Skandagiri Trek with Moderate Difficulty Level and Mesmerizing View
Skandagiri is an ancient mountain fortress located approximately at the distance of 3 km from Chikballapur, Karnataka. Also known as Kalavara Durga or Kalwarbetta, night trekking is moderately difficult on this trek. The Skandagiri trekking Bangalore is one of the very few night treks legally allowed. Trekking would reward you for reaching the spot from where you would view the most mesmerizing sunrise, rising from clouds. Sometimes the Skandagiri Hills trek is referred to as Skandagiri Sunrise trek.
The trail takes you to the mountain fortress situated at a distance of 70 km from Bangalore. You will start at around 10 pm from Bangalore to reach the base point by the midnight from where you will begin the night trek to view the sunrise from the crest.
The atmosphere around the Skandagiri trail is very inviting and serene from the starting point itself, which will boost your adrenaline rush. You would be more than excited to conquer this 8-9 km trek which you could complete within 4 to 5 hours timing for a round trip of the trek. Skandagiri trek difficulty is moderate and requires good endurance first-timers can attempt this hike.
Best Season for Visit and Forest Department Permission
The best season to enjoy tracking on this trail is from November to February. As the forest department of the region is currently allowing only 40 persons per Day, Recommended Skandagiri trek booking your slot at the earliest to avail of the permit required for trekking. As currently night trekking is not allowed, trekking begins at 4 am so that you can reach the top before sunrise.
Skandagiri Trek Details
- Theme: Trekking
- Terrain: Rocky
- Nearest Town: Chikballapura
- Duration of the event: 1 DAY
- Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Easy
- Total distance: 6 Km Approx. (Both the ways)
- Transportation: Provided
- Food: Provided - Breakfast
- Accommodation: Not Required
- Booking Process: Call/WhatsApp us @ 9620921632
- Cost: Rs. 1500/- per person
Skandagiri Trek from Bangalore Itinerary
11:30 pm - Starting from Bangalore.
03:30 AM - Reach Base and start trekking
06:00 AM - Reach peak and relax
06:15 AM - Enjoy a beautiful sunrise from atop the peak
07:30 AM - Descend to the base
10:30 AM - Have Breakfast on the way
12:00 PM - Head back to Bangalore to give an end to this amazing journey
04:00 PM - Approx. arrival at Bangalore.
The trekking expedition on Skandagiri trek will undoubtedly leave you with some of the most beautiful memories of viewing sunrises over clouds that you would never forget.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation in non-ac vehicle
- Safety and medical kit
- Permission from Forest Dept.
- Trek Leader Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Proper face mask or shield.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Detailed Skandagiri Trek Itnerary
Skandagiri trekking preferred by both amateurs as well as professional trekkers who love adventure. Climbing to the fortress gets tedious once you have reached the Papagni temple. It is a ritual to pay respects at this temple before moving ahead.
The trail gets tricky, which appears comfortable in the beginning, with dense shrubs all around. Here the vegetation is scanty, which gradually becomes thicker as you climb higher. The savanna climate of the region is the reason behind no trees along the trail: only dense scrubs and bushes.
There is a steep slope after the temple that requires careful footwork until you reach the summit. The ruins of sultans fort and an abandoned fort remain ornate the top of the trek. To reach the summit, you would have to cross six fascinating concentric fortification walls. So be mindful of the same.
From the top, you have an opportunity to discover the sublime environment of the savannas around Skandagiri in the early morning atmosphere. The majestic sight of sunrise above clouds is an indescribable experience for trekkers on this trail. You can seek a blessing from Lord Shiva at Skandagiri Temple on the summit.
Trekking all through the night you would feel walking above the clouds once you reach the top. You would love the bonfire under the starry night on the hilltop, waiting for the sunrise. Look down on the twinkling lights of the villages below that imitate stars on the earth.
Make sure you loosen up your muscles and warm up enough to begin trekking. If you feel like catching up a nap reaching the summit, go for it. But make sure to wake up before the sunrise to view the spectacular scenery of dawn breaking on this part of the planet. Click pictures of the environment, including scenic beauty and foliage turning golden under the rising sun glow.
Frequently Asked Questions Skandagiri Hills Trek
1. How to make Skandagiri trek online booking?
You can click on the register now button and make the payment. In case you have any question please click on Enquire now button. If you are only looking for forest pass, you can visit https://myecotrip.com/trails/1/bangalore-landscape. Skandagiri trek tickets are available in limited numbers book in advance to avoid last-minute disappointments. Skandagiri trek permission is only available for hikers with trek pass.
