Kodachadri Trek for the Lifetime Experience amid Scenic Beauty
Kodachadri Trek declared as a natural heritage site by the Karnataka government. Kodachadri trek is a mountain peak with dense forest. Its elevation is 1343 meters above sea level in the Western Ghats of South India, Shivamogga district Karnataka, 78 km from Shimoga. Kodachadri Hill is the 13th highest peak of Karnataka, also referred to as 'Jasmine of the Hills.'
Kodachadri Hills, located in the Mookambika wildlife sanctuary, forms a picturesque background to the temple of Moola Mookaambika in Kollur. It is considered a biodiversity hotspot, housing endangered species of flora and fauna. There are three different routes to reach the peak of this Kodachadri Trek, and the difficulty level varies with the way chosen. Monsoon season is particularly challenging to climb this trek as it receives heavy rainfall that makes the routes slippery.
P.S- Backpackers beware; this trek receives rainfall for about eight months in a year.
This trek is one of the most beautiful amongst the three mountain peaks of coastal Karnataka, the other two being Kuduremukh and Kumara Parvata. Kodachadri features lush greenery on its dense tropical jungle trails coupled with beautiful waterfalls and different amazingly eye-catching landscapes.
You can trek on the bridle path to reach Hidlumane Falls situated at a distance of 5 km from Kodachadri. At the bottom of this trek, near the Dhalli Village, is a waterfall in the deep forest, Arasinagundi. Belakallu Theertha is another waterfall at the bottom of Kodachadri Trek on the southern side that is easy trekking to reach.
Nagara Fort is around 25 km from this trek, where trekkers can spot an old fort built during the 18th century. Trekking for Kodachadri peak would begin from Nagodi Village or Nittur in Shivamogga Village located at the base of this trek. The Karnataka government strictly bans tented overnight camping and the campfire since January 2015.
A four-wheel-drive jeep well connects Kodachadri peak. The road leading to the top is fun, and adventurous local jeep drivers can drive to the top. Kundapur and Byndoor are the nearest major railway stations on the Mangalore-Mumbai Konkan railway route.
If your primary purpose of trekking is to enjoy mesmerizing sunset into the Arabian Sea from the peak, you would not be disappointed. Enjoy the combined beauty of mountains and ocean, which only a few peaks in the country like India offer. The trekking distance is around 14 km (to and fro).
Kodachadri Trek Details
- Theme: Trekking
- Nearest Town: Kollur
- Duration of the event: Two Day/one night
- Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Moderate to Difficult
- Total distance: 21 Km Approx. (Both the ways)
- Transportation: Provided
- Food: Breakfast Provided
- Accommodation: Homestay on sharing basis (As per availability)
- Booking Process: Call/WhatsApp us @ 9620921632
- Cost: Rs. 4000/- per person
Kodachadri Trek Itinerary
Day 0 - Friday night
10:30 PM - Start from Bangalore
Day 1 - Saturday
07:00 AM - Reach at beautiful homestay, freshen up and have breakfast.
08:00 AM - Start trek
10:00 AM- Enroute water fall visit
01:00 PM - Reach peak, Explore, have lunch and much more.
04:00 PM - Back to base and homestay (by jeep - experience the jeep ride on hilly road and you can also trek back)
04:30 PM - Mud volleyball, cricket or other available activities.
08:00 PM – Bonfire
09:00 PM - have dinner
10:00 PM – Have a nice sleep
Day 2 - Sunday
06:00 AM - Wake up and freshen up
06:30 AM - plant saplings/plucking mangos/some other activities (depends on season)
09:00 AM - Pack your bag & proceed to visit Shivappanaika's Fort at Nagara.
10:00 AM - Reach the Fort.
12:00 PM - Start back to Bangalore - Have self-sponsored lunch on the way.
10:00 PM - (approx.) Reach Bangalore
What is included in the tour
- Transportation in non-ac vehicle
- Stay in tents/Homestay
- Basic Veg food (2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
- Safety and medical kit
- Permission from Forest Dept.
- Trek Leader Expertise and basic First aid kit.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- Lunch on Sunday
- Food during bus travelling
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Mask and sanitizer
- Identity proof must
- Sun Cap - Sun Glasses (your wish)
- Wear Trekking/sports Pant - Quick Dry Material
- Wear light-colored clothes
- Avoid wearing dark colored clothes
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Trekking /sports shoes with good grip
- Water bottle / Hydration bag 2 - 3 liters
- Snacks: Energy bars: Dry fruits: Glucon D: ORS Powder
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.