Rann of Kutch
They say that as an Indian, if you never saw the Rann of Kutch, then you probably didn’t see anything. The Rann of Kutch is also the Great Rann of Kutch, and there is a Little Rann of Kutch as well. This remarkable place in Gujarat is a massive salt desert that measures around ten thousand square kilometers. An amazing about this place is that it goes underwater when the monsoon season sets in at full force. The rest of the year, the Rann of Kutch remains an enormous desert of salt. The Rann Utsav is an awesome festival that takes place every year. It is a carnival full of music and dance. It appears even more mesmerizing than usual if you witness it under the full moon. The Rann Utsav is so charming that it makes you believe that heaven descended on Earth.
Highlights about Rann Utsav
- Marvel at the delights of the Rann of Kutch under the full moon.
- Stay in one of the traditional huts or Bhungas in the Rann.
- Witness the Rann Utsav, one of the most profound celebrations in all of India.
- Visit the villages in the Rann and understand how people spend their lives here.
- Check out the Vijay Vilas Palace, a summer retreat for the royal family. It also happens to be a preferred location for the shooting of Bollywood films.
- Enjoy traditional dinners, folk music performances, and hang around the city of Bhuj.
Basic details about Rann of Kutch
- Location: 1.5 km north of Bhuj
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Duration: 3 nights/4 days
- Cost: Rs. 8999 + 5% GST. (per person)
Detailed Rann of Kutch Itinerary
Day 1: Departure from Bandra.
Meeting Point at Bandra station And our Trek Leader will be there to welcome you. Night Journey with Multiple games played.
Day 2: Reach Bhuj and Move towards Rann of Kutch Gujarat
Reach Bhuj Station in Morning ( Breakfast In Train) and Transfer to Hotel. Relax for Some time and then have Authentic Lunch food. Post Lunch Either you all can relax. After the refreshment, Let's visit the White Rann to witness a grand sunset. Watch the sun descending below the Skyline and watch the color of the White Rann changing to blue, red and sometimes yellow. By 8:30 PM, let us go back to the hotel. Enjoy dinner and then you might wish to enjoy some cultural Programmes and Musical games.
Day 3: Bhuj sightseeing
Around 5:30 AM Wake up call, get ready to witness the beautiful sunrise. See how the White desert lights up when the sun meets the horizon. After capturing some beautiful pictures, head back to the resort for a delicious breakfast, which will be served in the dining area between 07:30 AM to 9 AM. After Breakfast let's start exploring Bhuj’s famous destinations. Visit Aina Mahel. Post lunch explores Vijay Villas Palace & Mandvi’s Famous Beach, Indulge in the breathtaking sunset at Mandvi beach. Come back to Bhuj and head towards Bhuj station. Catch the train from Bhuj towards Mumbai.
Day 4: Arrival at Mumbai
Reach Bandra at 11:30 am.
Note: Extra cost for couple tent.
Rann of Kutch (Full Moon) - click here
Rann of Kutch (New Year) - click here
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mumbai train travel (sleeper coach)
- Accommodation on triple sharing basis in non-AC bhunga
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Evening Tea and 1 Dinner
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Day 1 - breakfast, Day 2 - lunch at Bhuj
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, entry fee, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water bottle
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Extra pair of clothes, Towel, Jacket, etc.
- Blankets for train travelling
- Warm clothes
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Proper footwear
- Proper haversack to put all these things
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 45 or more days prior to the event date.
- 40 % refund if notified via phone conversation 16 to 44 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 15 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Event get cancelled, we will refund "Event Amount" only.
1. What makes the Rann of Kutch famous?
The Rann of Kutch is the world's largest salt desert, known because of its white salty sand. "Rann" signifies desert in Hindi, which is derived from the Sanskrit word "Irina".
2. Dates for the Rann Utsav in Kutch in 2022-23?
Rann Utsav dates are October 26th, 2022 to February 20th, 2023.
We have packages available from October to February
3. What are the Rann Utsav activities?
Things To Do At The Rann Utsav:
Experience a cultural feast
Camel Cart Ride
Adventure and sightseeing tours
Going to the beach in Mandvi
Indulge Yourself With Some Delicious Food At Rann Utsav and much more.
You can appreciate the Gujarati culture to the fullest by participating in a variety of activities, such as cycling, ATV rides, camel cart pleasure trips, paramotoring, and even yoga and meditation. The Gujarati clothing, accessories, display pieces, and utility items will be a delight to shoppers who are truly committed to the shopping experience.
4. Rann Utsav Booking?
You can book on our website - Whatsapp us 8828004949 - Email email@example.com
5. Rann of Kutch Packages?
Best packages available from solo travelers to large groups WhatsApp 8828004949
6. Why do people celebrate Rann Utsav?
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people come to Kutch for the annual festival known as Rann Utsav. Kutch district, Gujarat, is home to a wide variety of ecosystems and peoples, and its yearly celebration honours that diversity.
7. How can I enter Rann Utsav?
Anyone can attend Rann utsav, but only guests of the Tent City are permitted inside. Hundreds of booths, restaurants, and photo spots welcome you at Rann Utsav. There are planned cultural events, but no fixed schedule.
8. Can we go to Rann Utsav without having a booking?
You don't need a Rann Utsav package to attend. You can stay at a resort/homestay at Dhordo or Bherandiala (renowned for its mawa desserts) and yet enjoy the local festival by exploring crafts and food stalls in Dhordo village.
9. Is non-vegetarian food available in the Rann of Kutch?
Food is vegetarian; non-vegetarian options are not available during Rann Utsav. In fact, except for Mandvi Beach, it is difficult to get non-vegetarian food in Kutch.
10. Best time to visit Rann of Kutch?
The months of winter are ideal for trips to Kutch. Due to the fact that the temperature ranges from 12 to 25 degrees Celsius during these months, the weather is ideal for travelling and exploring. Additionally, this is the ideal time to attend the White Rann of Kutch Festival.
11. How can I travel by train to Rann of Kutch?
Bhuj junction is 104 kilometres from Rann of Kutch and will take 2 hours to reach. Bhuj train station is well-connected to many other cities, and the route there is well-maintained.
12. At Rann Utsav, how many tents are there?
350 luxury tents
The area is spread out over 5,00000 square metres and has more than 350 high-end tents. From November to February, people celebrate Rann Utsav for more than 100 days.