About the Milky Way Astrophotography Event
You will be camping in Samrad Village near Sandhan Valley one of the darkest spot in Maharashtra it is perfect for astrophotography. Our campsite will be away from the village with clear view of night sky Milky Way galaxy is visible around new moon in summer season. Let's create some amazing star trail timelapse and capture band of Milky way galaxy.
Please note things to carry
- DSLR or Camera or Mobile with manual mode
- Dslr remote also called intervalometer to capture star trail
- Tripod with ball head prefered
- Torch with extra batteries
Milky Way Photography Event Details
- Location: Ghatghar, Samrad Village
- India toilets available - 15 mins from campsite
- Cost: Rs. 1999/- per person
Night Photography Event Itinerary
Option 1 - By Train
Catch CSMT - Kasara fast local
- 10:16 am CSMT
- 10:23 am Byculla
- 10:29 am Dadar
- 10:36 am Kurla
- 10:40 am Ghatkopar
- 10:57 am Thane
- 11:13 am Dombivli
- 11:21 am Kalyan
- 12:34 pm Kasara
12:45 pm Meet at Kasara railway station.
01:00 pm Move towards Samrad village by local jeep.
04:30 pm Reach base village.
05:30 pm Evening tea and snacks.
06:30 pm Enjoy sunset and relax.
09:00 pm Dinner.
After dinner will start night photography session.
06:30 am Wake up and freshen up
07:30 am Breakfast.
08:00 am Start Sandhan valley half trek. (Just valley exploration from start point)
12:00 pm Back to the village.
12:30 pm Lunch.
01:30 pm Start return journey towards Kasara.
04:30 pm Reach at Kasara station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- 1 evening tea & snacks, 1 veg dinner, 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Tent Stay on multi sharing basis
- Kasara to Kasara travel by local jeep
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on day 1
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liter water bottle
- Comfortable footwear
- Trekking shoes
- Torch with extra batteries
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Camera with extra batteries
- Equipment for night photography (tripod, lenses etc.)
- Identity proof
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks
1. Will you be conducting star gazing ?
No we are not conducting star gazing
2. How far is the toilet ?
Toilet is 15 mins away from campsite
3. Will you provide sleeping bag and sleeping mattress ?
Please carry sleeping bag or two bed sheet we will provide simple foam mat as bedding
4. I don't have Dslr or Mobile or Camera can i join ?
Yes event is open for all you can observe and learn and enjoy the night sky and enjoy the camping experience
5. Will there be bonfire ?
Yes we will have bonfire limited period
6. Do you have barbeque ?
No we won't have barbeque as the event is focused around creating night sky images
7. Can I travel by my own car ?
Yes you can Samrad is 200 plus kilometers from Mumbai or Pune you will have to reach before 4.30 pm at Samrad Village we will give you google maps coordinates
8. Is it safe for women, children, solo travellers ?
Yes Samrad village is famous for camping and Sandhan Valley trek it is safe for women, children and solo travellers
9. Do we have mobile reception ?
Only 2g will work in selected regions only very poor range