About Igatpuri Secret Camping
Our campsite is well hidden inside a beautiful jungle for sure you will have trouble finding it we have kept it that way. Igatpuri Lakeside camping is a beautiful spot for landscape photography. Your tents will be lake facing as the sunsets you can enjoy tea and evening snacks. Igatpuri Campsite is amazing for Astrophotography, Star Trails Photography, Igatpuri Stargazing it has very less night light pollution located in one of the darkest spots in Maharashtra. Enjoy Dinner local food. Wake up to the sounds of birds and enjoy birding your tents will be facing the sunrise and the beautiful Secret Camping Lake. Indian toilets are available on the campsite and parking. After your morning breakfast, you can click more selfies and groupies. Check out timings are 10 am you can also visit nearby sites our campsite manager will share the locations.
The campsite is ideal for camping near Mumbai, camping near Nashik.
Igatpuri Camping Details
- Location: Igatpuri
- Indian toilets available
- Local food (veg/non-veg)
- Cost without watersports: Rs. 1100/- per person
- Cost with watersports: Rs. 1400/- per person
Igatpuri Camping Itinerary
04:00 pm - Check-in at the campsite and tent allocation.
Enjoy games with your group (badminton, dart, cricket)
05:30 pm - Evening snacks and Tea.
Watch Sunset and Relax in your tent.
09:00 pm - Dinner.
08:00 am - Wake up.
08:30 am - Breakfast and Tea.
11:00 am - Check out - Campsite Igatpuri.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at the base village on time.
- Due to the above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
- You can carry your own blanket (if you want)
Places to visit nearby Igatpuri Campsite not included in the package
- Bahuli Dam - Bhavli Dam
- Bhavli Waterfall only during monsoon
- Ashoka Waterfall or Vihi Waterfall only during monsoon
- Kavnai Fort
- Tringalwadi Fort and Caves
- Vaitarna Dam
What is included in the tour
- Evening Snacks, Dinner and Breakfast
- Tent Stay on sharing basis with camping mat
- Indian toilets available
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation
- Lunch for day 1
- Watersports activities
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Face mask (must)
- Hand sanitizer and spray (must)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes & towel
- Comfortable footwear
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Identity proof (must)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Is the campsite safe for women?
The campsite is completely safe for women & children. The campsite staff is present at the campsite at all times to assist you.
2. Will the food be enough & can I order if I need more?
The food we provide is in a very good quantity & does not fall short. In case you want to order something extra it can be done by paying at the campsite directly.
3. Is Jain food available at the campsite
Yes, Jain food is available kindly mention in the comments during the booking
4. Are there wild animals nearby?
There are no wild animals around.
5. Are unmarried couples allowed?
Camping is meant for all to experience hence we do not have any such restrictions.
6. Who are the staff at the campsite?
The staff at the campsite are locals who manage & maintain the campsite. They will be there throughout your stay to assist you. We believe camping is best experienced when you get to know the locals & their culture.
7. Are toilets available at the campsite
Yes, Indian style toilets are available at the campsite.
Igatpuri Camping Blog
Camping in the wilderness is among the long unfulfilled desires of every urban dweller. Who wouldn't want to leave behind the etiquettes of the civilized world and go back to their roots? Live like the old-age hunter-gatherer amidst the forest and mountains. Well, our frenzy schedules and responsibilities, along with scanty leaves, make it almost impossible for us to experience something like this. Keeping all this in mind, Treks and Trails curated this surreal camping excursion, just 15 kilometers from Igatpuri. Hush Hush, we can't name it, as this campsite is pristine and veiled by some of the gigantic mountains of the Sahyadri Mountain Ranges. It is nestled in the delightful and tranquil Igatpuri county in the Western Ghats. This camping site has immaculate natural magnificence and is encircled, including mountains, lakes, and dams.
