Parashar Lake Trek
Prashar lake trek is a beautiful weekend getaway. It lies in Himachal Pradesh. Parashar lake is located at the height of 2,730 meters or 8,960 feet above sea level. With deep blue waters, the lake is held sacred to the sage Prashar, and he is regarded to have meditated there. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and looking down on the fast-flowing river Beas, Prashar lake can be approached from Mandi or Bajaura in Kullu Valley. A three-storied Pagoda-like Temple is present besides the Prashar Lake, and it is dedicated to the sage Prashar.
The Dhauladhar ranges in Kullu Valley surround Prashar Lake. The hike starts from Baggi village, which is two hours drive from Mandi. It is a picture-perfect hike in Himachal Pradesh, and it has some enchanting views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Prashar Lake Trek details
- Dates: Every Thursday
- Duration: 3 Nights - 4 Days
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Highest Altitude: ~ 8960 feet
- Temperature: -5 to 10°C
- Age group: 18 to 35 yrs
- Cost: Rs. 6,599/- per person
Parashar Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 1 - Delhi to Mandi
Arrive in Delhi and transfer to Mandi. Overnight bus journey to Kasol .
Day 2 - Arrival at Mandi - 26 kms by road and 9 kms Trek from Baggi
Reach Mandi board the taxi for a scenic 26 kilometers jeep ride to the scenic Baggi village; arrive in the village, enjoy packed lunch, and get energized. Post this, begin with the trek to Parashar Lake. Ascend and descend through the easy yet captivating trails for around four to five hours till you reach the lakeside. Once beside the lake, settle down in the camps and enjoy the evening with a fascinating campfire followed by snacks, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 3 - Sightseeing in Parashar Lake| Departure from Mandi
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Baggi; be careful while trekking downwards as the trails might be slippery! Arriving in Baggi, take a drive to Mandi at around 3 pm and catch your bus back to Delhi. Overnight journey by Bus.
Day 4 - Arrive at Delhi
Arrive at Delhi and start your home journey. Trip ends here.
What is included in the tour
- Camping stay on sharing basis.
- Veg meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Trekking Gears: Tents, Sleeping Bags and Mattress
- Forest permits and entry fees
- First aid Kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- All the transportation to and from the Delhi.
- Freshen Up or stay in the Guest House
- Any meals not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Meals while travelling
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- Valid ID Proofs
- Sufficient cash as it is difficult to find ATMs in the mountains
- Waterproof trekking shoes & jacket
- Torch with extra batteries
- Warm clothes
- Camera with extra batteries
- Trekking stick
- Medical Kit
- UV Protected Sunglasses
- 60 to 46 days prior to date of departure: 20% of the tour cost
- 45 to 16 days prior to date of departure: 50% of the tour cost
- Less than 15 days prior to date of departure: No refund
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation