A 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors, is at the base of this fort. Ratangad has still the remains of fortress with bastions and stone walls. Caves on the top is cut from the rock face and can easily accommodate 25 people at a time. Water cisterns are usually filled with water throughout the year and trekkers use them as water source. Eastern side of the fort has some fortification left; one can see Rani mahal here. From the southern side on can see Katrabai and Ajoba fort very close. This side has also some fortification left, but most of it is damaged. Climbing up on the northern side, one can see natural orifice (hole in rock, locally called nedhe) in the rock face, mostly made by wind. Strong winds can be experienced at this orifice. Descend to the western end of the fort leads closest to the Khutta Pinnacle via Trimbak Darwaja.
Event Itinerary - Ratangad Fort Trek
Board 22:50 Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST timing as below
- 23.04 Dadar
- 23:12 Kurla
- 23:17 Ghatkopar
- 23:31 Thane
- 23:54 Dombivali
- 00:03 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
- 01:30 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station
- 01:45 Travel Kasara to Shendi by local jeep
- 04:00 Reach base village and rest
- 08:00 Freshen up, Tea & breakfast at Shendi
- 08:30 Travel Shendi to Ratanwadi
- 10:00 Reach Ratanwadi, start trek towards Ratangad
- 13:30 Reach On Top Of Ratangad
- 14:30 Lunch & Rest, Fort explores.
- 16:30 Tea & Snacks
- 19:00 Have dinner & night stay in the cave.
- 07:00 Wake up
- 07:30 Freshen up & Tea Breakfast
- 08:30 Start descending fort.
- 11:30 Reach Ratanwadi
- 13:00 Lunch in village
- 14:00 Travel Ratangad to Shendi,
- 17:00 Reach Shendi & travel Back towards Kasara
- 19:00 Disperse at Kasara Rail Station.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara – Ratangad - Kasara by local Transport
- Food Day 1 - Breakfast, Evening Tea, and Dinner,
- Food Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch.
- Equipment, Expertise, guides charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- Food/Tea purchase while travelling to site and back.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kasara and back.
Treks and Trails suggested List of Items to carry
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoe laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
5. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
6. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins, rain coat, water proof jacket.
7. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.
**** Carry one time meal ******
*** Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
***** Telephonic confirmation is required to confirm your participation.***
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
- Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
- Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
- Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
- Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
- Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
- Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only