Rajgad is huge vast fort. Rajgad means King of all forts. Located south-west 40 Kms from Pune. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj spent a great deal of his time on this fort close to 25 years. Rajgad is famous for its construction layout. The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. There are the three sub-plateaux (Machee) namely Padmavati Machee, Suvela Machee and Sanjevani Machee, and at the centre is the Ballekilla.
Batches for Rajgad Trek
- Rajgad Fort Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 4182 feet
- Grade: Medium
- Endurance: Medium
- Base Village: Gunjavne
- Stay at Padmavati Temple
- Cost - Rs. 2200
Day 0 – Friday Night
23:30 Meet at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar East.
23:45 Leave for Rajgad Fort.
00:05 Diamond Garden, Chembur.
00:30 below main bridge, near Vashi Plaza.
01:15 Kalamboli, Mc Donald`s.
Reach at base village and rest in bus.
06:00 Freshen up.
08:00 Start ascending.
11:00 Reach on top. Explore Padmavati Machi and Temple.
14:00 Visit Balekilla.
16:00 Move towards Sanjivani Machi.
Enjoy sunset at Sanjivani Machi.
After sunset back to the Padmavati Temple.
05:00 Wakeup and freshen up.
05:30 Move towards Suvela Machi for sunrise.
Watch sunrise from Suvela Machi.
Back to the Padmavati Temple and Breakfast.
08:30 Start descending.
11:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
12:30 Start return journey to Mumbai.
18:30 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Saturday – 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Dinner, Sunday - 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for Saturday
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
• Lunch for Saturday
• Trekking shoes are must
• 2/3 liters of water
• Good Torch must with extra batteries
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that our hands free while trekking
• Sleeping material – sleeping mat and sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets
• Jacket, extra pair of clothes, towel
• Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
• Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
• Sun Cap and Sunscreen
• Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
• Identity Proof
• Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles