Rohida Fort Bhor, which is also known as Vichitragad situated in Pune District. Rohida fort is also famous by the name Rohideshwar fort. Bajarwadi village is the base village of the fort, located in Bhor taluka, about 61 km away from Pune, while Bajarwadi village is 7 km away from Bhor. Rohida fort Pune established in the southern part of the Sahyadri range of Maharashtra. Treks near Pune with Rohida Fort Trek, one can also visit the nearby forts which fall in the same Bhor region, which are; Raireshwar Fort, Kenjalgad Fort, Kamalgad Fort, and many more. Learn more about other treks follow our list of forts in Maharashtra.
About Rohida fort trekking near Pune
Vichitragad or Rohida fort is an easy level one day trek, which is about 3600 feet above sea level. It is a small trek; it hardly takes an hour to reach the Fort. The post-monsoon period is supposed to be the best time to visit Vichitragad fort trek. Rohidamalla temple is the temple situated in the Fort. Many idols, water tanks, and much more are available on the Fort to explore. Rohida fort trek time total is around four hours.
Rohida Trek details
- Rohida Fort Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 3660 feet
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Medium
- Base Village: Bajarwadi
- Cost: Rs. 1399/- per person
Rohida Fort Trek Itinerary
04:45 am - Meet at McDonald’s, J.M. Road.
05:00 am - Departure for Rohida Fort.
05:15 am - Pick up at P. L. Deshpande Garden.
05:35 am - Pick up at Navale bridge.
Breakfast on the way.
07:30 am - Reach at base village and start ascending.
09:30 am - Reach on top and explore the fort.
11:30 am - Start descending.
01:00 pm - Reach at base and move towards Bhor.
01:30 pm - Lunch at Bhor.
02:30 pm - Start return journey to Pune.
05:30 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune. (Depend upon traffic)
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by private non-AC vehicle.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Rohida fort history
Rohida Fort Maharashtratil Kille, also known as Binicha Killa or Vichitragad, the Fort built during the Yadav Dynasty period. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj won the Fort from Bandals in the year 1666. Rohida fort was later given to Mughals under the Treaty of Purandar. Rohida Fort control was regained again by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, like other forts in Maharashtra.
Places to see on Rohida Fort Trek
Rohida fort in monsoon is breathtaking. It is cover with fog and high-speed winds. Visit the Rohideshwar Mandir: Mandir of Lord Rohidmalla or Bhairoba in Marathi literature. Idols of Bhairavi and Bhairoba and Bhairavi, Idols of Lord Ganesha, can be viewed inside the Mandir. Water cisterns and squared graves are resting near the Mandir. The maximum of the Burj on the Fort are sound. Complete six Burj open on the Fort and standing undilapidated for years.
You can see a series of Ganesh idols at the entrance of the first door. It also has an arch. We have to cross three gates to reach the summit of the Fort. The water tanks available on the Rohida fort are a source of drinking water for everyone, water source stays throughout the year. The Fort has three doors in total. The third door reached after a climb of 53 odd rock cut steps on the Fort.
How to reach Rohida Fort?
One can get down at Pune railway station and hire a local vehicle to Bajarwadi village, the base village of the fort. Bhor area is comparable to nirvana for hikers, particularly for souls living in Pune. The Fort is one of the famous trekking places in Pune. Sahyadri trekkers attempt this Fort as a Range trek with other nearby forts.