Rajgad Fort Terk
Rajgad is a huge vast fort. Rajgad means King of all forts. Located south-west 40 Kms from Pune. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj spent a great deal of his time on this Fort close to 25 years. Rajgad is famous for its construction layout. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. There are three sub-plateaux (Machee) namely Padmavati Machee, Suvela Machee, and Sanjevani Machee, and at the center is the Ballekilla.
Torna Fort Trek
Torna Fort is also known as Prachandagad.
Rajgad Fort Details
- Rajgad Fort Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 4182 feet
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Medium
- Base Village: Gunjavne
Torna Fort Details
- Rajgad Fort Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 4603 feet
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Medium
- Base Village: Velhe
Cost for Rajgad to Torna Range Trek: Rs. 2599/- per person (from Pune)
Rajgad to Torna Range Trek Itinerary (From Pune)
04:45 am - Meet at McDonald’s, J.M. Road.
05:00 am - Departure for Rajgad Fort.
05:15 am - Pick up at P. L. Deshpande Garden.
05:35 am - Pick up at Navale bridge.
07:30 am - Reach at base village and Breakfast.
08:00 am - Start ascending.
10:00 am - Reach on top.
Visit Suvela machi and back to the Padmavati temple.
01:00 pm - Lunch. (packed lunch)
After lunch rest for some time.
03:00 pm - Visit Balekilla.
05:00 pm - Move towards Sanjivani Machi.
Explore Sanjivani Machi and watch sunset.
08:30 pm - Dinner.
Stay in the tent.
04:30 am - Wake up early and freshen up.
05:00 am - Breakfast.
05:30 am - Start trek towards Torna.
12:30 pm - Reach at Torna.
01:00 pm - Lunch.
After Lunch visit Devi Temple and Zunjar Machi.
03:00 pm - Start descending.
05:30 pm - Reach at base village and start return journey.
09:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune. (Depend upon traffic)
- Please carry packed lunch for day 1 (Saturday)
- Please wear proper trekking shoes with good grip
- Good torch with extra batteries (compulsory)
- Please carry 2-3 liters water, as there is no water source on the way to Torna from Rajgad
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Gunjavane travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Velhe to Pune travel by private non-AC vehicle
- 2 veg Breakfast, 1 veg Lunch, 1 Evening tea and 1 Dinner
- Tent stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Saturday (day 1)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
- Packed lunch for Saturday (day 1)
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm cloths (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of cloths, napkin
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Torna Fort Trek | Rajgad to Torna Range Trek in Pune
A Monsoon trek to Torna Fort, amongst the tallest forts around Pune, however is one of the most satisfying treks for a nature lover. Rajgad to Torna Range Trek.
Torna Fort, also known as Prachandagad, is a large fort located in Pune district, in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
Torna fort was the first fort Shri Shivaji Maharaj won with few number of Mavlas in the year 1643. Torna fort is beautifully located in the vicinity of Velhe near Pune.
Torna is located at a height of 1400 m which is actually the highest trekking point in entire Pune district.
Once you reach the Velhe, ask for Torna fort way. Once you start climbing the fort, you should reach the fort within 2hr 30mins with an easy pace.
You'll get plenty of time to explore the place, breathe in some freshness, and dive into the history of the Maratha Empire.
How do I get to Torna?
To get to the Torna, one has to first reach the base village called Velhe. From Swargate bus station in Pune, take a state transport bus with route 'Swargate - Velhe - Ghisar'. This bus will drop you at Velhe in around 1hr 45mins. It will be good to start in early morning for the fort.
How did Shivaji Maharaj captured Torna fort?
It is historically significant because it was the first fort captured by Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in 1646, at the age of 16, forming the nucleus of the Maratha empire. ... The name derives from Prachanda (Marathi for huge or massive) and gad (Marathi for fort).
What is meant by Killedar?
Kiladar was a title for the governor of a fort or large town in medieval India. During the Maratha Empire, the title was commonly pronounced 'Killedar'
Who was the Killedar of Raigad Fort?
The Maratha King, Shivaji who was coroneted here, built his capital city in the Raigad Fort after he seized it in 1656 from the royal house of Chandrarrao Mores, which was then known as the fort of Rairi. Shivaji renovated and expanded this fort and renamed it Raigad.
Who built Torna fort?
History of Torna Fort. This fort was captured by Shivaji Maharaj at the age of 17 this fort was in early stages of establishing 'Hindavi Swarajya'. The construction of the fort prove that the fort is from 13th century when Malik Ahmed a bahamni ruler till 1470 to 1486. Torna is also called as Prachandagad.
Torna fort, the highest fort in Pune. It is to the south-west 75 Kms from Pune. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrains.
One can reach Torna via Nasrapur, Baneshwar or Khed Shivpur to the village of Vilhe located at foot of the fort.
The Torna Fort Trek is the most splendid trek to witness the nocturnal beauty and appeal of this historic fort. Short, yet an invigorating one!
Torna trek is around 50 Km Southwest of Pune and 220 Km Southeast of Mumbai. Torna fort also known as Prachandagad fort.
A day's trek here comprises of stunning views and witnessing beautiful waterfalls.
Incoming search terms related to Torna: torna fort trek, torna fort ghost, torna fort height, torna fort information in hindi, torna fort map, torna killa photo, torna fort information in marathi wikipedia, how to make torna fort