Kudremukh is a mountain range and name of a peak located in Chikkamagaluru district, in Karnataka, India. It is also the name of a small hill station cum mining town situated near the mountain, about 48 kilometres from Karkalla and around 20 kilometres from Kalasa. The name Kudremukh literally means 'horse-face' (Kannada) and refers to a particular picturesque view of a side of the mountain that resembles a horse's face. It was also referred to as 'Samseparvata', historically since it was approached from Samse village. Kudremukha is Karnataka's 3rd highest peak after Mullayangiri and Baba Budangiri.
- Theme: Trekking
- Nearest Town: Kalasa
- Duration of the event: Two Day
- Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Moderate
- Total distance: 21 Km (Half Marathon Distance) Approx (Both the ways)
- Transportation: Provided by “T&T”
- Food: Provided by “T&T”2 Breakfast – 1 Lunch 1 Dinner
- Accomodation: Homestay
- Cost: Rs 3990/- per person
Kudremukh Trek Event Itinerary:
Friday Night - (Day 0)
09:30 PM - Pick-up at Indiranagar
09:45 PM - Pick-up at New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
10:00 PM - Pick-up at Lifestyle, Margrath Road (Near Garuda Mall)
Saturday- (DAY 1)
05:30 AM - Reach Kudremukh National Park.
07:30 AM - Check the homestay, have breakfast, Brief byTrek Leader and start the trek.
12:30 AM - Reach the top. Catch the view of Kudremukh Falls, spend some time there.
01:00 PM - Descend towards homestay
05:00 PM - Reach homestay and have snacks and hot tea.
08:00 PM - Dinner and campfire (optional).
Sunday- (DAY 2)
07:00 AM - Have breakfast and head to visit Somavati falls.
09:00 AM - If time permits we will explore the local market and buy tea powder and coffee beans for our loved ones.
11:30 AM - Depart for Bangalore and Reach by 9:30 PM (approx.).
What is included in the tour
- Transportation (Non-AC) to and fro from Bangalore
- Sharing basis accommodation in homestay.
- Permission from Forest Dept.
- Food – 2 Breakfast – 1 Lunch 1 Dinner
- Jeep Ride
- Campfire (optional)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of insurance. Personal Expense:( snacks, mineral water etc).
- Anything not included in the inclusions above.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- 2 litre water bottle per person
- Energy bars, dry fruits, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks
- Personal medicine
- Sun cap