Katrabai Peak Exploration Trek
Katrabai has the highest rock exposure in sahyadri. Katrabai could show chilling nights even in the month of May.
One can see vast expanse of Harishchandragad, Karkai, Kunjargad, Balubai peak, Naphta Peak, ghodishep to the south Ajoba, Karanda to the west and ,Muda, Gawaldeo, Ghanchakkar to the east, Ratangad, Alang, Madan, Kulang, Kirda peak, Sakira, Kalsubai, Pandhara mountain to the north.
Katrabai Peak Trek Event Details
- Katrabai Peak Trek Grade Moderate
- Trek Duration Katrabai Peak 2.5 hours ascent and 1.5 hours descent
- Trek Distance Katrabai Peak 5 kilometers one way
- Trek Max Elevation Katrabai Peak 1408 meters
- Base Village Kumshet village near Rajur, Ahmednagar Dist
- Weather Katrabai Mountain has no tree cover and it can get very windy
Event Plan Katrabai Peak
Day Zero Please board Kasara Train from nearest railway station
Train Time: Take CSMT- Kasara (Mulund fast)
- 10.50 pm – CST
- 11.05 pm – Dadar
- 11.34 pm – Thane
- 11.57 pm – Dombivli
- 12.07 am – Kalyan
- 01.18 am - Kasara
Day One - Katrabai Peak Trek Plan
01.18 am Meeting point Kasara Railway station near ticket counter
05.30 am Reach Kumshet base village by private transport
06.00 am Start trek after Introduction and briefing
08:30 pm Reach top, explore around, Relax, Have lunch
12.00 pm Start the descend
02.00 pm Reach the Base Village
03.00 pm Move towards kasara station, Evening Refreshments on the way
06.00 pm Reach kasara Station, move towards Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from kasara station and back
- Breakfast, Evening Refreshments
- Professional expertise for the trip.
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Treks and Trails India Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
3. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk).
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.