Trust us on this, and you won't have to carry anything with you. Our campsite is well-furnished with all the modern-day amenities, such as most good weather-proof tents equipped with comfortable foam mats that promise a sound sleep and overall protection from dampness, insects, and other unsavory bits of nature. We have hygienic toilets offering you privacy and hygienic sanitation. After all, we are civilized individuals who are not used to living by ways of organic nature. All you have to do is a scout for a comfy spot by the lakeside and dawdle away your evening by gazing at the mesmerizing surroundings you have never seen before. As this campsite is located in a silent zone, away from the city of Mumbai, here, you can discover quietness, serenity, and tranquillity along the lake, for which you always ached. This camping excursion makes for a perfect weekend getaway for families, couples, and students alike amongst scenic nature views.
Plan for the day at Igatpuri Camping
Treks and Trails bring you Lake Camping at one of the most beautiful and quiet locations near Igatpuri. You can check-in at the campsite by 4 or 5 pm and go through a hassle-free check-in process to your camp. Our camp managers will allot you tents according to your group size and requirements. After settling in and organizing your backpacks in the tents, you can explore the campsite before dusk. When hunger strikes, you will be presented with hot snacks and beverages.
It's time to unleash the adventurer, photographer, cook, and artist in you. You can either go for a boat ride around the lake, sit by the lakeside, and engage yourself in sketching the surreal landscape in front of you or engross yourself by reading the book you brought a while ago and never got the chance to read. We recommend bringing along your cameras, as you will get multiple opportunities to capture the marveling scenery and fun memories which will be etched in your hearts and cameras forever. Suppose you're the kind who wants to laze around and chill, located near the waterbody away from the city's hurly-burly, this campsite is the best place to relax. Witness the best sunset of your life when the sun melts down behind the mountains and the sky changes its hues.
Post the sunset; the stars will gradually begin to sparkle up the sky. That's when it is time to get out of the barbeque grill—gear up for an open-air DIY mouth-watering barbeque session. Our camp leaders will teach you how to place the marinated vegetables, chicken, and cottage cheese in the skewer, light the coals, coat all the ingredients with butter, and roast them over the fire. Sounds lip-smacking and exciting, right? If you have carried popcorn, marshmallows, and instant noodles, we can make them over the fire, too, to get a smoky, wood fiery taste.
In the meantime, while the barbeque is getting cooked, some of you can assist our camp leaders in setting up the campfire. You will get to do all of these activities only on our camping trips. We like our guests to indulge in activities which they won't ever do back in the city, and it merely adds to your memories, fun, and experience. Barbeque, campfire, and music that's what camping trips are made. We will settle around the campfire, hum to old songs, and narrate stories. If you are a musician, we recommend getting your guitar along and serenading us with your soulful music.
Dinnertime calls for a soul-satisfying meal cooked by the local villagers, comprising traditional delicacies. Post dinner and relaxing a bit, we will go for a short hike around the campsite in the nearby forest area. After returning from the hike, you decide how you want to spend the rest of the time. You can wish to lay down on the sky and star gaze or sit by the campfire, play games, or narrate stories.
The break of dawn brings in the nippy breeze and an orchestra of birds. Open your tent to the magical views of the lush Sahyadri ranges and mist-covered mountains. The entrance campsite will be glistening in the first rays of morning. Spend your morning listening to the music of birds. We suggest getting binoculars for bird watching. You can do yoga by the lakeside and go for a run around the campsite. Once done with the breakfast, we spend some jolly time around the camp and then check-out and say our goodbyes to the campsite.
Things to do around Igatpuri
Igatpuri obliges a wide range of explorers and fills in as an incredible getaway from the mayhem of the regular city lives. A paradise for nature fanatics, the town likewise has numerous old posts, immaculate cascades, and brags of a few adventure experiences, including rock climbing, trekking, camping, and that's only the tip of the iceberg. A few backwoods and camping areas make Igatpuri an absolute bucket list place in the state.
The absolute best of Igatpuri include the Bhatsa River Valley, which is an incredible spot for enjoying photography and hiking. You can likewise visit the Camel Valley, Randha Falls, or the old Tringalwadi Fort and absorb the land's rich history and culture. Perhaps the greatest fascination here is the Vipassana Centre, the central command of the biggest Vipassana foundation on the planet and an incredible spot to meditate and unwind. You even drive to the exquisite Vaitarna lake for an intimate picnic. Igatpuri is overflowing with surreal experiences that are waiting for you.