Rajgad Fort Trek
Rajgad is an enormous fort. Rajgad means King of all forts. It located south-west 60 Kms from Pune. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj spent a great deal of his time on this fort close to 25 years. Rajgad is famous for its construction layout. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. There are three sub-plateau Machi, namely Padmavati Machi, Suvela Machi, and Sanjevani Machi, and at the centre is the Ballekilla.
Take a step into history as you take this exciting trek from Pune, visit the Padmavati temple, and the Ancient Fort ruins. Rajgad Trek is a moderate level trek that begins at the Gunjavane Village in Pune District and ends at the Rajgad Fort. Rajgad is truly the King of all forts. It is famous for its structure. Rajgad is surrounded by Sinhagad, Torna, Mangalgad, and Purandar. Popular Maharashtra trekking and weekend destination from Pune; Rajgad, lies at a distance of about 65 Km from Pune. Rajgad fort to Torna fort trekking is famous amongst advanced trekkers.
Often in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, we get so caught up with the monotony that we miss out on the little things that the world has to offer us. Ancient hill forts not only provide its visitors with ancient legends but also soothe their nerves. If you are keen to explore one of these beautiful hill forts, then it is advisable to plan a tour of Rajgad fort.
Rajgad Fort Trek Event Details
- Rajgad Fort Type: Hill Fort
- Rajgad Height: 4182 feet
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Medium
- Base Village: Gunjavne
- Stay at Padmavati Temple
- Cost - Rs. 1800
Rajgad Fort Trek Bus Route from Pune
Day 1 – Saturday
- 05:15 Meet at Bank of Maharashtra, Shivajinagar branch.
- 05:30 Departure for Rajgad Fort.
- 05:40 Pick up at McDonald’s, J.M. Road.
- 06:00 Pick up at P. L. Deshpande garden.
- 06:20 Pick up at Navale bridge.
- 07:30 Reach at base village and Breakfast.
Rajgad Kila Trek Short Itinerary
- 08:00 Start ascending the Rajgad Killa
- 11:00 Reach on top. Explore Padmavati Machi and Temple.
- 12:30 Lunch and Relax
- 14:00 Visit Balekilla
- 16:00 Move towards Sanjivani Machi
- Enjoy sunset at Sanjivani Machi.
- After sunset back to the Padmavati Temple.
- 21:00 Dinner.
- 05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
- 05:30 Move towards Suvela Machi for sunrise.
- Watch the sunrise from Suvela Machi.
- Back to the Padmavati Temple and Breakfast.
- 08:30 Start descending.
- 11:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
- 12:30 Start return journey to Pune.
- 14:00 Approx. arrival at Pune.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Saturday – 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Dinner, Sunday - 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for Saturday
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Lunch for Saturday
- Trekking shoes are must
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra batteries
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that our hands free while trekking
- Sleeping material – sleeping mat and sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets
- Jacket, extra pair of clothes, towel
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
1. How long does it take to climb Rajgad fort?
The difficulty level is moderate. It takes approximately 2 1/2 hours to reach the top via Pali and 3 1/2 hours via Gunjawane. The highest point of Rajgad is Balekilla, which is a fort on Rajgad.
2. How can I go to Rajgad fort? How To Reach Rajgad Fort?
- By Air: The nearest airport to the fort is located in Pune at around 75 km.
- Rail: You can catch a direct train to Pune railway station and then from there, you can either hire a direct cab or public transport to reach Pali.
Rajgad Fort is truly the King of all forts, and It is famous for its structure. Rajgad is surrounded by Sinhagad, Torna, Mangalgad, and Purandar. Rajgad Fort is a formidable fort near Pune. A trekking and weekend destination from Pune; Rajgad, lies at a distance of about 65 Km from Pune.
3. Who built Rajgad fort?
Formerly known as Murumdev, Rajgad Fort was the Maratha Empire's capital during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for 25 years, before moving the capital to Raigad Fort. The Rajgad Fort was built with the treasure found on the adjacent Torna Fort.
4. Where was Rajgad Fort built?
Rajgad is a hill fort situated in the Pune district of Maharashtra, India. Formerly known as Murumdev, the fort was the capital of the Maratha Empire under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which the capital was moved to the Raigad Fort. Rajgad fort was built on a hill called Murumbadevi Dongar or Mountain of the Goddess Murumba.
5. Why should you visit Rajgad Fort?
Today the fort is an attraction for trekkers because of it's enormous size, skyrocketing height, the challenging route, and the historical importance of the fort. Rajgad Fort is a popular trekking destination located at 51 KM via Sinhagad road from Pune in Maharashtra.
6. How long did Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj stay at Rajgad Fort?
The Rajgad Pune Maharashtra is one of the many military fortresses that have been camp for the Maratha dynasty during their reign. A fort that served as a home to the legendary Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for 25 years, it lies safely tucked in the Pune district of Maharashtra. Rajgad Fort was home to the warrior king.
Incoming search terms related to Rajgad: Rajgad fort photos, Rajgad fort map, Rajgad fort ropeway, Rajgad chor Darwaza, Rajgad nedhe, Rajgad Fort video, nearest railway station to Rajgad fort, Rajgad fort Pune India