Savandurga is a famous hiking destination situated near Bangalore and is visited by adventure buffs across the globe. Savandurga hill is nestled in the Deccan plateau of Karnataka. The 4220 feet high Savandurga hill is located approximately 60 kilometers west of Bangalore off the Magadi road. This largest monolithic hill of Asia is bounded by abundant jungles that are inhabitant to an extensive assortment of flora and fauna. In his Select Views in Mysore 1794, Robert Home declared Savandurga as 'Savinadurga' or the Fort of Death, in light of the dangerous incline and defense structure.
Savandurga is a unification of two mountains; "Karigudda," suggesting "black hill," and Biligudda, denoting "white hill" in Kannada. Biligudda has been a fort jail during the Hoysala era. Savandurga hill is predominantly developed of granite rocks and is encircled by bushes and deciduous trees. Savandurga has two temples at its foothills. These temples go back to 1340 AD and are supposed to have been constructed by the Hoysala monarchs. One is the Savandi Veerabhadra Swamy temple, and the other being the Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple.
Savandurg Trek Details
- Theme: Trekking/ Adventure
- Nearest Town: Ramanagara
- Duration of the event: One Day
- Transportation: Provided
- Food: Breakfast, Morning Tea/Coffee and Packed Lunch
- Accommodation: Not Required
Savandurga Trek Itinerary
Start from Bangalore at 6 am
Reach the basecamp by 9 am
Start the trek and reach the peak
Have Packed lunch with a view
Descend, reach back to the base by 3 pm
Depart and reach Bangalore by 7:30 pm (approx.)
What is included in the tour
- Transportation in non-ac vehicle
- Breakfast & packed Lunch
- Safety and medical kit
- Permission from Forest Dept.
- Trek Leader Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 Litres of water
- Sanitizer and Masks
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Why should we do Savandurga Trek?
Savandurga trek is a stimulating mix of rough, rocky, gravel-strewn, and forest trails with natural caves that will make amazed. The trek shadows the course to the top of Asia's largest monolithic hill. The whole monument is formed by one colossal stone. The first glimpse sight of the rock makes you wonder about its creation. Trekking journey to the peak of the Savandurga monolith will end up being an exhilarating encounter of a lifetime.
Savandurga deems to be climbing heaven for beginners as well as seasoned climbers. Climbers can scale pure rock faces up to grade seven. The short distance to the top makes it a perfect trek for all, especially the ones that are short on time. The extravagant green viewpoints will keep you enchanted, and the comprehensive Magadi boondocks scene will blow your mind.
The trek is incredibly rewarding as the view from the top of the hill is tremendous. You can see the backwaters of the Manchinbele and Thippagondanahalli supplies, and on the horizon, they spot Ramanagara and Magadi's towns. On the highest point of the stronghold, one can see the fortress's relics built by Kempegowda. Alongside an exciting climb, Savandurga offers staggering vistas. The Arkavathi river streaming into Thippagondanahalli reservoir adds to the widespread excellent view while arriving at the fort.
Savandurga hill is off Magadi Street and accessible through buses, vehicles, or bikes, which makes Savandurga a perfect trek close to Bangalore. This trek offers an ideal amalgam of primeval history and tranquil nature. A habitation to the broad diversity of flora and fauna can quickly get to spot yellow throat bulbuls, while sloth bears and panthers can be found in some thick segments.