Rajgad Fort is a massive fort. Rajgad means King of all forts, located south-west 60 Kms from Pune. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj spent a great deal of his time on this Fort close to 25 years. Rajgad is famous for its construction layout. The Fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. There are three sub-plateau or Machi, namely Padmavati Machi, Suvela Machi, and Sanjevani Machi, and at the center is the Ballekilla.
It was previously identified as Murumdev. Rajgad Fort was appointed the capital of the Maratha Empire under the dominion of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. It remained the capital for 26 years; The Maratha Empire capital was changed later to Raigad Fort located near Mahad town.
The Rajgad Kila is a famous trekking spot in Maharashtra. Thousands of trekkers, pilgrims, visit the Fort on weekends. During the rainy season, Stong cold biting winds flow over the Fort, and visibility is low as Rajgad Killa is covered in fog and clouds. Killa in Marathi means Fort, Gad in Marathi also means Fort. Trekkers of Maharashtra usually camp on the Fort as it is challenging to cover the Fort in one day. Padmavati temple accommodates around 50 trekkers on the trek, and freshwater is available on the Fort.
Batches for Rajgad Trek
- Rajgad Fort Type: Hill Fort
- Rajgad Height 4182 feet above sea level
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Medium
- Base Village: Gunjavne
- Stay at Padmavati Temple
- Cost - Rs. 2200
Rajgad Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
- 23:30 Meet our team at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar East.
- 23:45 Leave for Rajgad Fort in Private Bus
- 00:05 Diamond Garden, Chembur.
- 00:30 Below main bridge, near Vashi Plaza.
- 01:15 Kalamboli, Mc Donald`s.
- Reach base village and rest on the bus.
- 06:00 Freshen up at Local homestay
- 07:00 Breakfast and Morning followed by Trek Instruction and Group Introduction
- 08:00 Rajgad Fort Trek Begins.
- 11:00 Reach on top. Explore Padmavati Machi and Temple.
- 12:30 Simple Veg lunch
- 14:00 Visit Rajgad Balekilla
- 16:00 Move towards Sanjivani Machi.
- Enjoy sunset at Sanjivani Machi.
- After sunset back to the Padmavati Temple.
- 21:00 Dinner and Night stay
- 05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
- 05:30 Move towards Suvela Machi for sunrise.
- Watch the sunrise from Suvela Machi.
- Back to the Padmavati Temple and Breakfast.
- 08:30 Start descending.
- 11:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
- 12:30 Start return journey to Mumbai.
- 18:30 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Saturday – 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Dinner, Sunday - 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for Saturday
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
• Lunch for Saturday
• Trekking shoes are must
• 2/3 liters of water
• Good Torch must with extra batteries
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that our hands free while trekking
• Sleeping material – sleeping mat and sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets
• Jacket, extra pair of clothes, towel
• Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
• Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
• Sun Cap and Sunscreen
• Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
• Identity Proof
• Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles