Rann of Kutch
They say that as an Indian, if you never saw the Rann of Kutch, then you probably didn’t see anything. The Rann of Kutch is also the Great Rann of Kutch, and there is a Little Rann of Kutch as well. This remarkable place in Gujarat is a massive salt desert that measures around ten thousand square kilometers. An amazing about this place is that it goes underwater when the monsoon season sets in at full force. The rest of the year, the Rann of Kutch remains an enormous desert of salt. The Rann Utsav is an awesome festival that takes place every year. It is a carnival full of music and dance. It appears even more mesmerizing than usual if you witness it under the full moon. The Rann Utsav is so charming that it makes you believe that heaven descended on Earth.
Highlights about Rann Utsav
- Marvel at the delights of the Rann of Kutch under the full moon.
- Stay in one of the traditional huts or Bhungas in the Rann.
- Witness the Rann Utsav, one of the most profound celebrations in all of India.
- Visit the villages in the Rann and understand how people spend their lives here.
- Check out the Vijay Vilas Palace, a summer retreat for the royal family. It also happens to be a preferred location for the shooting of Bollywood films.
- Enjoy traditional dinners, folk music performances, and hang around the city of Bhuj.
Basic details about Rann of Kutch
- Location: 1.5 km north of Bhuj
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Duration: 3 nights/4 days
Detailed Rann of Kutch Itinerary
Day 1: Departure from Bandra.
02:00 OR 05:00 pm: Meet the Team leader at Dadar Terminus OR Bandra Terminus and catch Bhuj Train
Day 2: Reach Bhuj and Kala Dongor - Hodka - White Desert
Start your day at 7 am from the station, have breakfast, and head towards Kalo Dungar. Explore until 11:30 am, then get back to the hotel by 1:00 pm to freshen up. After lunch, go to the White Desert – a beautiful place on Earth. Enjoy a memorable sunset and the beauty of the White Rann. Get lost in the vast white desert. Thanks to the full moon, the White Rann shines in beautiful colors, creating a magical atmosphere. See the Rann Utsav and try local food. If possible, ride camels and watch live performances. Return to the hotel and relax. Depending on permits, you might go back to see the White Rann under the full moon around midnight, but only on special full moon nights.
Day 3: Bhuj sightseeing
Get up at 7 am and get ready for the day. Have breakfast by 8:00 am and begin exploring the well-known places in Bhuj. Visit Aaina Mahal & Prag Mahal and then have lunch. After lunch, head to Swami Narayan Temple and Adiyogi, among other places. Enjoy the local food, and return to Bhuj. Be at the station by 8:00/9:00 pm to catch the train departing from Bhuj.
Day 4: Arrival at Mumbai
Reach Mumbai by 12 pm / 2 pm.
Please Note: Standard check-in time at hotel is 11am. You may freshen up in the train itself and can take bath after checking in the hotel.
Rann of Kutch (Full Moon) - click here
Rann of Kutch (New Year) - click here
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Triple sharing rooms at Village Hodka (Kutchi style bhunga Stay) (₹1000 Extra for Twin sharing per room)
- Mumbai to Mumbai Train Travelling in Non AC Sleeper Class
- Pure Veg Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner – Day 2 ) ( Breakfast & Lunch – Day 3)
- Comfortable AC Bus for covering all destinations
- Entry, parking and toll charges
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Day 1 & 3 Dinner
- Rides and activity charges
- Performance charges
- Camera charges
- Any miscellaneous expenditure incurred during the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, entry fee, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water bottle
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Extra pair of clothes, Towel, Jacket, etc.
- Blankets for train travelling
- Warm clothes
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Proper footwear
- Proper haversack to put all these things
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 45 or more days prior to the event date.
- 40 % refund if notified via phone conversation 16 to 44 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 15 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Event get cancelled, we will refund "Event Amount" only.
- Participants must carry cash in order to survive and buy anything at Rann. Except high end luxury hotels, restaurants and souvenir shops, plastic money such as credit card and debit card is not accepted throughout Rann.
- ATM’s are common only in Bhuj, and beyond that finding ATM is also difficult.
- Avoid wearing precious Jewelry, as TNT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by TNT. Consult your TNT buddy in advance in case of any changes.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Anybody found consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
1. What makes the Rann of Kutch famous?
The Rann of Kutch is the world's largest salt desert, known because of its white salty sand. "Rann" signifies desert in Hindi, which is derived from the Sanskrit word "Irina".
2. Dates for the Rann Utsav in Kutch in 2023-24?
Rann Utsav dates are 1st November 2023 to February 2024.
We have packages available from November to February
3. What are the Rann Utsav activities?
Things To Do At The Rann Utsav:
Experience a cultural feast
Camel Cart Ride
Adventure and sightseeing tours
Going to the beach in Mandvi
Indulge Yourself With Some Delicious Food At Rann Utsav and much more.
You can appreciate the Gujarati culture to the fullest by participating in a variety of activities, such as cycling, ATV rides, camel cart pleasure trips, paramotoring, and even yoga and meditation. The Gujarati clothing, accessories, display pieces, and utility items will be a delight to shoppers who are truly committed to the shopping experience.
4. Rann Utsav Booking?
You can book on our website - Whatsapp us 8828004949 - Email email@example.com
5. Rann of Kutch Packages?
Best packages available from solo travelers to large groups WhatsApp 8828004949
6. Why do people celebrate Rann Utsav?
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people come to Kutch for the annual festival known as Rann Utsav. Kutch district, Gujarat, is home to a wide variety of ecosystems and peoples, and its yearly celebration honours that diversity.
7. How can I enter Rann Utsav?
Anyone can attend Rann utsav, but only guests of the Tent City are permitted inside. Hundreds of booths, restaurants, and photo spots welcome you at Rann Utsav. There are planned cultural events, but no fixed schedule.
8. Can we go to Rann Utsav without having a booking?
You don't need a Rann Utsav package to attend. You can stay at a resort/homestay at Dhordo or Bherandiala (renowned for its mawa desserts) and yet enjoy the local festival by exploring crafts and food stalls in Dhordo village.
9. Is non-vegetarian food available in the Rann of Kutch?
Food is vegetarian; non-vegetarian options are not available during Rann Utsav. In fact, except for Mandvi Beach, it is difficult to get non-vegetarian food in Kutch.
10. Best time to visit Rann of Kutch?
The months of winter are ideal for trips to Kutch. Due to the fact that the temperature ranges from 12 to 25 degrees Celsius during these months, the weather is ideal for travelling and exploring. Additionally, this is the ideal time to attend the White Rann of Kutch Festival.
11. How can I travel by train to Rann of Kutch?
Bhuj junction is 104 kilometres from Rann of Kutch and will take 2 hours to reach. Bhuj train station is well-connected to many other cities, and the route there is well-maintained.
12. At Rann Utsav, how many tents are there?
350 luxury tents
The area is spread out over 5,00000 square metres and has more than 350 high-end tents. From November to February, people celebrate Rann Utsav for more than 100 days.