Stargazing near Mumbai
Mumbaikar has always had a fascination with cosmic objects. It can be challenging to view celestial bodies in a big, busy city like Mumbai due to cloud coverage and light pollution. But many places allow stargazers from Mumbai to improve their stargazing skills. The main draw is that experts are on hand at Treks and Trails Stargazing Mumbai events to help you get familiarized with the spectacles of the sky. From nearby planets to far-away constellations, sleuthing out the nighttime skies is more exciting when you're in competent hands.
You can observe double stars, sunspots, occultations of asteroids by the Moon, and even discover comets and other transient astronomical events in other galaxies!
Brief Itinerary Stargazing Mumbai
Stargazing Mumbai is fun! Stargazing is the study of objects in the night sky like planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulas. Stargazing at night provides us a chance to see the vastness of our Universe. Please chat with us to learn more about our upcoming stargazing near Mumbai event!
Day one - Stargazing Mumbai and Camping
For those coming by own transport kindly reach the campsite by 04.30 pm. We will provide the navigation GPS coordinates.
Board local from Mumbai CSMT on Saturday for Asangaon
Train timings CSMT - Asangaon Slow Local
- 02:17 pm CSMT
- 02:31 pm Dadar
- 01:58 pm Kurla
- 02:39 pm Ghatkopar
- 02:59 pm Thane
- 03:13 pm Dombivli
- 03:24 pm Kalyan
- 04:00 pm Asangaon
Stargazing near Mumbai details
- 04.00 pm: Meet our Stargazing Mumbai Team at Asangaon railway station and begin travel to the base by local jeeps.
- 05.00 pm: Reach Stargazing camping site Dehne base village.
- 05.30 pm: Have a cup of tea, relax at the campsite, and later learn how to pitch your tents.
- 06.00 pm: Watch the relishing sunset.
- 07.00 pm: Start your astronomy and star photography session 1.
- 09.30 pm: Take a dinner break in between.
- 11:00 pm - Continue to enjoy the second stargazing session and witness the magic of the sky through the telescope.
- 01:00 am - You can try astrophotography.
- 03:00 am - Retire for the night and take a rest in tents.
Day Two - Stargazing camps Mumbai
- 06:30 am - Wake up call.
- 08:00 am - Have breakfast around and play fun games and group activities.
- 10:00 am - Check-out camps and prepare to leave for Asangaon.
- 11:00 am - Reach Asangaon and disperse.
- In the case of the Cloudy Sky, the Event will not be canceled and will continue with Campfire Activities and Information session.
- Observation depends on subject to availability of objects & weather conditions.
- No refund on cancellation & postponed of shows due to BAD Cloudy /Rainy Climate.
- Please follow all covid-19 safety guidelines and reach the base village on time for those coming by their vehicle.
- Due to the above issue, if you come late or cannot come, we will not provide any refund.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Stargazing and Camping at Dehne; no refund will be provided.
Why is Dehne village considered the best place for stargazing in Mumbai?
Stargazing is 'the act of gazing at the night sky especially with the naked eye. It would be best if you had a night sky with significantly less light pollution and smog. Dehne village is situated very close to Mumbai and offers the best condition for Stargazing Mumbai and camping.
Stargazing is probably the oldest practice of humanity. And now you can do this with your friends, family, and kids. Join us to experience this awesomeness. Create memories like camping, stargazing, photography, family time. Stargazing with kids is something you must experience.
Best places near Mumbai for stargazing?
Best places near Mumbai for stargazing in a safe and comfortable environment with an unobstructed view of Planest, Moons, stars, and Milky Way. Below list can also be used for best stargazing places in Maharashtra.
- Dehne Stargazing and Camping
- Mahuli Stargazing
- Igatpuri Stargazing
- Naneghat Stargazing
- Vaitarna Stargazing
- Bhandardara Stargazing
- Suryamaal Stargazing
- Malshej Ghat Stargazing
- Ghatghar Stargazing
- SGNP Stargazing
Learn how to use a telescope and capture stunning photographs of the night sky. We arrange stargazing trips with telescopes and binoculars, enthusiastic and friendly tour guides, and Astronomy experts will make your experience exciting and memorable.
Stargazing with telescopes and binoculars allows you to view the sky and stargaze like a pro. Stargazing is a great activity for kids and adults. It is also ideal for beginners and experts to stargaze. Please chat with us to book your Stargazing events in Mumbai.
Are you stargazing camping near Mumbai?
Yes, we will be camping and stargazing near Mumbai. We help you explore the wonders of the Universe; with telescopes, you can observe constellations, stars, Moon, and planets. Stargazing Mumbai enables you to find the perfect spot for stargazing and camping around Mumbai. Find out information on where to go, what to expect, and what gear to take.
Best Destinations for Stargazing India?
Any place with less industrialization will be ideal for stargazing as there will less light pollution and smog in the sky. Stargazing is a fascinating hobby that teaches you about the Universe and your place in it. It is a fantastic way for families and friends to bond over a shared experience. If you are a beginner, Please check the below list, which will give you tips on the best places to go stargazing in India.
- Leh Ladakh and Kargil
- Gulmarg Kashmir
- Lahaul and Spiti Valley
- Rann of Kutch
- Kedarkantha Trek
- Tirthan Valley
- Ambolgad Beach Konkan
Frequently asked questions Stargazing near Mumbai
1. How many people do you accommodate in one tent?
We accommodate two people in one tent, and we also have a three-person tent if required. Would you please carry two-bed sheets to use inside the tent?
2. How are the toilets at the Stargazing campsite?
Toilets are clean, Indian style there is water scarcity in the rural villages.
3. What will the group size be for the Stargazing Mumbai and camping event?
We take anywhere between 20 to 30 people to our events. Proper arrangements are made for experts and telescopes as per the group size.
4. Can we drive using our private vehicle to the Stargazing Mumbai campsite?
Yes, we will provide navigation maps coordinates to reach the campsite. Please arrive on time we will start with the program in case you are late.
5. Do you provide meals in the Stargazing Mumbai package?
Yes, we provide veg home-cooked meals during the stargazing Mumbai camping. Jain food will be available with prior requests; kindly inform in comments at the time of booking or email us or whatsapp us.