2. What time does the Skandagiri sunrise trek start?
Night trekking is not allowed; we will reach the forest department checkpost by 4.00 am. Our trek till the summit begins at 4.00 am it will take us two hours and thirty minutes to reach till the peak. Trekking near Bangalore the mountain attracts thousands of hikers each year.
3. Skandagiri trek Bangalore?
We have plans available for Skandagiri sunrise trek from Bangalore. One Night and One Day required for travelling and trek. One of the most popular treks near Bangalore.
4. Skandagiri Trekking Distance?
Skandagiri Trek distance is around 7 kilometers, Skandagiri trek time will take two hours and thirty minutes to cover this distance. Skandagiri Trek start point is near Kalwara Village of Chikkaballapur district. Skandagiri Hills Bangalore height is 4756 feet above sea level.
5. Can you help me with Skandagiri night trek online booking?
You can click on the book now button on our website and register for the trek from Bangalore. If you have any questions, you can fill the enquire now form or whatsapp us. If you are only looking for Skandagiri Night Trek passes. You can visit https://myecotrip.com/trails/1/bangalore-landscape. Night trek starts around 4.00 am form the Forest Checkpost near Skandagiri Hills. Skandagiri trek start point located near Kalwara Village.
6. Can you tell me more about the Skandagiri day trek?
Day trek reporting time is from 6.00 am to 9.30 am from the forest checkpost. It gets hot during the Day; please start your trek early for better weather conditions. Skandagiri hills trek distance is around seven kilometers from the Skandagiri forest checkpost.
7. Skandagiri night trek booking from Bangalore?
You can register by clicking on the book now button on our website; please register in advance as limited forest pass slots are available online. Skandagiri night trek permission allows starting the trek from four in the morning to reach till the summit for the sunrise. We are self-operated trekking organizers with six years of expereicne across India.
8. Skandagiri trek distance from Bangalore?
Skandagiri hills is around 70 kilometers from Bangalore it is famous for the sunrise trek from Bangalore. It takes two hours to reach the starting point of Skandagiri Hill Trek. Chikkaballapur is the nearest town well connected from Bangalore. Kalwara Village is closest to the Forest checkpost. Skandagiri hills trek timings are from 6.00 am to 09.30 am hikers are requested to report before this timing at the forest checkpost if attempting trek without trekking organizer. Skandagiri Trek from Bangalore is available with Treks and Trails India. Bangalore to Chikballapur bus regular busses are available it takes three hours to cover the distance. Bangalore to Skandagiri distance is 70 km.
9. Skandagiri trek best time to visit?
Post monsoon is the best time to visit the trek. Winter months from Mid November to January, the forest covered in beautiful shades of green and the sunrise light is perfect. During summer months you can see the beautiful carpet of clouds below the summit around sunrise. Skandagiri night trek from Bangalore is top-rated among Bangalore hikers.
10. Skandagiri trek banned?
The Skandagiri trek was banned a few years back some accidents had happened. Karnataka Ecotourism Development Board and Karnataka Forest Department have reopened the route with proper safety conditions and with Skandagiri trek permission. The hike is on the top five recommended trekking in Bangalore spots.
11. Can you recommend Chikballapur trekking destinations?
If you are in search of Trekking hills in Bangalore, you can head towards Chikballapur around 60 km away from the city. It has many famous trekking places near Bangalore like Nandi Hills, Kalwara Hills, Skandagiri Hills, Chandra Hills, Brahma Giri, Indira Giri. These hills in Karnataka present an excellent excuse for trekking near Bangalore.
12. Can you recommend the top trekking places in Karnataka?
Hiking and Trekking enthusiasts have excellent opportunities for weekend treks in Karnataka. Each destination offers a different landscape, history, and wildlife spotting, and Some are religious pilgrimage sites now popular among trekkers for their excellent views and weather conditions. Trekkers of Karnataka get ready for a fantastic list of trekking places in Karnataka. Clean your trekking shoes, pack your backpacks, and let us begin your journey.
- Skandagiri Trek
- Antharagange Trek
- Tadiandamol Trek
- Nandi Hills Trek
- Makalidurga Trek
- Ramanagara Trek
- Savandurga Hill Trek
- Kunti Betta
- Channarayana Durga
- Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta
- Kumara Parvatha