringalwadi fort : 1-1.5 hour
- Cost: Rs. 900/- per person
Tringalwadi Fort Trek Itinerary
Please board the below local train you can use the mindicator app for train details
Kasara Fast Local - Central Railway Line
- 10:50 pm - Mumbai (CSMT)
- 11:05 pm - Dadar
- 11:18 pm - Ghatkopar
- 11:30 pm - Mulund
- 11:34 pm - Thane
- 11:57 pm - Dombivali
- 12:07 am - Kalyan
- 01:18 am - Kasara
01:20 Trek Leader will meet you at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter.
01:30 We will move towards the base village in local jeeps.
03:30 Reach Tringalwadi Fort Base Village.
04:30 Start trek towards Tringalwadi.
06:00 Reach top of Tringalwadi, explore the fort.
07:30 Start to descend.
09:00 Reach base village and have your breakfast.
09:30 Travel from back to Kasara by Jeep.
11:00 Disperse at Kasara railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Kasara to Kasara by local Jeep
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Trek Leader, Guide and other Expertise.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
1. Can we visit Tringalwadi Dam?
Due to the limited time available, we won't be able to visit the dam.
2. Tringalwadi Fort Height?
Fort is located at 3238 feet above sea level.
3. Are toilets available on the trek route?
Toilets won't be available on the trek route.
4. Are trekking shoes compulsory for the trek?
Monsoon treks are slippery trekking shoes provide good protection against rocks and have anti-skid soles.
5. Tringalwadi Fort distance from Mumbai?
131 km from Mumbai easily available on google maps
6. Tringalwadi Fort distance from Pune?
256 km from Mumbai easily available on google maps
7. Tringalwadi fort trek difficulty?
Easy to Medium grade, Medium endurance required.
Tringalwadi Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek to Nashik & Igatpuri
A Monsoon trek to Tringalwadi Fort, with a beautiful Jain cave at its foothills. Located in the Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district, perfect for a family outing.
Tringalwadi fort is located in the Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district. It is located on the ancient trade route passing through Thal ghat. The fort is located near village Tringalwadi. The Tringalwadi irrigation dam which is close to the village was built in 1978.
Sahyadri has spread one of its wings to the west in the Igatpuri region on which lie the forts like Kavnai, Balwantgad and Tringalwadi.
Read all about the beautiful Tringalwadi Fort. Find out about its history, location, surroundings and how to reach it.
Behind the Ghatandevi Temple lies the Tringalwadi Fort, situated at an altitude of 3000 ft above sea level.
Situated at an altitude of 3000 feet above the sea level, Tringalwadi Fort at Igatpuri is an architectural marvel.
Tringalwadi is a small nondescript fort with a beautiful Jain cave at its foothills. It is an easy grade trek perfect for a family outing.
The village Tringalwadi is the base village for the Tringalwadi Fort trek, which is about 3 km from the fort. The climb is very easy and takes about 1.5 hours.
Its one of the famous treks of Igatpuri region and Nashik district. Tringalwadi fort also houses the beautifully carved ancient Pandavleni caves.
Incoming Search Terms related to Tringalwadi: tringalwadi dam, tringalwadi fort trek difficulty, tringalwadi fort images, tringalwadi fort trek blog, tringalwadi trek review, igatpuri to tringalwadi, tringalwadi fort trekshitiz, igatpuri caves