About Makalidurga: Makalidurga is a hill fort situated near the village of the same name. It is 60 km north of Bangalore and 10 km after Doddaballapura on the way to gauribidanur. The fort at the summit has an old temple of Shiva with Nandi and in legend Markandeya Rishi performed penance here.
Makalidurga Fort stands at the top of a huge granite hillock, huddled up amidst the chains of hills, formed like a valley close to Ghati Subramanya, a well-known pilgrimage center. It has a fort on top, at the height of 1,117mts.
Makalidurga Trek Summary:
- Theme: Trekking
- Terrain: Rocky
- Nearest Town: Doddaballapur
- Duration of the event: One Day
- Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Easy
- Total distance: 8 Kms Approx (Both the ways)
- Price/ Cost: Rs 1600
Makalidurga Trek Itinerary
Day 1 (Saturday)
05:30AM - Pick up at RR Nagar. (Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road)
06:00 am – Pick up Banashankari. (Bus Stop)
06:30 am – Pick up at BTM. (Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B)
06:40 am – Pick up at Silk Road. (Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant)
07:20 am – Pick up at Marathahalli (Opposite to Kalamandir)
On the way breakfast.
08:30 am - Reach Makkalidurga base and start the trek.
11:30 am - Reach peak, explore and take relax.
12:30 pm - Watch beauty and descend.
03:00 pm - Reach base and leave for a local restaurant in Doddaballapur to have lunch.
05:30 pm - Start back to Bangalore.
07:30 pm - Reach Bangalore.
What is included in the tour
- Karnataka forest fee (Rs500Approx.)
- Trek leader expertise
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water bottles
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- A proper backpack (no side bags or jholas)
- Warm clothing
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles