- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at email@example.com if you'd like to make a booking.
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondhane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Shrivardhan Fort and Caves.
- Manaranjan Fort if time permits.
Rajmachi Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Tent stay
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- Separate stay for females
- Cost: Rs 1200/- per person
Rajmachi Camping Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Rajmachi Mumbai participants
Catch Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune
- 14:30 CSMT
- 14:41 Dadar
- 15:03 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:03 Lonavala
For Pune to Rajmachi participants
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:04 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:47 Talegaon
- 16:25 Lonavala
17:10 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep.
20:00 Reach Base Village.
21:00 Dinner - Enjoy campfire.
Day 2 - Sunday
06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:30 Rajmachi Trek, Shrivardhan fort exploration.
13:30 Start return journey to Lonavala.
16:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Camping, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling to base village from Lonavala station and back by local vehicle
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Lonavala without refund, Trekking is specialist activity Trekking shoes are a must.
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.
- Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
- Identity proof (must)
- Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bed-sheets.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. For Energy while you Trek. Glucon D / Energy bars.
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Liters).
- Sun Cap.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Medicine those if you require usually.
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we drive to Rajmachi village?
Not in monsoon. you will need proper SUV to reach Rajmachi Village during winter and summer season last 12 km the road is in very bad condition. Rajmachi Trekking is the only option available during monsoon to reach the fort. A small path is open for bikers during monsoon.
2. How far Rajmachi Camping from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx. Two and half hours drive from Pune, 90 km approx. From Rajmachi point in Khandala, you can see the Balekilla of Rajmachi known as Manoranjan and Shirvardhan. Rajmachi Garden is a famous picnic spot at Khandala for visitors who cant trek till Rajmachi Fort. Rajmachi point Lonavala is located near Dukes resort.
3. The number of days required for Rajmachi fort trek and camping?
Two days and One Night is required for exploring Rajmachi Fort and camping. Rajmachi fort is huge with two smaller forts Shirvardhan and Manoranjan. It has a huge plateau ideal for camping. During pre-monsoon seasons you can see many fireflies at Rajmachi Night Trek. Rajmachi Fort Lonavala is a very popular monsoon trek people from India visit the fort.
4. Where can we park our cars for Rajmachi Camping?
Lonavala at your own risk. Parking is available near the Lonavala railway station. Lonavala to Rajmachi route is off-road you will need a good SUV to reach till base village Udhewadi.
5. Is there any parking charge at Rajmachi trek and camping?
Yes, local forest officers will collect parking charges and entry fees from campers and hikers visiting Rajmachi Fort.
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags. Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets.
7. Are toilets available at Rajmachi Camping?
Toilets are available at the villager's house a few minutes from the campsite. Toilets are Indian commode style. During the trek, toilets are not available.
8. Do single travelers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events. Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
9. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
10. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available. Jain food is available please mention in comments at the time of booking.
11. Phone connectivity at Rajmachi Lonavala?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. Once we reach the summit you will receive a good network. Phone connectivity is available at different spots during the trek.
12. Where will we stay at Rajmachi Pune?
During camping we stay in tents we will provide a sleeping mat like a yoga mat. Please carry your sleeping bag or two bedsheets. During monsoon we will stay at a homestay, it will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Google pay / Phonepe / Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted. We need to book in advance bus and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
12. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. Please carry a reusable water bottle to avoid pollution and garbage at the Rajmachi Fort. We expect each hiker to take back their garbage back to Mumbai or Pune.
13. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required. Rajmachi village doesnt not have a power connection yet.
14. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. There are locals who keep vigilant to catch alcoholics and fine them.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay.
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
18. Rajmachi fireflies can we see them through the year?
Rajmachi Fireflies can only be seen during pre-monsoon months of May and June for a few weeks. Once the monsoon begins fireflies will not be visible.
19. Rajmachi Fireflies trek and camping?
Will be available May end and June first few weeks only. Fireflies are only visible during that time. Rajmachi fort from Pune is a popular hiking and off-roading destination among adventure seekers. Rajmachi trek from Pune starts at Lonavala either from Tungarli Dam or Fanasrai village.
20. Rajmachi trekking Pune?
Mostly a flat walk from Lonavala. The hiker will need good endurance during the trek.