Spiti Valley unknown destination on the tourist map, Cold desert with rugged mountains and snow-capped peaks welcomes you. Valley is a difficult place to live.
On your road trip, you can experience Ancient Monastery, Rugged Mountains, Quaint villages, Stay in homestays with locals, explore enchanting valleys, sample local food, take awesome selfies and landscape images, camp under the night sky, visit beautiful hidden lakes, slow down see colorful sunrise and beautiful sunsets. Witness Milkyway and Starry nights on new moon nights. Enjoy the fantastic hospitality of Spiti valley.
Day 1 : Chandigarh to Manali
Arrive in the morning at 8 am at Chandigarh Station and head towards Manali. Check-in at your hotel by 8 pm & freshenup. Have your dinner at 9 pm. Overnight stay at Manali.
Day 2 : Manali to Kaza
After having breakfast, check-out & head towards Kaza. We will start our journey by 9 am from Manali, clustered together in our transports, and head off right to the beautiful town of Kaza (3,800 m), a 6-7 hour journey via Atal Tunnel and Kunzum Pass will take us to Kaza. We also use this day to get familiar with the high altitude of Spiti by drinking lots of water and taking small strolls around. Dinner & overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 3 : Kaza - Pin Valley - Dhankar Monastery - Kaza
After having breakfast, 9 am head towards Dhankar Monastery & Pin Valley National Park. Reach Kaza by 4 pm & you're free to explore the local Kaza market and Cafe. Dinner & overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 4 : Kaza - Hikkim - Komic - Langza - Key Monastery - Kaza
After having breakfast, 9 am we will visit a few of the highest populated regions of the world. We will make our first stop at Langza, situated at an altitude of 4,400 meters. Once we arrive at Langza we are free to stroll around and visit the ancient Lang which is a temple aged at least a thousand years and see the marine fossils discovered here in the sedimentary rocks. After spending some time in the beauty of Langza, we head to Hikkim, where the highest post office in the world is located. Then we shall visit Komic, which actually translates to ‘eye of a snow cock’. Komic is the highest motorable village in the whole world at a stunning height of 4,587 meters! Later we will visit Key, famous for its magnificent Key Monastery situated at the foot of almost perpendicular ridges, it is also the largest Gelugpa Sect Monastery in Spiti. This monastery is also has a training center for the Lamas. Spending a little time in the peace and tranquility of this monastery can certainly be a soulful experience, something to cherish for a lifetime. We revert back to Kaza and you are loose to explore the bazaar at Kaza and purchase souvenirs for your family and friends. Back to hotel in evening & freshen up. Dinner & overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 5 : Kaza - Chicham Bridge - Chandratal Lake - Manali
Leave early in the morning by 8 am and head towards Chicham Bridge. (Packed breakfast would be given today) We arrive by 9 am & tour the famous Chicham Bridge, the highest bridge in Asia, and also listen to the stories about the ancient method of utilizing pulley trolleys. We then drive through the least populated hamlet of Spiti- Losar, to arrive at India’s highest motorable mountain pass that connects Kullu and Lahaul to Spiti valley- Kunzum La at a height of 15,000 feet. From Kunzum La, we travel to one of the most photogenic spots in Spiti Valley- the mesmerizing Chandratal Lake, popularly known as the lake of the moon. This radiant lake has no visible source of water, assuming that the water for this lake appears from underground. 3 pm we head towards Manali. We will check-in at our hotel in Manali by 8 pm & freshen up. Dinner & overnight stay at Manali.
Day 6 : Manali
Wake up by 9 am & have your breakfast. Later head towards full day excursion to Manali. Evening free to stroll on Mall Road. Back to hotel by 9 pm. Dinner & overnight stay at Manali.
Day 7 : Manali to Chandigarh
Leave early in the morning & head towards Chandigarh Station / Airport with a bunch of sweet memories collected on the Spiti Valley Trip.
Spiti Valley Road Trip Details
- Duration: 6 Nights and 7 days
- Chandigarh to Chandigarh
- Cost: Rs. 20,000 /- per person (excluding 5% GST)
- Block your spot now by Paying Rs 3000.
- Balance to be paid 20 days before trip start date.
What is included in the tour
What is included in the tour
- All hotel, guesthouse and camping charges on triple sharing basis.
- All Hotels and camps with breakfast & dinner (MAPAI Plan: - Room + Breakfast + Dinner).
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Tempo Traveller for all transfers and sightseeing for all members.
- Driver allowance and toll taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
What is NOT included in the tour
- Snacks, beverages and Lunch(all days)
- Bus/Train/Air fare till Chandigarh and back
- Any kind of insurance
- Service tax exclusive (GST)
- Personal expenses like camera charges, etc.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Cost of any medical emergency or other emergency if required
Things to Carry
- 2/3-liter water bottle
- Masks and sanitizer
- Hiking/ trekking shoes
- Lip balm
- Woolen socks, Woolen cap, Muffler
- Wind cheater
- Sweat shirt, Jacket
- Woolen gloves
- Toilet paper
- Extra camera batteries / Portable Charger
- Personal first aid kit and personal medicines
- Identity proof
- Face Wash
- Body Soap
- Vaccine Certificate of 2 Doses Completed / RT-PCR Certificate in case of 1 Dose completed
In case you need to cancel your plans for the trip due to avoidable/unavoidable reasons, please do notify us via email.
The cancellation charges will be as follows:
- 60 to 46 days prior to date of departure: 20% of the tour cost
- 45 to 16 days prior to date of departure: 30% of the tour cost
- 15 to 8 days prior to date of departure: 50% of the tour cost
- Less than 7 days prior to date of departure: No refund
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation