Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondhane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Batches for Rajmachi Camping
- 27th 28th April 2019
- 4th 5th May 2019
- 11th 12th May 2019
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
Shrivardhan Fort and Caves.
Manaranjan Fort if time permits.
Rajmachi Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala.
- Tent stay.
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600
Rajmachi Camping Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Mumbai public
Catch Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune.
For Pune public
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
15:04 Shivaji Nagar
17:20 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep. (Halfway)
20:00 Reach Base Village.
Day 2 - Sunday
06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:30 Manaranjan and Shrivardhan fort exploration.
13:30 Start return journey to Lonavala
16:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Jeep is only available half the way as the road is not motorable, the participant will have to walk 8 km one way.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling to base village from Lonavala station and back by local vehicle
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai/pune to Lonavala and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
Learn how to plan your trek - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Please note this is not a picnic people with good fitness and endurance should join
Rajmachi Trek- Things you need
Please note : Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired please buy trekking shoes, Trekking is specialist activity Trekking shoes are must.
Trekking shoes : Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Lonavala without refund, Trekking is specialist activity Trekking shoes are must.
A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands free while trekking.
Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
Identity proof (must)
Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bedsheets.
Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. For Energy while you Trek. Glucon D / Energy bars.
Water (at least 2 - 3 Liters).
Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Medicine those if you require usually.
Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect.
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we drive till Rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon.
2. How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx..
Two and half hours drive from Pune, 90 km approx..
3. Number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night.
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk.
5. Is there any parking charge?
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets.
7. Are toilet available?
No. During trek toilets are not available.
8. Do single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
9. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
10. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
11. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
12. Where will we stay?
Homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is must .
12. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
13. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
14. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
15.Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org